Dupes for Bondi polish colors?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Colouratura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I have Central Park Blossom and Julep Emmanuelle and they aren't dupes.  Emmanuelle is a lot sheerer and comes out much pinker. 
Still trying to find a dupe for it. 
Welp, I'll have to go scratch this one off the list! Thanks for the info! 
smile.gif

I may have found another close shade for On the Rocks, the light gray-green.  Spanish Moss from Revlon.

http://www.thedailyvarnish.com/2012/07/31/revlon-colorstay-spanish-moss/

Spanish Moss does have a very faint silver shimmer, which I like, and it might be a hair darker than OTR.  I could pour out just a bit and add some white polish and I bet it would be very, very close.

EDIT:  I think Cult Nails' Grunge, shown a few pages back, is better than Spanish Moss, after swatching it.

And for In the Buff, how about Zoya's Flynn?  I'm usually not big on nude or beige or camel shades but I love Flynn.

OK, I think I've found the dupe I'm going to buy for Glitz N Glam.  Drumroll please.... China Glaze Raspberry Fields!  I actually found it when looking at online swatches of Zoya's Tori -  this blogger actually compared the two!  Yay her!  Credit for the photo to the Make It Colorful blog!

Zoya Tori on her Index & Middle fingers, CG Raspberry Fields on Ring & Pinkie!

If you look just at the bottles, I'd never guess it as a dupe, it looks a lot "hotter", but seeing it on her nails totally sold me!  It definitely has that raspberry base, instead of a cherry red.  And there is PINK glitter in the polish!  It's part of their collection from 2009, so I'm buying a bottle off of Amazon, but still! Yay! 

Quote: Originally Posted by TheSilverNail /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Just picked up a new Sinful Colors shade I think might be a dupe for West Point Waters.  It's called Ocean Side.  Some bloggers have swatches here:

http://glamonthecheap.blogspot.com/2012/07/notd-new-sinful-colors-shade-ocean-side.html  and

http://cottonnacetone.blogspot.com/2012/08/first-post-sinful-colors-ocean-side-and.html

What do you think?  Looks close enough for me!   One blogger even says it's a one-coater.

Hmm...the second one looks close but the first one where she's taking the pics outside look a lot brighter than I was imagining for West Point Waters. But it's entirely possible that my screen is just wonky too!

Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  OK, I think I've found the dupe I'm going to buy for Glitz N Glam.  Drumroll please.... China Glaze Raspberry Fields!  I actually found it when looking at online swatches of Zoya's Tori -  this blogger actually compared the two!  Yay her!  Credit for the photo to the Make It Colorful blog!

Zoya Tori on her Index & Middle fingers, CG Raspberry Fields on Ring & Pinkie!

If you look just at the bottles, I'd never guess it as a dupe, it looks a lot "hotter", but seeing it on her nails totally sold me!  It definitely has that raspberry base, instead of a cherry red.  And there is PINK glitter in the polish!  It's part of their collection from 2009, so I'm buying a bottle off of Amazon, but still! Yay! 

Oh yeah, I can definitely see why you were thinking Tori was too dark, if the raspberry shade was what you were looking for! Yay for awesome bloggers, all reading our minds and stuff! 
biggrin.gif

Hahaha yes exactly! It was that combo of raspberry base and pink glitter that sold me on Glitz n Glam in the first place, and I think Tori has silver glitter. I saw the pic of her nails in my google image search and was like wait.... That's it! The color on her pinkie! IT WILL BE MINE!

Oh also has anyone seen swatches of Color Club's Baldwin Blues from Birchboxes this month? I think it could be a dup for West Point Waters!

Yet another post from me.  Zoya's Alegra looks close to Glitz n Glam, and may be more raspberry and less silver than Tori.  Here's Alegra:

Has anyone found a dupe of The 7 Train yet?  I think I've found close enough dupes for all the colors I ordered in my Sept/Oct boxes except that one.  Thanks!!

P.S.  Maybe Orly's High on Hope??  http://www.vampyvarnish.com/2013/04/orly-hope-freedom-fest-collection-spring-2013-swatches-review
I have High on Hope, and I'm looking at my swatch right now compared to Bondi's pictures. High on Hope seems to have a much bluer base than I think 7 train is supposed to have - I see more purple when I look at it on my screen. 

This looks like a useful blog post I found when searching for "purple dark shimmer polish" http://www.phyrra.net/2013/07/makeup-wars-favorite-purple-nail-polish.html Maybe Cult Nails flushed, or a couple of other polishes on that post?

Thanks for the feedback.  I have and LOVE Belinda and think it's probably the closest I have to pictures of The 7 Train, although I wondered if T7T was going to be more of a foil than a shimmer.

I'm also thinking Zoya's Mimi (purple sparkle) over a dark blue such as Ibiza might work.

ok, so I was looking for the pics from bondi's page to compare for dupes (since someone mentioned baldwin blues could be a due for west point waters & I might be able to swap for that one..)  anyway, when I googled bondi west point waters, it found me the polish page for it, but when I clicked on it- I got an error/not found msg. So I just clicked on the link to the fall/winter '13 on the top of the page and that brought me to all the fall/winter polishes, but some of the names have changed! Has anyone else noticed that??

http://www.bondinewyork.com/collections/fall-winter-2013

Names for girl on top are now Later hater? the 7 train is Drama is my Name, the greysish one (on the rocks? ) is now It's only polish, and west point waters is Throwin' shade. I dont see cuff me anywhere at all (never mind, it's on the Ltd Edition page) and was there a polish before called "dont feed the trolls?" (I dont remember that one..)  Weird.  I liked the original names better (but since the polish prbly doesnt even exist anyway- it doesnt really matter what its called...)

anyway, here's Blues vs Waters (or throwin' shade, or whatever its called now...)

pictures from the blog "that winsome girl"

ETA- just googled "Throwin' shade"- apparently it means to "to talk trash about a friend or aquaintance, to publicly denounce or disrespect". Well, I certainly sense a "theme" with the new names. 
icon_rolleyes.gif
  Keep it Klassy Bondi.

Yes, Richard has changed the names of most of the fall/winter line. I guess he thinks it wrong that people talk about him and Bondi in a negative light.

Quote: Originally Posted by luckyme502 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, Richard has changed the names of most of the fall/winter line. I guess he thinks it wrong that people talk about him and Bondi in a negative light.

Yes, I can totes see how that would be wrong to talk about them in a negative light, but it's totally fine to send refunds that bounce on people, drag it out out the 45 day pp deadline and force people to get their own banks & credit cards to foot the refund bills for them.  yessssssssss, that's perfectly A-Ok. 
plain.gif
Makes total sense.  </sarcasm font>

well, anyhoo, so now I can't decide if Baldwin blues or opi's Ski Teal We Drop (that zadidoll posted awhile back) is a better dupe for west point waters....

Quote: Originally Posted by luckyme502 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not only that, but what irks me the most is that some of the renamed colors were part of that "name the color" contest on FB a while ago.

I definitely need to get off my duff and look for dupes since I'm less and less enamored with the Bondi bottles taking up space in my Helmer, and this is another nail in the coffin.

Hey, looky here:  http://www.thepolishaholic.com/2013/11/i-love-nail-polish-new-shade-swatches.html

Contraband may be the dupe of The 7 Train (now renamed some douchecanoe thing) that I wanted!!
That's awesome! I'm not much into dark purples, so I won't be picking up Contraband/any other dupes, but some of those other ILNP colrs are definitely tempting...

Back