Dont waste your money on...______ (2009)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anything Maybelline

MAC Prep + Prime Eye

Ecotools brushes

Sonia Kashuk concealer palette

Sonia Kashuk White Handled Brushes

MAC stick concealer

MAC LE Brushes

Jane Be Pure Mineral Liquid Foundation

No7 Mousse Foundation

Originally Posted by Shasta /img/forum/go_quote.gif Maybelline Colossal Mascara. The first couple of uses were good and I really liked it and then about a week into using it the thing in the tube that wipes the mascara off as you pull out the brush broke and I ended up with the stuff all over the brush and it was absolutely worthless after that. Happened to me twice (the first time I thought I was too rough with it or something...but alas...it wasn't my fault!). Urgh, i forgot about that stuff...probably because i have shoved it as far back in the dresser draw as it will go! I really, really didn't like it at all. Had the worst consistency and when i had it on it kept flaking into my eyes, in fact my eyes just water thinking about it! It smudged everywhere after ten seconds of wearing it. And your right, the packaging is rubbish too! I tried to pass it off on a friend but she refused to take it after trying it once!

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif Anything Maybelline
MAC Prep + Prime Eye

MAC stick concealer

MAC LE Brushes

n

Really?I was gonna go purchase some of those tooo...like those products.And I was thinking about using Mac's primer and seeing if it would work.
22.gif

I wrote incorrectly, I meant MAC Prep + Prime Lash not Eye

I have never had good luck with a single Maybelline product. I have tried many. MAC Prep + Prime lash made my mascara flake off. The stick concealer settles into fine lines, making me look like dookie. The Hello Kitty brush set I bought had to be sent back, because it bled like crazy and wouldn't stop. UI have not heard anything good about the other LE brush sets.

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm still going with Maybelline Great Lash. lol. Watery, smeary mess. It doesn't lengthen or add volume, either. Ditto. That stuff sux!!!

I know some people who absolutely love it, but Chanel Glossimer in Glaze. It's a nice, nonsticky gloss, but unless you're buying it just for the gorgeous packaging, ehh. Surely you can find something like it for 1/3 of the price.

I actually LOVE ECO TOOLS I have actually purchased a few sets, kept some for myself and gave away as gifts. One problem about the synthetic brushes is that they do not retain powders that well, but they are great if you work with semi-wet or creamy textures.

But anyways, back to main topic:

DO NOT BUY ======

WET AND WILD MINERAL POWDER (LOOSE)

what was i thinking? I think the only reason i bought it because it was so cheap and i had to go try it. SO FLAKY and ROUGH. I am better off dying cement and putting that on my face.

L'Oreal Ideal Balance Foundation

yuck. the bottles say to help your oily skin stay matte? BULL CRAP!

BARE MINERALS - WARMTH <--- waste of money. Much better off using a standard bronzer than this loose powder mess of a jar that won't blend well and makes you look like a toasted yam.

Originally Posted by amymonel /img/forum/go_quote.gif BARE MINERALS - WARMTH <--- waste of money. Much better off using a standard bronzer than this loose powder mess of a jar that won't blend well and makes you look like a toasted yam.

Oh no I just bought that
frown.gif
Haha!

MAC Pink Venus..I cannot get this eyeshadow to show up on me, even if I apply like 10 layers of it. It is horrible, it makes me not want to buy any more Lustre shadows
frown.gif

Originally Posted by venus in furs /img/forum/go_quote.gif I know i wrote this in the last one, but it was right at the end of the thread and i REALLY want to warn people about this stuff...its dangerous. So here i go again...
Its not make-up but don't waste your money on that Pearl Drops veneer stuff you paint on your teeth like nail varnish to make them whiter...unless you never eat or drink ever again. I thought it was great at first- white nail varnish for your teeth, ace idea! But...

