Dupes for Bondi polish colors?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know of a West Point Waters dupe?

I have been looking at OPI's new collection for holiday and maybe Cute Little Vixen could be a dupe for Cuff Me.

Edit:  Zoya Mason actually looks more purple in online pictures.  While the OPI color is more pink/magenta and maybe less bright.

Quote: Originally Posted by puppyluv /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My_Ex_s_Heart_3_1024x1024.jpg

Zoya+Storm+vs+A+England+Bridal+Veil+vs+Butter+London+The+Black+Knight+vs+Girly+Bits+Into+The+Night.JPG

This is from The PolishAholic:

Zoya Storm vs A England Bridal Veil vs Butter London The Black Knight vs Girly Bits Into the Night

They all have more glitter than My Ex's Heart, but still look pretty close to me!
I'd add Nails Inc's Disco Lane to this group too.

ETA image (not mine, it is from Haus of Polish, http://hausofpolish.wordpress.com)

I thought of that but Breezi appears to be much lighter. It's possible that mixing Breezi with Zoya's Natty would yield the same results as Bondi's West Point Waters.

I just went through my swatches and came up with these. I bolded the ones where I have the BNY in front of me and am looking at BNY and dupe swatches side by side (these are the ones I'm confident about), the others are more speculation because I'm going by BNY's color drops online and looking at my swatches in person (obviously). Sorry there's so many SOPIs, most of which aren't available anymore. I hit up the clearance more than a couple times... 

Bluesy Brunch - SOPI Havana Dreams looks closest, also Essie Mint Candy Apple

Botanical Beauty - Color Club Pardon My French?

Brick Road - Julep Lexie?

Central Park Blossom - maybe Julep Emmanuelle?

Fuschia-istic - Julep Raegan is just a hair different, SOPI It's All About Me is almost exact

Holly Berry - Orly Bus Stop Crimson

In the Buff - Julep Florence

Kiss Me Under The... - Julep Emilie and SOPI I Come in Peas

Lady Liberty - China Glaze for Audrey and Ulta's Mint Condition are close, Julep's Denver is a little brighter (though I don't think any of these are quite the same, LL is maybe my all time favorite of any brand ever...)

Like a Lady - Maybelline Express Bubble Pink (I've had this forever & it was marked LE so this might not be much help)

Mauve'n On Up - Maybelline Express Pink Sophistication (same deal as Bubble Pink above)

My Ex's Heart - Nails inc Disco Lane

On the Rocks - China Glaze Re-fresh Mint

Police Box - Nails Inc Baker Street (I think this one may be pretty dead on)

Starry Night - Julep Lacey?

Strawberry Fields - Nailtini Mai Tai is the closest I've seen but it's not a dupe it's more orange and not as dusty

Teal Magnolia - LVX Viridian (these are pretty much indistinguishable in person)

Top of the Rock - SOPI Frankly I Don't A-dam

Twerkuoise - SOPI Slushied? (I think this one actually falls between Twerkuoise and West Point Waters)

Hope this helps someone! 

So, anyone have ideas for Horny Mistress? I have a bunch of reds and none of them are even close to being dupes, and that's my go-to pedi color!

Quote: Originally Posted by AgathaLaupin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So, anyone have ideas for Horny Mistress? I have a bunch of reds and none of them are even close to being dupes, and that's my go-to pedi color!

Oddly enough, I find that Sinful Color, Ruby Ruby works well. Not 100% exact but when it dries it looks really close. Anyhoo, I don't have any swatches but here is a website that does a swatch and review: http://icynails.blogspot.com/2011/10/swatchity-swatch-sinful-colors-ruby.html.

While her review was not all favorable, I have had no problems using the color. Base coat, two passes with Ruby Ruby and a top coat. I will admit that I am also somewhat heavy handed when I polish so that may be why I don't experience the opaque issues she had.

If you find something closer post it. While I continue to use my Bondi polishes, when they run out it will be good to have a dupe for this one.

Quote: Originally Posted by TheSilverNail /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I loved Ruby Ruby.

yup, thats her! she is a beauty. @TheSilverNail thanks for posting!

Quote: Originally Posted by DeSha /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oddly enough, I find that Sinful Color, Ruby Ruby works well. Not 100% exact but when it dries it looks really close. Anyhoo, I don't have any swatches but here is a website that does a swatch and review: http://icynails.blogspot.com/2011/10/swatchity-swatch-sinful-colors-ruby.html.

While her review was not all favorable, I have had no problems using the color. Base coat, two passes with Ruby Ruby and a top coat. I will admit that I am also somewhat heavy handed when I polish so that may be why I don't experience the opaque issues she had.

If you find something closer post it. While I continue to use my Bondi polishes, when they run out it will be good to have a dupe for this one.
Thanks! I'll have to check that out. That's a brand that's 100% off my radar although I *think* they might carry them at my Target. I'll look for this one next time I'm there for sure. Like you, I'm using up what I have on hand but trying to figure out future replacements.

