Dupes for Bondi polish colors?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSilverNail /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hey, looky here:  http://www.thepolishaholic.com/2013/11/i-love-nail-polish-new-shade-swatches.html

Contraband may be the dupe of The 7 Train (now renamed some douchecanoe thing) that I wanted!!
ahahahahahahahahh!
rofl2.gif

here's another poss 7 train dupe maybe? (Julep's Maggie, on sale rt now too)

Quote: Originally Posted by Lily V /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  ahahahahahahahahh!
rofl2.gif

here's another poss 7 train dupe maybe? (Julep's Maggie, on sale rt now too)

Hoo wee, loving this one!!

I was looking at some Chanel polishes and I think Elixir looks like Strawberry Fields.  Does anyone have swatches of that?

You bet.  My favorite blogger who swatches Chanel is Pam at Polish Police, but she didn't swatch Elixir.  It really does seem to have that light-red-but-not-pink look.

Zoya's LC is (so far) looking to be close to Strawberry Fields, close enough to pass as a dupe. I'll have a better assessment once I can look at em both in daylight, but under normal room lighting they look the same.

***Edited to add***

Okay, LC isn't an exact dupe, but it's very similar. Strawberry Fields leans more coral and LC leans more pink-red. Depending on the light, they can either look the same, or it's obvious one's more coral than the other. For me, LC is close enough to call it a reasonable dupe.

Quote: Originally Posted by DragonChick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Zoya's LC is (so far) looking to be close to Strawberry Fields, close enough to pass as a dupe. I'll have a better assessment once I can look at em both in daylight, but under normal room lighting they look the same.

***Edited to add***

Okay, LC isn't an exact dupe, but it's very similar. Strawberry Fields leans more coral and LC leans more pink-red. Depending on the light, they can either look the same, or it's obvious one's more coral than the other. For me, LC is close enough to call it a reasonable dupe.
Thanks so much for this suggestion! I have been following this thread since the Bondi catastrophe looking for ways to get the colors I wanted without having to go through them. Strawberry Fields was a color in one of my cancelled orders and I was very upset that I was going to be unable to get it. I have been looking for a dupe since and when I saw your suggestion, I went ahead and got LC and I love it! I love that it is a perfect blend of red and pink without leaning too much one way or another. 

Back