Easystraight will destroy your hair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just really glad that there is a place like Makeuptalk where people can come and share ideas and information, I just wish I had found it before I used easystraight, but that was my mistake for not researching first. I have been getting some good ideas on here about all the different products out there for damaged hair and which ones really work. I am just hoping that more people will take the time to check out products like easystraight, find this site and then make up their minds from there if this is something they really want to use on their hair and what the consequences could very well be if they do. So thanks again to the folks at Makeuptalk for providing a place for us to come to.

I feel so bad for everyone who has used EasyStraight, myself included. A few years ago a hairdresser recommended using jojoba oil to bring back the shine in my hair and it works. This is what she told me to do & it really does work. Before you go to bed, put enough jojoba oil in your hair to make it look wet. Work it through your hair. Use a towel on your pillow because jojoba oil will stain! In the morning, shampoo & condition as usual. I found that after shampooing, while my hair is still wet, using 4-5 drops of jojoba oil smooths the hair. I also would wait until my hair was dry and then work another 4-5 drops in. You can overdo it with the oil though & end up with greasy looking hair, so experiment with how many drops you need. It really made my hair healthy looking and very shiny. It doesn't work overnight and it did take a couple of months before the shine came back, but it does work. Of course the damage from EasyStraight is a whole lot worse...

Good luck to everyone and we all need to remember that we're not alone in this. Thanks to Makeuptalk for getting us all together!
smile.gif

My hair has been damaged by EasyStraight and it was looking a little better. I bought Nexxus Emergencee to use on my hair and I've used it twice. Now my hair is looking worse - more crimpy, more frizzy. I'm wondering if anyone knows if the Nexxus Emergencee would do this? Maybe it's putting the curl back in my hair but because it's been damaged, it comes out looking more crimpy frizzy than curly? I'm afraid to continue using the Nexxus.

Originally Posted by rowantree I emailed and let's all hope that they can do something. Same here, keep your fingers crossed. I was just down at Walgreens and they have it out on a display shelf has an avertised special again, I almost felt like standing by it and scaring people away that look interested. The lady that works there told me again that if someone goes to purchase it on her shift that she will warn them about using it.

Originally Posted by aquanet class action, ladies! this stuff messed me up too. i found this on another site and thought i would share it with you. i called them and it seems legit. apparently someone got it from her company's pr department and tried it. it wrecked her hair, so she is starting a class action suit. who knows, it might be that editor we are reading about.
ATTENTION ANY AND ALL USERS OF EASY STRAIGHT HAIR STRAIGHTENING SYSTEM:

You may be eligible to participate in a class action law suit against the maker of Easy Straight hair straightener.

This firm represents a client who used Easy Straight on her then healthy hair. She alleges that product severely damaged her hair.

We have information which leads us to believe that there are many, many other women who have had similar experiences with Easy Straight. Rest assured that your injuries are not without recourse. This firm is currently in the process of putting together a class action against Easy Straight and it's maker. In many situations, dangerously designed and manufactured products injure consumers, but due to the limited nature of their injuries these consumers do not find it economical or efficient to sue individually. A class action is a mechanism whereby a large number of injured parties may sue for common injuries and obtain a recovery for their injuries and loss, at very little or no up-front cost to the individuals.

If you have been damaged or injured as a result of the use of Easy Straight Hair Straightening System and are interested in participating in a class action lawsuit, please contact this firm, as listed below:

SHAFRAN & MOSLEY, P.C.

350 Fifth Avenue, Suite 2310

Empire State Building

New York, New York 10018

Phone: (212) 631-7000

Fax
frown.gif
212) 239-6900

Or by email at [email protected]

We are looking to proceed with this lawsuit shortly, and the earlier that you contact this firm, the more likely the chances that we will be able to obtain a recovery on your behalf.

Thank you for your time and interest.

Very truly yours,

Shafran & Mosley, P.C.