I didn't realise until after a glass of red wine on a night out, when my boyfriend looked at me horrified...'your teeth have gone purple!!?'. Yes, the wine had sunk into the veneer and made my teeth a lovely red wine purple colour. Took ages to get off also!!! I have experimented and candy floss makes your teeth go bright pink. lol. It should say on the packaging that your white teeth will go whatever colour your food/drink is!

Wow thanks for that. I had just seen the advert for it and thought I might try it. I wanted to brighten my teeth but I have heard so many horror stories from those teeth whitening salons. I suppose I could always use it and change to white wine, NAH.

Originally Posted by laurafaye /img/forum/go_quote.gif Oh no I just bought that
frown.gif
Haha!
frown.gif

i mean, I have asian skin tone, and it's already too dark as an all over "tan" glow for me... i can't imagine what it would look like if you're caucasian... maybe except if you were one of those people that tans underneath the sun and tanning bed 5x a week.

CG Smoothers Powder

my mom bought it for me when she couldn't find my usual Fresh Complexion at the drug store.

It looked god awful orange. I figured mom got the wrong shade, so I tried the next shade paler and looked dead.

Does not blend AT ALL and looks like it's just loosely hanging on my face.

Also, I live in sticky gross humid Florida. This is not humidity-proof like Fresh Complexion normally is.

Dior Iconic Mascara.

Strange but true: I currently applied Dior Iconic on one eye, and Rimmel Glam Eyes, and see no considerable difference in lenth or curve. Both do not irritate my super sensitive contact wearing eyes, do not flake... Well, that's the difference?

Dior Iconic - $27, Rimmel Glam Eyes - $4.46 (or something like that - 40% off at Walgreens this week).

I am hi end mascara gal, but so far, only the cute case and a complimentary Dior lipstick I got at Sephora together with Dior Iconic holds me back from returning it all. ;0)

L'oreal double extend beauty tubes mascara....it is nothing like the original tube mascara Kiss Me....waste of money!

I hate most drugstore mascaras....

ever since maybelline got rid of illegal lengths, all their mascaras have sucked majorly.

In fact, I don't even bother with drugstore mascaras any more. Much easier to have one tube of lancome hypnose (or is it virtuose? the one with the curled brush) or YSL faux cils (it smells like peaches, hehe)

I'm going to add L'oreal colorAppeal eyeshadows. No pigmentation whatsoever. Their black comes out grey, and the gold one needs about 50 applications to get any colour out of it.

And don't be fooled by MAC honeylust either. It's the most gooorgeous colour, but it also has really low pigmentation. It's best to use it over a base colour.

Eyeliner pens. I've tried so many of them and they all suck. You end up w/ a mess that takes forever to correct then you have to reapply everything. Gimmicky...a trend NOT to follow, definitely.

Originally Posted by jodevizes /img/forum/go_quote.gif Wow thanks for that. I had just seen the advert for it and thought I might try it. I wanted to brighten my teeth but I have heard so many horror stories from those teeth whitening salons. I suppose I could always use it and change to white wine, NAH. Oh, i haven't tried it with white wine, i may give it a go and see. Probably have some strange chemical reaction and go green! haha. Well, as i mentioned, it probably would be okay if you didn't eat or drink anything wearing it, but unless someone has a serious ED than that's probably not going to happen! It doesn't really look much whiter unless you put a few layers on though, but i found that this has the potential to make you look like you have some serious plaque issues as it kinda builds up and covers the gaps between the teeth. Its quite shimmery which is a bit strange also. I think the idea is good but the product is just a bit gimmicky. Its quite cheap- i got it on offer ages ago in Superdrug so if you wanted to experiment than it may work for you, or you could just see what colour you can get your teeth to go!

Bare Minerals foundation. If you have oily skin the bismuth makes you look much shinier! Also don't spend money on Mac foundations if you have acne prone skin, I have seen it breaks me out every time I use it! I love their colors but I hate the formula! Hope that helps anyone!

Latest posts

Back