Easystraight will destroy your hair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If i was to get my hair straightened PERMANENTLY i honestly wouldnt try it DIY at home style. Much prefer to spend the money in the hairdressers with the professionals.. Whatever about dying your hair etc.. but never something so severe as straightened

Hey everyone...I just found this website while searching for reviews on EasyStraight...I just used it tonight and am not totally upset about it. My hair is softer and less frizzy then it would normally be with me just letting it air dry' date=' but it is not straight like I was expecting, it's still wavy. I actually think I maybe didn't leave it on long enough...maybe I misdiagnosed my hair.I see most of you saying that it messed up your hair and now I'm worried that it might do the same to me later on....when you all used it was it bad right away or was it nice at first? I'm so sorry that none of you have good experiences with it, it would have been nice to have straight hair for $30 though huh?
icon_wink.gif
[

/QUOTE']

I can't speak for everone but I think most of us noticed damage immedietly, I let mine air dry after using easystraight and right away I could see where my hair was burned and breaking off. I think if I were you I would just make sure I kept my hair conditioned and be gentle with it for awhile. I think you are OK though if the only problem is that your hair is still wavy but otherwise soft, I really don't think I would try the easystraight again though, that seems to be one of the big problems, you just can't be sure about the timing with this stuff. It may cost a lot but believe me having your hair straightened by a professional is a much better (and safer) idea. I only wish I could go back in time and know what I do now about easystraight, I would have turned away and left it on the store shelf, I have probably spent more on conditioners and an emergency salon trip since I used it, then what I would have had to pay to have had my hair straightened in a salon by a pro. I reeeeeeally miss my hair the way it was before easystraight
icon_sad.gif

Well this weekend would be my one month anniversary for using EasyStraight. Last week I used a jojoba oil treatment. I happened to remember that I had a bottle (I make all natural home made soaps) and well......... it did not help, at least it did not help my hair. I continue to get up each morning and run my fingers though my "lovely"
icon_rolleyes.gif
hair only still to find many many strands between my fingers. It just so happens that I have a lot of hair, mine is red, very thick, and course curly (naturally I mean), so had I not had a lot of hair seriously at the rate it is falling out I would be bald by now. I have 4 weeks of growth popping though now, it too looks very lovely
icon_rolleyes.gif
. But at this point I guess I just should be grateful it is growing back. I just truly wish that it would stop falling out. I have hair everywhere in my house. I cleaned out the lint trap in my dryer the other day - it was full of my hair........showing that it is all over my clothes when they are washed. We don't even want to talk about my vacuum cleaner! Oh joy.

It is good to hear that some people have had good luck with it - but I would never, never recommend it to anyone to use.

Well still wishing everyone good luck, and thankfully there is a forum here for us to vent. Thanks for listening!
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by juliebark I had great results. I spent $300 last summer because my hair is crazy when the humidity kicks in. I was nervous because of some of these posts, but I tried it anyway because of the price. After reading the directions it seemed the important part was diagnosing my hair. I called the help line and they were great. I feel bad for the people who had a bad experience, but mine was very good, worth every penny and more.
icon_lol.gif
Hi Julie. Thank God someone had successful results. Please keep in contact- we want to make SURE your hair is still okay in about 1 month . This will be a good test. Thanks for posting!
ffbanner7.jpg

Originally Posted by Rouge047 Well this weekend would be my one month anniversary for using EasyStraight. Last week I used a jojoba oil treatment. I happened to remember that I had a bottle (I make all natural home made soaps) and well......... it did not help, at least it did not help my hair. I continue to get up each morning and run my fingers though my "lovely"
icon_rolleyes.gif
hair only still to find many many strands between my fingers. It just so happens that I have a lot of hair, mine is red, very thick, and course curly (naturally I mean), so had I not had a lot of hair seriously at the rate it is falling out I would be bald by now. I have 4 weeks of growth popping though now, it too looks very lovely
icon_rolleyes.gif
. But at this point I guess I just should be grateful it is growing back. I just truly wish that it would stop falling out. I have hair everywhere in my house. I cleaned out the lint trap in my dryer the other day - it was full of my hair........showing that it is all over my clothes when they are washed. We don't even want to talk about my vacuum cleaner! Oh joy.
It is good to hear that some people have had good luck with it - but I would never, never recommend it to anyone to use.