Let's keep this thread alive so that anyone interested in the class action suit, will see this. Please let us know if you have emailed the law firm and have received a response so we can make sure it's legit avenue of complaint. Thanks!!!! (I'm not sure how many lawyers use yahoo email accounts rather than ones with their own firm's name... lol)

mutapathy.jpg

I received an email from them. Here's what they had to say: "This firm is still attempting to contact more women in your position who have been injured by Easy Straight. Simultaneously, we have drafted a summons and complaint, which is the first step in beginning a lawsuit. Once the summons and complaint is filed and served on the defendants, we will make a petition for class certification. A class action against Easy Straight will require minimal participation on your part. Essentially, what will happen is that we will sue Easy Straight on behalf of our client and everyone else similarly situated, which includes you. If we are able to obtain a favorable judgment or settlement, you will be entitled to collect a share of the recovery. Your role will be purely passive. Right now I would simply ask that you email me an account of what happened when you used the product, including any pictures if you have them. We will be sending out emails and updating everyone who is interested in participating in this action on a regular basis. Additionally, if you can think of any way that we could locate and contact more people who have had a similar experience (e.g. websites, chatrooms, ect.) we would greatly appreciate the feedback. Thank you for your response and willingness to participate in this action." Please, if you've used EasyStraight and it's damaged your hair, email them at [email protected]

Originally Posted by Californian Let's keep this thread alive so that anyone interested in the class action suit, will see this. Please let us know if you have emailed the law firm and have received a response so we can make sure it's legit avenue of complaint. Thanks!!!! (I'm not sure how many lawyers use yahoo email accounts rather than ones with their own firm's name... lol)

mutapathy.jpg

Will do Cali, I was wondering about the @yahoo.com also, I did a search on Shafran & Mosley, P.C. and there is a law firm with that name, they represented someone with a complaint against Morgan Stanley, the address for their office is different on the Morgan Stanley lawsuit papers so I guess we will see.

Originally Posted by rowantree I received an email from them. Here's what they had to say:
"This firm is still attempting to contact more women in your position who have been injured by Easy Straight. Simultaneously, we have drafted a summons and complaint, which is the first step in beginning a lawsuit. Once the summons and complaint is filed and served on the defendants, we will make a petition for class certification.

A class action against Easy Straight will require minimal participation on your part. Essentially, what will happen is that we will sue Easy Straight on behalf of our client and everyone else similarly situated, which includes you. If we are able to obtain a favorable judgment or settlement, you will be entitled to collect a share of the recovery. Your role will be purely passive. Right now I would simply ask that you email me an account of what happened when you used the product, including any pictures if you have them.

We will be sending out emails and updating everyone who is interested in participating in this action on a regular basis. Additionally, if you can think of any way that we could locate and contact more people who have had a similar experience (e.g. websites, chatrooms, ect.) we would greatly appreciate the feedback. Thank you for your response and willingness to participate in this action."

Please, if you've used EasyStraight and it's damaged your hair, email them at [email protected]

YOU RULE, Rowantree! Please send them the URL of this entire thread. They can contact all of the people on here who've had disastrous experiences with EasyStraight.
123banner.jpg

Little worried about the post here asking for people to contact them. You can't contact "aquanet" by email. What type of law firm would have an employee search message boards on the net for clients? I think I made a major mistake emailing them but I can block them from emailing me any further. Figures, doesn't it? Isn't it bad enough that we're all sitting here with FRIED hair? Oh no, there's people out there that want to scam us some more...

just a quick p.s. to my previous post here. Can anyone tell me what time the law office closes in New York? It's 4:30pm here, so it's 5:30pm in NYC. Do they pay Aquanet to surf this message board, because Aquanet's been online on this board for quite a while now.

I would love to make use of the Makeuptalk chat room if anyone else is interested, maybe some of us easystraight ladies could get together and share information and well heck, just cry on eachothers shoulders if one of us should feel the need
icon_cry.gif

Originally Posted by rowantree I received an email from them. Here's what they had to say: "This firm is still attempting to contact more women in your position who have been injured by Easy Straight. Simultaneously, we have drafted a summons and complaint, which is the first step in beginning a lawsuit. Once the summons and complaint is filed and served on the defendants, we will make a petition for class certification. A class action against Easy Straight will require minimal participation on your part. Essentially, what will happen is that we will sue Easy Straight on behalf of our client and everyone else similarly situated, which includes you. If we are able to obtain a favorable judgment or settlement, you will be entitled to collect a share of the recovery. Your role will be purely passive. Right now I would simply ask that you email me an account of what happened when you used the product, including any pictures if you have them. We will be sending out emails and updating everyone who is interested in participating in this action on a regular basis. Additionally, if you can think of any way that we could locate and contact more people who have had a similar experience (e.g. websites, chatrooms, ect.) we would greatly appreciate the feedback. Thank you for your response and willingness to participate in this action." Please, if you've used EasyStraight and it's damaged your hair, email them at [email protected] Did I miss something?

