Dupes for Bondi polish colors?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zoya's Darcy for Brick Road.  Bright yellows like this don't look good on my skin tone, though.  I like soft, butter yellow instead.

Darcy:

Quote: Originally Posted by rachelshine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I was dying for My Ex's Heart!
May I suggest "Goth" from Orly?  Black with shimmer but not too much shimmer.

Edit:  Oops, Goth has silver shimmer but not holo.  Sorry!

I was dying for My Ex's Heart!
My_Ex_s_Heart_3_1024x1024.jpg

Zoya+Storm+vs+A+England+Bridal+Veil+vs+Butter+London+The+Black+Knight+vs+Girly+Bits+Into+The+Night.JPG

This is from The PolishAholic:

Zoya Storm vs A England Bridal Veil vs Butter London The Black Knight vs Girly Bits Into the Night

They all have more glitter than My Ex's Heart, but still look pretty close to me!

Zoya+Storm+vs+A+England+Bridal+Veil+vs+Butter+London+The+Black+Knight+vs+Girly+Bits+Into+The+Night.JPG
This is from The PolishAholic: Zoya Storm vs A England Bridal Veil vs Butter London The Black Knight vs Girly Bits Into the Night They all have more glitter than My Ex's Heart, but still look pretty close to me!
Thank you for all the swatch comparisons. How is Zoya's formulation? I only own Mason, but haven't tried it out yet.

Quote: Originally Posted by thebeverley3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thank you for all the swatch comparisons. How is Zoya's formulation? I only own Mason, but haven't tried it out yet.
Zoya in general has pretty good formulas. This is from the PolishAholic's review of Storm. "Storm is black with a scattered holo effect. *dead* this is amazing, my favorite of the collection by far. It looks like a galaxy on your nails out in the sun, if I should ever attempt a galaxy manicure this will definitely be what my base is. The formula was great, a bit sheer on the first coat but fully opaque on the second. Storm also dried really shiny!"

Quote: Originally Posted by puppyluv /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is from The PolishAholic:

Zoya Storm vs A England Bridal Veil vs Butter London The Black Knight vs Girly Bits Into the Night

They all have more glitter than My Ex's Heart, but still look pretty close to me!
Wahooo! Thank you much :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :) I might give the Butter London a try. I'm not a huuuuge fan of the polishes I have of theirs, always seems to chip right away with me, but I'll give it a shot!

Wahooo! Thank you much :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :) I might give the Butter London a try. I'm not a huuuuge fan of the polishes I have of theirs, always seems to chip right away with me, but I'll give it a shot!

Definitely try Zoya's Storm. In the bottle it looks great, but once you put it on it's uh-mazingly gorgeous. I don't have the BL to see how it compares, but I have the Zoya and love it!

You know, I'm starting to realize that Bondi polishes aren't that original, LOL. 

ETA: So I was kinda wrong about my Blue Night by Bonita being close to Tavern on the, the first is much darker than the latter. But still pretty though (pic my own):

I may have found another Glitz & Glam dupe!  Zoya's Sarah.  I was at Ulta, and they didn't have Tori, but they had this shade... and it looks much more "raspberry" to me!

In order, Zoya Tori, Bondi Glitz and Glam, Zoya Sarah:

Sarah is definitely darker, but has the cooler, pinker feel that I felt Tori was lacking.  Still haven't made up my mind, but it's another option!

Police Box Dupes from Cult Nails (also 20% off with F&FCONVERT):

Thoughts on either of these ladies? 

Wack Slacks

This seems to lean purple tho depending on the light 

or

Time Traveler 

This one is super dark 

Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I may have found another Glitz & Glam dupe!  Zoya's Sarah.  I was at Ulta, and they didn't have Tori, but they had this shade... and it looks much more "raspberry" to me!

In order, Zoya Tori, Bondi Glitz and Glam, Zoya Sarah:

Sarah is definitely darker, but has the cooler, pinker feel that I felt Tori was lacking.  Still haven't made up my mind, but it's another option!
I have Sarah and think it is darker but it's still one of my favorite reds.

Police Box Dupes from Cult Nails (also 20% off with F&FCONVERT):

Thoughts on either of these ladies? 

Wack Slacks

This seems to lean purple tho depending on the light 

or

Time Traveler 

This one is super dark 
Of those two, I think Wack Slacks is closer. How about Barry M Blue Grape?

Quote: Originally Posted by sarahjaneb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Of those two, I think Wack Slacks is closer. How about Barry M Blue Grape?
It's gorgeous, just need to be able to find it!! Shipping prices from UK makes me want to throw up, haha! Ninja Polish is out right now. 

It's gorgeous, just need to be able to find it!! Shipping prices from UK makes me want to throw up, haha! Ninja Polish is out right now. 

Not only that, because of recent Royal Mail changes, they're destroying polish packages to and from the UK. It's a toss-up if you'll win that lucky little lottery or not. It's a longshot, but have you tried Amazon?

I have a few more:

I don't know if all of you have access to Cherimoya, their metallic polishes are awesome and Metallic Violet (pic by Aradia blog) looks like it could be a good substitute for Girl on Top:

Sally Hansen's Iced Coffee looks similar to In the Buff, thought ligther:

Color Club Electronica and the 7-Train:

Aaand that's all the "dupes" I have on my possession. That was fun :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

Back