Thanks! I'll have to check that out. That's a brand that's 100% off my radar although I *think* they might carry them at my Target. I'll look for this one next time I'm there for sure. Like you, I'm using up what I have on hand but trying to figure out future replacements.
I don't know about that specific color, but I know Walgreens carries Sinful Colors as well if you have one nearby - I just picked up a few on sale last week for $0.99 each. I've seen them at my local Walmart on occasion as well.

This was bothering me last night and Butter's Pillar Box Red looks pretty darn close when you put the bottles side by side. I think I might have to put both on when I swap out colors tonight to see how close they really are.

Quote: Originally Posted by DragonChick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This was bothering me last night and Butter's Pillar Box Red looks pretty darn close when you put the bottles side by side. I think I might have to put both on when I swap out colors tonight to see how close they really are.
Oh, that would be ah-mazing if you could do that little comparison! 
biggrin.gif

Now that you mention it I remember taking Pillar Box out of my cart before placing an order because I decided they might be too similar. I had forgotten all about it! Thank you!

Oh, that would be ah-mazing if you could do that little comparison! 
biggrin.gif

Now that you mention it I remember taking Pillar Box out of my cart before placing an order because I decided they might be too similar. I had forgotten all about it! Thank you!

Okay, as promised a comparison. On the pinky is Chanel's Dragon, ring finger is BL's Pillar Box Red, middle finger is Horny Mistress and index finger is Zoya's Rekha. At one point I almost forgot which shade I put on which finger they are that close. Pay no attention to the lack of cleanup in the pic - this was two coats, no topcoat, as it was a quick swatch comparison and my cuticles are also trashed from the weather changing.

Pillar Box Red looks a shade lighter in the picture, but under normal lighting, it's exactly the same as HM. Rekha leaned a shade darker in some of the pics I took depending on the lighting. But again, under normal light looking at it, it was identical. Dragon was a bit darker overall, but I think PBR and Rekha are close enough to be called identical to Horny Mistress. I wouldn't have even considered Rekha, but it was in one of the Zoya Spirit trios I received yesterday. It was originally going to go into one of the Secret Santa swaps I'm participating in, but I'm keeping it now since it's a nice dupe.

Okay, as promised a comparison. On the pinky is Chanel's Dragon, ring finger is BL's Pillar Box Red, middle finger is Horny Mistress and index finger is Zoya's Rekha. At one point I almost forgot which shade I put on which finger they are that close. Pay no attention to the lack of cleanup in the pic - this was two coats, no topcoat, as it was a quick swatch comparison and my cuticles are also trashed from the weather changing.

Pillar Box Red looks a shade lighter in the picture, but under normal lighting, it's exactly the same as HM. Rekha leaned a shade darker in some of the pics I took depending on the lighting. But again, under normal light looking at it, it was identical. Dragon was a bit darker overall, but I think PBR and Rekha are close enough to be called identical to Horny Mistress. I wouldn't have even considered Rekha, but it was in one of the Zoya Spirit trios I received yesterday. It was originally going to go into one of the Secret Santa swaps I'm participating in, but I'm keeping it now since it's a nice dupe.
Thanks for sharing this! I also just got Rekha in a Spirit trio and was wondering if it was anywhere close to Horny Mistress, so I'm very happy to hear that it's pretty close.

This is awesome, thank you so much!!!

I just went through my swatches and came up with these. I bolded the ones where I have the BNY in front of me and am looking at BNY and dupe swatches side by side (these are the ones I'm confident about), the others are more speculation because I'm going by BNY's color drops online and looking at my swatches in person (obviously). Sorry there's so many SOPIs, most of which aren't available anymore. I hit up the clearance more than a couple times... 

Fuschia-istic - Julep Raegan is just a hair different, SOPI It's All About Me is almost exact

Lady Liberty - China Glaze for Audrey and Ulta's Mint Condition are close, Julep's Denver is a little brighter (though I don't think any of these are quite the same, LL is maybe my all time favorite of any brand ever...)

Strawberry Fields - Nailtini Mai Tai is the closest I've seen but it's not a dupe it's more orange and not as dusty

Teal Magnolia - LVX Viridian (these are pretty much indistinguishable in person)

Hope this helps someone! 
Here are some pics to go with my previous post:

And for good measure, Chasing the Sun vs. Ginger & Liz - Keep Me Interested

Central Park Blossom - maybe Julep Emmanuelle?

Hope this helps someone! 
I have Central Park Blossom and Julep Emmanuelle and they aren't dupes.  Emmanuelle is a lot sheerer and comes out much pinker. 
Still trying to find a dupe for it. 

Finally got and swatched Zoya's Tori.  I LOVE it and think it's very, very close to the picture of Glitz 'n Glam.

Back