Well still wishing everyone good luck, and thankfully there is a forum here for us to vent. Thanks for listening!
icon_smile.gif

Hi Rouge,Have you checked into the class action law suits as posted on this thread? Thank you for your post. I am sorry for you. Hugs (and due revenge too while we're at it!)

ddmutbanner1.gif

I did send an email to the email address that was posted on the thread and got the same response everyone else has mentioned. Although I have not sent my case information. Has anyone else done so and has there been any progess in the suit that anyone knows of. Thanks for caring Cali! Rouge

Originally Posted by Rouge047 I did send an email to the email address that was posted on the thread and got the same response everyone else has mentioned. Although I have not sent my case information. Has anyone else done so and has there been any progess in the suit that anyone knows of.
Thanks for caring Cali!

Rouge

I went ahead and sent them an e-mail describing what happened when I used the easystraight and what my hair is like now (trashed), I also sent some pictures to them, that was last week and I hadn't heard anything so called this morning and spoke to a gentleman named Jesse Schwartz, he is the one that I also received an e-mail from (probably the same one you got). He said that they were going to be sending out information by e-mail and possibly also by snail mail. I haven't recieved anything by e-mail yet but I will let you know when I do. I just hope that they can get somewhere with this, at the very least make the company put warnings on the package and quit with the "It's easy and safe and good for your hair" stuff that they have on the box now. Hang in there
smile.gif

I just wanted to mention that I did check with a hairdresser relative of mine & she said to definitely NOT use anything over the counter to color your hair after it's been damaged by EasyStraight. She recommends Shades EQ. She's going to do my hair next week - color, gloss & cut & also recommend some products for me to use. I've been using Queen Helene "Cholesterol" and she said that's a great thing for me to use right now, since my hair needs moisture. She recommends moisture treatments over protein treatments. My hair underneath looks pretty good now, it's the top layer that is completely fried. Of course it's all different lengths at the ends! I've also been using olive oil (in the shampoo/conditioner aisle, there's other oils mixed in with it) and that has really helped.

I sent an email detailing my experience with EasyStraight & pictures to the law firm and mentioned that we all would like to know what's going on with the lawsuit, but I haven't heard anything from them. I don't know if I should email EasyStraight or not. I'd like them to refund the money I have spent and will be spending but if I do this, I think it will void my participation in the lawsuit. Has anyone heard from the law firm?

Dear Eve I am so sorry to hear about your nightmare, I see this type of damage on a daily basis. To be honest with you hun, you can never fix damaged hair. You can only take very very good care of it until if grows out and just get little by little cut off at a time. As far as products are concern I would look for products with human kertein in them. This is the main protein in your hair and you need as much of it as possible. Tons of professional products have it, but my favorite in Joico's K-Pak Line, Biolage also has this and Nioxin does as well. Now about your wig trouble, as long as you don't wear it all day everyday, it will not hurt your hair. But the best ones to get are the ones with the mesh lining. i would also look into taking supplements for your hair as well, Biotin is great, and Nioxin also makes a supplement but it is pricey. Just try not to add to much stress to your hair. Oh yeah and your redken that you are using it great for damaged hair but not for your hair, it has to many protein's that just coat the hair instead of going into the hair a rebuilding the it. Again I am sorry to hear of your nightmare, but keep us in touch on how things are going. Tiffany

Originally Posted by Geve34 Ok, it has been 5 weeks since the hair nightmare in a box. The bends are now growing out a little over 1/2 inch from my scalp. They are still breaking off like crazy. I got my hair cut two weeks ago and you could never tell it. The ends are so fried it is not funny. Saturday is my birthday and I just want to stay home and hide. My hair looks so bad I may go buy a wig, seriously. I am using the Redkin Extreme line of hair repair products, protien occassionaly and tons of moisture and moisture treatments. The hair feels silkier and has more body but still looks like crap. I guess I will have to cut it all off and let new grow in to get my old hair back again. If I cut it really short and wear a wig will the wig hurt my hair or stunt the growth? I am looking at the kind that the scalp is mostly thin mesh with a band around the hair line. I am overweight and refuse to go with super short hair, just do not like the way I look at all with it that short. HELP!!! I really want to make these people use their own product, in fact I volunteer to put it on them! Evelyn, nearly Hairless in Houston....