Well I had read their post here, emailed them, received a reply very quickly from them, then came back here. Where I read the posts about them using a yahoo email address. So that got me wondering. I did check and their phone # and address are legit. But it got me thinking about what type of law firm would post a message here. Then I noticed that "Aquanet" was online and viewing the thread. Which I thought was pretty strange, especially when "Aquanet" didn't reply to any of the posts I had written. So while the law firm itself is legit, I do have a concern about this "Aquanet" person who posted the law firm's info. I am completely serious about getting EasyStraight taken off the shelves though, so I am going to call the law firm myself today to speak to someone about why they would place a post here.

Originally Posted by rowantree Well I had read their post here, emailed them, received a reply very quickly from them, then came back here. Where I read the posts about them using a yahoo email address. So that got me wondering. I did check and their phone # and address are legit. But it got me thinking about what type of law firm would post a message here. Then I noticed that "Aquanet" was online and viewing the thread. Which I thought was pretty strange, especially when "Aquanet" didn't reply to any of the posts I had written. So while the law firm itself is legit, I do have a concern about this "Aquanet" person who posted the law firm's info. I am completely serious about getting EasyStraight taken off the shelves though, so I am going to call the law firm myself today to speak to someone about why they would place a post here. HI, I didn't think they placed the post here. I thought it was a member who'd cut and pasted a message she'd received from the law firm via email. Now I am thoroughly confused. Please let us know the results of your phone call. I am glad you are so proactive. Keep in touch! Cali

Oh, well that makes a whole lot more sense to me. Thank you so very much for clearing that up, Cali! I will be emailing them pics of my hair & a detailed version of my experience then. I just want the company to have to put a warning on the box & on the instructions. I think that's fair. Will keep you posted!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by aquanet please don't be suspicious of me. i TOO have lost a ton of hair to easystraight. i just thought i would come on here and help people out. i saw the law firm's post on craigslist so i called them and talked to a guy named jesse. i emailed him a letter i sent to easy straight and pictures of the damage. i just thought i would share the craigslist post with you all.
if someone here thinks i am some shady character, so be it, but rest assured i am not. i am just another person who foolishly believed that easy straight might work.

I believe you and thank you. What is "craigslist"? With so many "shady characters" in the world, it's not wonder we all become suspicious at times. But I have no ill feelings -at all- about you. You are just providing info and it is helping! We've all got to be careful and I believe that you are in this too!Thanks so much for taking this time to help others, Aqua!!!

Sincerely,

Cali

Mutblack.jpg

Originally Posted by aquanet also, i am NOT in new york. i am on the west coast. i really don't feel comfortable being called out as being a possible employee of this firm and painted as some weirdo who stalks message boards looking for clients. ever since easy straight damaged my hair, i have searched the internet left and right for answers. i just signed up for this site yesterday since i saw a long thread on the subject, so there is no way i have been on this board for a long time. and if i was on for a long time at one sitting, it is probably because i didn't log off.
i just thought i would sign up here and share the word. the reason i don't post my email address is because i don't know any of you and am very protective of that information. i am just terribly annoyed that i came on here to talk to people who have dealt with what i have and to share something i found that might help us. it may go somewhere, it may not. i don't know. that is the risk i am willing to take though, since i have lost hundreds because of this crap product and i have nothing to lose at this point.

I apologize on behalf of any users who misconstrued your message. I believe the offense to your credibility was not intentional (especially in light of this situation). Rowantree misunderstood your post and your intention. I think it was an honest mistake. Please hang around as we really appreciate the help for others who may have suffered like you have.
I know that you are not some "weirdo" and I am sure that anyone who understood your posts and your intentions knows that you are here for the right reasons. Please do not take another user's mistrust so personally. I think Rowantree's skepticism really is a reflection of having so many manipulators in our society, period! I bet you can understand where she's coming from.

