"Don't waste your money on _____"

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NYX blushes!

These were so crap when I bought them... I bought them like, 3 years ago - so maybe the formula changed now. But I just hated how they worked/looked. Eck.

Maybelline Dream Mousse foundation IS horrible. That thing is complete crap... I tried it once and it felt like putting cake icing on my face. Most heaviest foundation I've ever tried. Caca product.

Maybelline XXL Curl Mascara - Crap. I prefer their regular XXL stuff, not the curl one. And barely any product showed up in the wand so my lashes were all thin and crappy looking. It did curl but it looked like I had no mascara on.

I kind of hate to admit it, but I feel like I totally wasted my money on Benefit Erase Paste. It is so creamy, but it immediately settles into lines, doesn't give full coverage, and seems to magically fade away from the time I leave my house until I arrive at work (a 7 minute car ride). And I have tried everything I can think of to get it to set (even UDPP underneath). Feel like a chump for spending the $$.

L'Oreal's Full Definition Voluminous

soo clumpy!
frown.gif
i hate the brush, too!

Originally Posted by akbaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif L'Oreal's Full Definition Voluminous
soo clumpy!
frown.gif
i hate the brush, too!

OMG! That was my HG mascara until L'Oreal HIP came out with their mascara! If it was clumpy, maybe you got an old mascara? I loved that the brush was so fluffy, 'cause mascaras with tiny brushes don't do anything at all for my lashes!

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif OMG! That was my HG mascara until L'Oreal HIP came out with their mascara! If it was clumpy, maybe you got an old mascara? I loved that the brush was so fluffy, 'cause mascaras with tiny brushes don't do anything at all for my lashes! i liked it when it was in the black tube, but then they came out with the newer one, i don't really know the difference, but it was in a gold tube and i hate it! i liked the old one a lot better, i tried switching the brushes to see if it'd help, but the formula was so thick it just clumped right up and got everywhere!maybe i did get an old tube though, but who knows..

MaxFactor eyeshadows really dissapointed me. I went out and spend almost 6 dollars per eyeshadow trio. I was so excited because I got some amazingly pretty colors. Tried them out and got so angry. They look so bright and amazing in the eyeshadow container. Put it on and they barely show up. I was like man how did they get them so vibrant on Carmen Electra. I tried them wet and everything. Still the same very very light color. I used an electric pink and it came out so light it looked just like I had used a hilight eyeshadow all over my eyelid.

Dream Matte Mousse. When I first bought it I was like wow I love the way this goes on and it feels great on my skin. I still love the way it goes on and how great it feels but whenever I use the dream matte mousse and then the dream matte mousse blush I look rediculously made up. I mean in certain lighting..Say a bedroom it looks fine. You go outside and look at yourself in the rearview mirror and you feel like a clown. I have the right shade and everything. I barely put any on but in the light outside it looks like I caked on the whole jar of foundation. I mean it looks so thick and heavy you could peel it off in pieces even when I just barely used any of it.

E.L.F. products. I went online and bought all of these products because for one they were only a dollar and for two looked amazing online and were advertised well. I got them and tried them out and they were so cheap. Their eyeshadows don't show up. Their lipglosses are so sticky. Their brushes shed ridiculously and feel harsh on the skin. I ended up throwing almost everything I bought from them out except for the eyelash curler.

Urban Decay's Poison Ring. It was originally sold for $50, I bought it on sale for $25, the glosses to put inside are, eh, and the clasp to close it no longer works, after only 3 weeks, and constantly pops open. It is very cute, but turned out to be non-functional!

Bobbi Brown eyeshadows. They're not worth their money... better buy mac than this low-pigmented stuff--it'll cost you the same anyway. And the mascaras are also awful and over-prized.

Clinique's eyeshadows are also low-pigmented and not worth their money, but I really love their liquid foundations, as opposed to the sentiments of many in this thread. LOL.

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hmmm I kinda don't like this thread. I think even the products that didn't work for me probably work for someone else. But here it goes.....Dont waste your money on.....

MAC Foundation- breakouts for days

ProActiv- The worst skin of my life

Maybelline Great Lash- Flakes and more flakes

NARS Shadows- No pigment??? The blushes sure have color!

Wow, I love NARS shadows. They last forever on me. I think alot of this has to do with everyones individual PH balance or something. Some stuff I love others despise!

Loreal's double extend mascara. YUCK. Waste of 8 bucks,

Wet n wild's h2o proof liquid eyeliner, it sucks so bad it's like putting melted permenant marker all over your eyelids. :/

Bobbi Brown everything mascara . . . I could get something that works 50 thousand times better for like 3 bucks at a drugstore. Good job guys.
smile.gif

Covergirl Lash Blast Mascara yuk! made my lashes look shorter then they actually are

***Big fat orange bottle one***

NYX eyeshadow trios, most of them are just horrible, I kept applying the shadows but the colors wont show or stick to the skin even with primer and I find then hard to blend and fall off when you try to blend them

Originally Posted by Ricci /img/forum/go_quote.gif Covergirl Lash Blast Mascara yuk! made my lashes look shorter then they actually are***Big fat orange bottle one***

Really? this one actually makes mine look a little longer

yeah .. I decided Im gonna keep the mascara and use the other cobvergirl mascara brush I like a lot

Originally Posted by Sunshine80 /img/forum/go_quote.gif NYX eyeshadow trios, most of them are just horrible, I kept applying the shadows but the colors wont show or stick to the skin even with primer and I find then hard to blend and fall off when you try to blend them

Really? this one actually makes mine look a little longer

Sunshine - have you tried their singles? I like their singles a lot more than their trios.

Originally Posted by lindas /img/forum/go_quote.gif MAC studio fix...made me break out for weeks!!!Cover girl eye shadows.. no matter how much i applied...it never had the staying power and i was never able to see the colors

Neutrogena face lotion

I've been using Mac Studio Fix for years. For every day wear I use Macs loose powder but for special occasions I use studio fix instead of foundation because I dont like foundation.

AVON mascara .. dont remember which kind. poor quality.

Most NYC stuff .. horrible pigmentation on eyeshadows =[

FLIRT! from Kohls .. at least the lipglosses/lipsticks really have no staying power and the color ends up looking chalky. Eyeshadows crease 10x more than other brands, even with too faced shadow insurance.

- I really don't care for much of what Avon makes. All of the lipsticks seem to turn a shade of red on me.

- I agree with the masses on the Great Lash mascara. What is the fascination with this stuff? It's awful!

- Maybelline and Cover Girl foundation - it all has this orange tint to it.

Now the stuff I DID like that I saw on the list was the Maybelline Volum' Express mascara - its one of my faves. I haven't tried the Colassal (sp?) yet though...

I also LOVE Proactiv. I didn't have a horrible acne problem, but I had some around my chin area and this stuff has made my skin fabulous. I'm really happy with it. My BFF said it did nothing for her, so maybe it only works for some people. *shrug*

the problem with proactiv is that it works at first , and then your body gets used to the medication and it doesnt work. Thats what it did for me.

I actually hugely love Maybeline XXL mascara. Its one of the few that actually makes my eyelashes bigger and longer

Back