Hey Eve where do ou live? Do you have tons of humidity? Nioxin has styling products that are humidity resistant, you should try them out.

Originally Posted by Geve34 I am using the Redken by suggestion of a salon... great. I was using Nioxin but ran out. I guess I will be going to get more Nioxin. Thanks for your comments and help. I am seriously thinking of cutting it short and wearing a wig to work (mesh lined) until it grows out. I spend a lot of time to get it looking ok and then as soon as I get to work 1 hour later it is frizzing so bad on the ends I look like I put my finger in a light socket. People are starting to ask, what happened to your hair, or what did I do to my hair... :-( I know it has to grow out, I just hope it does it FAST!!! Evelyn

Hi Eve, Can I be there when you use the easystraight on the easystraight people? I bet we could sell tickets, maybe even do a pay-perview deal LOL. My hair is looking a little bit better since my own nightmare with this stuff began on May 1st. as Smartstyle mentioned, basically once hair is damaged that is pretty much it, it is possible to mask some of the damage though, my hair was midway down my back before I used easystraight and I did have about 3 inches cut off afterwards, it definetly takes more time to get it to look good now but it is possible, I don't know how bad your hair was damaged so what works for me might not work for you, but mine was fried pretty bad and I am just very determined not to cut anymore off (except trims). Smartstyle mentioned K-Pak products and Biolage which are 2 that I have been using and they really do work well, I use the Biolage conditioning balm, it cost about $22.00 for a jar but even with my thick hair it lasted me almost 2 months. I hope you can find something that works well for you and cheer up Eve, I promice it well get better, just hang in there and continue to be gentle with your hair and keep it conditioned. You don't have to feel alone either, you are not the only one this has happened to, the Makeuptalk boards have been a God send for me. Take care.

Originally Posted by Harleymom10860 Hi Eve,
Can I be there when you use the easystraight on the easystraight people? I bet we could sell tickets, maybe even do a pay-perview deal LOL. My hair is looking a little bit better since my own nightmare with this stuff began on May 1st. as Smartstyle mentioned, basically once hair is damaged that is pretty much it, it is possible to mask some of the damage though, my hair was midway down my back before I used easystraight and I did have about 3 inches cut off afterwards, it definetly takes more time to get it to look good now but it is possible, I don't know how bad your hair was damaged so what works for me might not work for you, but mine was fried pretty bad and I am just very determined not to cut anymore off (except trims). Smartstyle mentioned K-Pak products and Biolage which are 2 that I have been using and they really do work well, I use the Biolage conditioning balm, it cost about $22.00 for a jar but even with my thick hair it lasted me almost 2 months. I hope you can find something that works well for you and cheer up Eve, I promice it well get better, just hang in there and continue to be gentle with your hair and keep it conditioned. You don't have to feel alone either, you are not the only one this has happened to, the Makeuptalk boards have been a God send for me. Take care.

Yes to Harley! Absolutely. And don't forget to check out my lovely post below.
Hello everyone,

Allow me to introduce myself. I am Pablo Munoz, brother to hair terror expert, Haime Munoz. I have taken it upon myself to redesign my brother's EasyStraight box to more carefully reflect the delicacy of it's properties. But before you view my new work, I must beg of you to listen.

Please do not sue my brother, Haime. He has always been the family underdog. Ever since we were 5 years old, Haime has been jealous of my long hair. You see, my lover, Francois, used to be Haime's lover. When Haime cut his own hair, Francois came to me and admired my long hair. One thing let to another and now... well.. Francois are I are lovers living in exile. Haime has a multitude of personality disorders and other problems that I cannot go into here (forgive me mi madre, hay!)

Long story short, Haime has taken our family fortune and turned it into a terrorist hair empire in order to get back at being spurned by Francois. He has avowed to seek revenge on every woman in the states until he gets his lover back. I am so sorry. We tried to encourage Haime to take his meds, but he is angry at the world and refuses to take responsibility for anything unless Francois returns to him again.

