"Don't waste your money on _____"

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't waste your money on Physicians Formula Talc-Free Loose Powder. It stays on good for about an hour, then it becomes oily and makes the face so shiny. Not a good shiny either. I wouldn't recommend it at all.

Originally Posted by mhm_megan /img/forum/go_quote.gif Don't waste your money on Physicians Formula Talc-Free Loose Powder. It stays on good for about an hour, then it becomes oily and makes the face so shiny. Not a good shiny either. I wouldn't recommend it at all. I think that would depend on one's skin, though. I have very dry skin, and no powder could ever make my skin look shiny. lol.

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think that would depend on one's skin, though. I have very dry skin, and no powder could ever make my skin look shiny. lol. My skin's dry also and I think this product was supposed to be oil free. But it still ran and my makeup came off. It was bad. Not worth 11 bucks haha.

Originally Posted by kurczak /img/forum/go_quote.gif Rimmel Vinyl Lip Gloss - u will be not able to open your mounthEstee Lauder Eyeshadow Quads - almost no pigment inside

Most of Avon products

Lancome mascaras - very good quality but they dry out after one month

i liked the Rimmel Vinyl Lip Gloss i got them at like 2 for 3.99 and i didnt think they were very sticky and i liked the colours

Originally Posted by cosmo2127 /img/forum/go_quote.gif dont waste your money on:
1. TrueMatch foundation- this makes your face look too cakey or pasty.

2. Walmart Make up Brushes- they fall apart really easy.

3. Cream Eye Shadows- they tend to crease.

4. Wet n Wild Products- the lipsticks and lipglosses suck.

5. Curling Irons and Flat Irons- make sure you get the ceramic kind cuz they work the best.

this is all that i can think of for now.

i also have a red lipstick from wet n wild that i LOVE, i find the colour to be pretty and my lips look shiny and moisturized so i dont have to add a glossand though some may come off the general colour stays on your lips

loreal eyeshadow.

It either wouldn't come off the brush or ended u on my cheek. Eyen tried it as liquid and it stuck to the brush.

Any maybelline mascaras

bourjois consealers

great thread!

Don't waste your money on.....

Too Faced---Lash Injection Mascara. I might have had a defective one, but it was really dry. I had to apply like 4 times and there was no volumizing or lengthening.

oh this thread looks like a black list
smile.gif

Originally Posted by perlanga2005 /img/forum/go_quote.gif LoreL Infalible- runs out too fast with daily usenyc pressed powder- very orangey

wnw eyeliner- tugs and no color

cover girl- brow and eye makers

maybelline wet shine diamonds liquid- bad scent and felts bad

maybelline shinylicious- really bad scent

jane lucky star lipstick- feels like sandpaper on lips.

In addition to this which I wrote one and a half years agoAll these eyeliners- They all smudge very badly if you use then on the waterline, which I do

Avon colorworks eyeliner

WNW automatic pencil- Smudgess too easily even if you use it on your outside skin.

Avon glimmersticks- also tuggs quite a bit.

NYC automatic pencil- Packaging broke apart instantly

Maybelline Define-a-line

other stuff

L'Oreal true match- Broke me out

WnW megaslicks lipgloss- It's not very blendable and is quite sheer, when it's supposed to have coverage.

avon glazewear- It's a lipgloss, but it's not very glossy, pore like a liquid l/s.

almay one coat triple effect mascara- dry formula to begin with.

Mayelline XXL curl power- Is good for a week then becomes dry.

WNW diamond brilliance gloss- Way too sticky, feels like molasses, and smells gross like dirt.

Elf plumping lipglaze- smells and feels like nail polish on lips, with no plumping whatsoever.

Originally Posted by girl_geek /img/forum/go_quote.gif Almay One Coat Lengthening Waterproof Mascara -- flaked terribly, even worse than the non-waterproof version of this mascara!

Awww... I love this mascara... waterproof and regular formula!

i think diorshow is a great mascara. some of the products here mentioned work well for me, i guess it's all different depending on who you are.

CG's Wetslicks. They're smell horrible, have crappy sheer colors that look like nothing in the tube, feel like plain vaseline on your lips and have no staying power whatsoever

I bought the Almay trios for brown eyes, both the regular and play up, about a year ago. I used them for a while, but without much success. The colors are really sheer, even on the supposedly intense palette. They fade away in about two hours as well, even with a primer.

What a great thread!

Don't waste your money on .... Rimmel Underground Eye Glistener!
madno.gif

I have a weakness for eye crayons so when I swatched the one that open I all but passed out! Beautiful, yummy, creamy, iridescence! It glided on the back of my hand with the lightest touch and was truly unique color. To bad they never dry! Crease city, even with UUDP and TFSI!

annabelle's cream eyeshadows.. i don't know if my eyelids are extra oily but even with primer they crease within 20 mins. Not even exaggerating.

Originally Posted by gypsyjune727 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Sephora's Triple Action waterproof mascara. Its ok, but smells like tires. Yeah.

HAHAHAHA!
biggrin.gif

Dont waste your money on ANYTHING by Rimmel, its all crap.

Nail polishes are OK, but i wouldnt ever buy them myself.

Maybelline dream mousse foundation - makes skin reeaally dry and flaky

I didnt like benefits boiing concealer, but it seems to get great reviews so i guess it depends on the person

I like Badgal mascara, Clinique's liquid foundation and maybelline mousse blush though.

Latest posts

Back