In any case, please stay with us here at MuT. We are really all on the same side of this EasyStraight issue. No attacks are necessary on any of our users. I do not believe Rowantree meant ill- she was suspicious from being victimized. I can understand your frustration in light of your intentions and hope that you will forgive and understand.

Sincerely,

Californian (MuT Mod)

LLbanner4.jpg

Originally Posted by rowantree Oh, well that makes a whole lot more sense to me. Thank you so very much for clearing that up, Cali! I will be emailing them pics of my hair & a detailed version of my experience then. I just want the company to have to put a warning on the box & on the instructions. I think that's fair. Will keep you posted!
smile.gif
Right On, Rowantree! See ... it was a simple misunderstanding. It can get confusing without faces and names and titles.NP. Keep us posted as usual.

I like your good attitude.

ffbanner11.jpg

Dear, Snafuish,

After hearing from so many people complain about EasyStraight who have had VERY similar experiences to yours, I must say that I believe you 100%. At first I was skeptical, thinking, "did these women follow the directions??!" and I see that you have. You have done even better than that and tailored the treatment (as directed) specifically to your own hair type and needs. I have heard of people who have followed directions to a T, only to have a disaster as well.

You have my trust in your ability to follow directions! I am sorry if I ever implied otherwise. Oftentimes, the first thing we do is blame the victim. This is another case. It's obvious by how you articulate yourself, that you are not dumb. I just want to tell you that you are NOT crazy and that I believe you and the others on this board. I am grateful that you are here to share despite some personal attacks or hurtful comments.

I have learned from this experience and from my own judgements. Thank you, sincerely, for coming back to this site and setting anyone who needs it, straight. I hope you get your beautiful, long hair back asap. I can only say that I know how bad it feels to not like the way you look. Please do everything possible to get your self-esteem back in tact and to use that anger and frustration to bust the ass of EasyStraight until they take responsibility for their actions.

I am glad to have you here as are others, I'm sure!

Sincerely,

Californian (MuT mod)

mutbanner33.gif

Even after following their instruction and erring on the safe side, my hair broke off like crazy. Over 30% of my hair has broken off already and my hair continues to shed each and every day, despite my weekly protein and deep conditioner treatments.

At first I thought I was strong enough to brave the critics and I spread the words on every board I can find. After a while, I got really tired of people thinking that I'm an idiot and retrieved to only one hair board. (Sorry not this one cos there were some bashing going on here, not on me directly, but aimed at people who had EasyStraight damage).

At one point EasyStraight tried to contact me I guess cos I was giving them a bad rep. If you Google’d “EasyStraightâ€, my screen name would come up on some these complaints. I think they gave up after I repeated told them their instruction caused the breakage on my hair.

Anyway, my hair is growing slowly and I had no choice but to learn to live with what hair I have left. I've made friends on various boards that has been comforting me through this. Even though they didn't have an EasyStraight nightmare, they had other hair horror to understand what I'm going through.

Harleymom, I apologize if I didn't get back to your email. I hope you can understand why. I promise, anyone that needs a shoulder to cry on, someone to vent to, or share hair product and hairstyle ideas, please contact me.

To all the moderators, thank you for defending us on the topic of instruction and that not all products will work for everyone. I must have read the instruction at least 10 times prior to proceeding and even looked glanced at it again and again while the mixture was in my hair. I am not stupid. I am not an idiot. And yes, I know how to read. <O =""></O>

I hope this lawsuit works out. I did not contact the new class-action lawsuit post fearing another let down. Back in April, I responded to Sarah Hooper’s post Craigslist on a possible class-action lawsuit against EasyStraight. I have not heard anything from her or her lawyers since. I will be more than happy to respond if it’s a legit lawsuit.<O =""></O>

Thank you for listening and good luck to everyone.

<O =""></O>

Best,<!--[endif]--><O =""></O>

Snafuish<O =""></O>

Back