Please forgive my brother, Haime Munoz, as he is no longer with us in mind.

Sincerely,

Pablo Munoz (in hiding)

Remember: "Don't hate us because we're beautiful."

Here is my new box design:

EasyStraightAd.jpg

<!-- / message -->

Hi Guys!

I wish I had seen this website before I bought EasyStraight.... now I too, am another casualty of fried hair. =0(

I used the stuff about 5 days ago.... Watched the online video 2x, read the instructions first.... seemed simple enough - I should've known something was wrong from the get-go during the first 5 minutes of having this stuff on my head when I could've sworn that the once white cream was now looking rather RED! I have medium-dark brown hair (with some natural red undertones) I sometimes have to dye it back to dark brown after it always lightens up to this reddish color... (I'm 24, with no greys yet - but the reddish color is horrible!) Anyway... according to the box and site, this stuff wasn't supposed to do anything to alter your color. But it did lighten mine - I would guess about 2-3 shades! (Now it's back to that nasty reddish-orange) and everything from the ears down (my hair is about mid-back length) is totally frizzed out and fried beyond belief. My hair was wavy before, but healthy and shiny. I got this stuff because I figured it would save me some time in the morning before work blow-drying and would help out alot during the summer and humid weather. Now I would gladly take back that 30 min. of blowdry time straightening just to have my healthy hair back. It's like a broom now.... total straw sticks. I haven't really noticed any abnormal hair loss (YET) - and have been doing some deep conditioning... I used to be a hairdresser, and a friend I used to work with recommended that I use the Paul Mitchell Hair Repair. - I picked it up today w/ her... so I'll let you know how much it helps. If at all. I've been just throwing on whatever conditioner I have - hopefully something will help. I don't even remember my hair being this fried when i used to have it permed - about 10 years ago. But this stuff is something that I would NEVER use again! Yeah, it's straighter... but some parts are so stick straight that it makes my haircut look choppy. I have some long layers just at the bottom, and angles around my face. Now if I try to use a round brush to make the angles 'wisp' toward my face... an hour later I'm left with sticks again. maybe I shouldn't have put this on my ends at all. Who knows. But, I know what everyone on here is going through, trust me. I too emailed that law firm after seeing a post about them earlier. And I also emailed the customer support at EasyStraight about my problems. Maybe at least they'll send my money back - I don't think Walgreens will give a refund if I used the product and opened the box

Oh well... guess I better go condition again!!! (UGH)

Good luck everyone... and keep posting updates!

smile.gif

Hi Angel,

I am so sorry that you have become another easystraight victim, I too wish I had done some checking on the net before I used this garbage. I used it 2 months ago and it just fried my hair. Since you used to be a hairdresser you probably have a good idea on how to care for your hair to prevent further damage, lots of TLC and conditioning. I was able to get a full refund from the Walgreens where I purchased it, so you could give that a try, I know the ladies in the cosmetic department there so they were all very sweet. A lot of us had a problem getting through to the easystraight people, I finally spoke to a woman named Randy a couple of weeks ago and she told me that they were trying to revamp the customer service dept. so maybe you will have an easier time getting through than some of us did early on. One thing you need to know is that there is a woman who tested easystraight for the magazine she works for which is Glamourgirl, her hair was destroyed and she has been in touch with a law firm to start a class action lawsuit against the makers of easystraight, be sure to take pictures of your hair and keep all receits for products you have had to purchase because of easystraight. I have listed a link to the story on Sarah Hooper below and also the letter that the law firm that is representing her sent out. Good luck too you and check back here on Makeuptalk often, there are a lot of us here who have expierenced what you are going through so we are here for you.

ATTENTION ANY AND ALL USERS OF EASY STRAIGHT HAIR STRAIGHTENING SYSTEM:

You may be eligible to participate in a class action law suit against the maker of Easy Straight hair straightener.

This firm represents a client who used Easy Straight on her then healthy hair. She alleges that product severely damaged her hair.

We have information which leads us to believe that there are many, many other women who have had similar experiences with Easy Straight. Rest assured that your injuries are not without recourse. This firm is currently in the process of putting together a class action against Easy Straight and it's maker. In many situations, dangerously designed and manufactured products injure consumers, but due to the limited nature of their injuries these consumers do not find it economical or efficient to sue individually. A class action is a mechanism whereby a large number of injured parties may sue for common injuries and obtain a recovery for their injuries and loss, at very little or no up-front cost to the individuals.

If you have been damaged or injured as a result of the use of Easy Straight Hair Straightening System and are interested in participating in a class action lawsuit, please contact this firm, as listed below:

SHAFRAN & MOSLEY, P.C.

350 Fifth Avenue, Suite 2310

Empire State Building

New York, New York 10018

Phone: (212) 631-7000

Fax
frown.gif
212) 239-6900

Or by email at [email protected]

iWon - Page Six

Welcome NYAngel! How are you? Glad you found us. Welcome from the programming dept of MakeupTalk.
icon_cool.gif

Why don't you introduce yourself in the regular general chit/chat forum here. Everyone will welcome you formally!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98

Hi Guys!I wish I had seen this website before I bought EasyStraight.... now I too, am another casualty of fried hair. =0(

I used the stuff about 5 days ago.... Watched the online video 2x, read the instructions first.... seemed simple enough - I should've known something was wrong from the get-go during the first 5 minutes of having this stuff on my head when I could've sworn that the once white cream was now looking rather RED! I have medium-dark brown hair (with some natural red undertones) I sometimes have to dye it back to dark brown after it always lightens up to this reddish color... (I'm 24, with no greys yet - but the reddish color is horrible!) Anyway... according to the box and site, this stuff wasn't supposed to do anything to alter your color. But it did lighten mine - I would guess about 2-3 shades! (Now it's back to that nasty reddish-orange) and everything from the ears down (my hair is about mid-back length) is totally frizzed out and fried beyond belief. My hair was wavy before, but healthy and shiny. I got this stuff because I figured it would save me some time in the morning before work blow-drying and would help out alot during the summer and humid weather. Now I would gladly take back that 30 min. of blowdry time straightening just to have my healthy hair back. It's like a broom now.... total straw sticks. I haven't really noticed any abnormal hair loss (YET) - and have been doing some deep conditioning... I used to be a hairdresser, and a friend I used to work with recommended that I use the Paul Mitchell Hair Repair. - I picked it up today w/ her... so I'll let you know how much it helps. If at all. I've been just throwing on whatever conditioner I have - hopefully something will help. I don't even remember my hair being this fried when i used to have it permed - about 10 years ago. But this stuff is something that I would NEVER use again! Yeah, it's straighter... but some parts are so stick straight that it makes my haircut look choppy. I have some long layers just at the bottom, and angles around my face. Now if I try to use a round brush to make the angles 'wisp' toward my face... an hour later I'm left with sticks again. maybe I shouldn't have put this on my ends at all. Who knows. But, I know what everyone on here is going through, trust me. I too emailed that law firm after seeing a post about them earlier. And I also emailed the customer support at EasyStraight about my problems. Maybe at least they'll send my money back - I don't think Walgreens will give a refund if I used the product and opened the box

Oh well... guess I better go condition again!!! (UGH)

Good luck everyone... and keep posting updates!

smile.gif

First off happy 4th everyone!

Well I made my 4th trip to Sally's yesterday and was in there what seemed to be hours looking at all the products that may just help my hair. I decided upon

L'oreal Natures therapy - I bought 3 things -Mega Repair (for weakened hair suffering from protein loss and prone to breakage) Mega Moisture (for very dry chemically processed hair) and Heat Control (protects against heat damage generated by styling appliances). I had a friend cut another inch off my hair then used all three products last night. My hair actually feels lots better today! Let's pray it's not a fluke.

It is still coming out mind you, but that seems to be better also. I hope that I am not speaking too soon, but you gals may want to give it a try. It really seems to be great stuff. I even went through a drive through to get me something to eat today, and the guy (or 20 yrs old or so)told me (47 yrs old) I looked awesome! Either he says that to all the girls or wanted a tip
icon_wink.gif
. Oh if he only knew what we were all going though.

NY, I went to Walgreens and told them what happened, not meaning to get my money back and they insisted, so they should refund your $30, no problem. Now if only the EasyStraight people had the ....
icon_redface.gif
.... to fess up and see what their product is doing and compensate each of us for AT LEAST
icon_exclaim.gif
icon_exclaim.gif
icon_exclaim.gif
icon_exclaim.gif
our out of pocket money to try and correct the damage to our hair.

Oh by the way I was in Walgreens yesterday and EasyStraight was nowhere to be found - lets just hope they were just out of it!

Well continue good luck ladies and try the L'oreal products, hopefully they will continue to work for me and will for you too!

Blessings, Rouge

Hi Rouge,

Happy 4th. to you and thanks for sharing your list of products you've had success with, I think all of us easystraight ladies have been on a desperate quest for a miracle. My hair is looking a bit better too but it sure hasn't been easy. I just started using K-Pak and also Bed Head "Control freak" for frizzy hair, I like the K-Pak but not sure about the Bed Head yet, I know one thing, this stuff sure isn't cheap, Biolage conditioning balm has been great too. I am planning a trip to Sally on Tuesday, they have just moved into a brand new, much larger store so I will be sure to look for the items you mentioned. By the way, I'm 43 and it does do a girl good to be flirted with every once in a while doesn't it?
icon_biggrin.gif

Hi and WELCOME to MakeupTalk!

Originally Posted by Rouge047

First off happy 4th everyone!
Well I made my 4th trip to Sally's yesterday and was in there what seemed to be hours looking at all the products that may just help my hair. I decided upon

L'oreal Natures therapy - I bought 3 things -Mega Repair (for weakened hair suffering from protein loss and prone to breakage) Mega Moisture (for very dry chemically processed hair) and Heat Control (protects against heat damage generated by styling appliances). I had a friend cut another inch off my hair then used all three products last night. My hair actually feels lots better today! Let's pray it's not a fluke.

It is still coming out mind you, but that seems to be better also. I hope that I am not speaking too soon, but you gals may want to give it a try. It really seems to be great stuff. I even went through a drive through to get me something to eat today, and the guy (or 20 yrs old or so)told me (47 yrs old) I looked awesome! Either he says that to all the girls or wanted a tip
icon_wink.gif
. Oh if he only knew what we were all going though.

NY, I went to Walgreens and told them what happened, not meaning to get my money back and they insisted, so they should refund your $30, no problem. Now if only the EasyStraight people had the ....
icon_redface.gif
.... to fess up and see what their product is doing and compensate each of us for AT LEAST
icon_exclaim.gif
icon_exclaim.gif
icon_exclaim.gif
icon_exclaim.gif
our out of pocket money to try and correct the damage to our hair.

Oh by the way I was in Walgreens yesterday and EasyStraight was nowhere to be found - lets just hope they were just out of it!

Well continue good luck ladies and try the L'oreal products, hopefully they will continue to work for me and will for you too!

Blessings, Rouge

In response to Harley's flirting comment:It sure as hell does, Harleymom. LOL! Big time. It does a world of good!

In reponse to Rouge: I am really happy to hear about Rouge's good news. That L'Oreal Mega Moisture conditioner works wonders. If anyone is interested in trying it, here is what it looks like:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=430 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=430 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD vAlign=top width=430>http://javascripthttp://store7.yimg.com/I/yhst-54356107628685_1797_8810198
trans_1x1.gif
http://store7.yimg.com/I/yhst-54356107628685_1797_8821714

For very dry, chemically processed hair. An exclusive salon product. Softens, nurtures, and moisturizes. Rich cocktail of natural oil, moisturizers, silicone derivative and humectants for deep, intense moisturizing. Softens, nurtures and brings smoothness, detangling ease and flexibility. Rich emollients tame unruly hair & improve manageability. Adds superb shine. For professional use only.

Apply to shampooed, towel-dried hair. For deeper conditioning, leave on for 2 to 5 minutes. For even more intense conditioning, apply moderate dryer heat for 5 minutes. Rinse.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

You can get it at Sally's beauty supply or at online stores such as this one: http://store.hello-gorgeous.net/lbmocr.html

Latest posts

Back