Easystraight will destroy your hair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Nina EASYSTRAIGHT - Hey, I actually did it anyway... My hair feels soft and looks straight, even my bangs, without using a brush, I don't see any breakage at the ends or roots. (I applied it 1/4 to 1/2 inch from my scalp). My hair is almost to my waist, thick and fine (plus color). It took 8 minutes to apply the cream and I left it on anouther 5 minutes. I didn't have anymore hair loss than normal, I didn't like the combing part for the 10 minutes, it took me longer than that to get all of my hair combed out just one time, and I had to use some of the leave in conditioner to get the tangles out at that point also. I only had half of it left for the leave in part at the end, so I just used some Infusium 23 leave in conditioner, it seemed to be about the same thing. I also conditioned at the last shampoo and rinsed, before towel drying and using the leave in conditioner. I will use it again when I need to. I love it! Woah! That's good to hear! Thanks for the input. So what is the result- it makes your hair super super straight? Is it sort of like a perm only in reverse?

I wonder how my best friend Cortney would fair if she used it. She's got the kinkiest curls ever, all natural!!! But I don't think she'd want to straigten it.

It took 8 minutes to apply the cream and I left it on anouther 5 minutes.

It's great to hear some good reviews, and especially from someone who did leave it on and it still didn't do any damage.

I think it just works for some people, and not for others, honestly. But I'm glad it does work for some!
smile.gif

I am intelligent & followed EasyStraight's directions perfectly and ended up with fried hair that is breaking off. I also have sections on my head where the hair broke off at the roots & now there is just "stubs". I called EasyStraight (leave a message). I emailed EasyStraight (twice). I finally received a phone call. They claimed the "frizz" would be gone in a couple weeks (it's been 2) and they thought I hadn't left the product on long enough, despite the fact that my hair is breaking off. They sent me a check for $30 and requested I send pics of my hair. They said they would call me as soon as they got the pics. I sent the pics on Tuesday and today is Thursday & I haven't heard a word. EasyStraight may work wonders for some people, but it looks like for the majority, it doesn't work. They need to put this on the box. They need to let people know that it WILL remove semi-permanent haircolor and that it MAY cause hair breakage and frizz. By the way, the refund check they sent me looked like a personal check. I looked the check over & found out they purchased the checks from "Checks Unlimited", the same place I buy my checks from. I have a feeling this company doesn't have a whole lot of money and they're about to have less. Thanks for sending the link for the Consumer Complaint, I am leaving now to fill it out!

Originally Posted by rowantree I am intelligent & followed EasyStraight's directions perfectly and ended up with fried hair that is breaking off. I also have sections on my head where the hair broke off at the roots & now there is just "stubs". I called EasyStraight (leave a message). I emailed EasyStraight (twice). I finally received a phone call. They claimed the "frizz" would be gone in a couple weeks (it's been 2) and they thought I hadn't left the product on long enough, despite the fact that my hair is breaking off. They sent me a check for $30 and requested I send pics of my hair. They said they would call me as soon as they got the pics. I sent the pics on Tuesday and today is Thursday & I haven't heard a word. EasyStraight may work wonders for some people, but it looks like for the majority, it doesn't work. They need to put this on the box. They need to let people know that it WILL remove semi-permanent haircolor and that it MAY cause hair breakage and frizz. By the way, the refund check they sent me looked like a personal check. I looked the check over & found out they purchased the checks from "Checks Unlimited", the same place I buy my checks from. I have a feeling this company doesn't have a whole lot of money and they're about to have less. Thanks for sending the link for the Consumer Complaint, I am leaving now to fill it out! Dear Rowantree, Well if you decide to pursue any further claim, just mention the word law suit and print out and send this entire thread. That will get you all that you deserve for what their product did. It will pay for your hair cut and products, damage, etc. Just make sure you read the label from top to bottom and see if there are any such disclaimers. If not, they owe you. This is absolutely a valid claim. I am sorry for you. I know that you must be really pissed off. I hope, also, that you filed that Better Biz Bureaut complaint. If they get enough complaints, they will pull the plug on a particular business.

To report Easystraight to the FDA: see this

How do I report non-emergencies about cosmetics? FDA urges consumers to report any problems with cosmetics by writing to FDA's Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, Adverse Events Reporting System (CAERS) by phone at 301-436-2405 or by e-mail at [email protected]. Problems also can be reported to the nearest FDA district office (found in the blue pages of your phone directory).

What should I include in my report?

[*]Report what happened as soon as possible. Give names, addresses and phone numbers of persons affected. Include your name, address and phone number, as well as that of the doctor or hospital if emergency treatment was provided. [Describe damage]

[*]State the problem clearly. Describe the product as completely as possible, including any codes or identifying marks on the label or container. Give the name and address of the store where the product was purchased and the date of purchase.

[*]You also should report the problem to the manufacturer or distributor shown on the label and to the store where you purchased the product.

This way other people will not have to go through the same thing and you will get your due.

Thanks for the FDA info. I did mention looking into some type of lawsuit action to the company - that's how I got them to reply to my emails and to refund me my $30. Now that they've refunded me the $30, they're ignoring all of my emails.

Gosh, this is why I'm soooo glad that I found this forum. A couple of months ago I was at CVS and almost bought this product. Thank you all for the heads up. Before you know if you hair will be growing back healthy and beautiful!!!

Originally Posted by rowantree Thanks for the FDA info. I did mention looking into some type of lawsuit action to the company - that's how I got them to reply to my emails and to refund me my $30. Now that they've refunded me the $30, they're ignoring all of my emails. Hi Rowantree,The company would not shell out any money at all if they didn't know they were in violation of FDA regulations. I'd definately pursue it since you will need more than $30.00 for damages.

You might be able to take this to small claims court. Document everything. Take pics of your hair NOW, take pics of whatever has fallen in the drain, what is in your brush, on the counter, on your sheets, or whatever damage that shows evidence that this product severely damaged your hair. I'd also get a written statement from a hair dresser. Make sure you know the date, time, and store of purchase. I'm sure you're capable. I'm just gung-ho for you after reading all of these terrible reviews on this product.

BEST of luck! If you need any help, let me know.

Bye!

Calif.

They definitely need to have a warning on the box that it could cause hair damage - in the very least!!! I'm amazed about the checks - it sounds like they know they're going down. I second everything Californian has said. I wish you the best!

Originally Posted by rowantree I am intelligent & followed EasyStraight's directions perfectly and ended up with fried hair that is breaking off. I also have sections on my head where the hair broke off at the roots & now there is just "stubs". I called EasyStraight (leave a message). I emailed EasyStraight (twice). I finally received a phone call. They claimed the "frizz" would be gone in a couple weeks (it's been 2) and they thought I hadn't left the product on long enough, despite the fact that my hair is breaking off. They sent me a check for $30 and requested I send pics of my hair. They said they would call me as soon as they got the pics. I sent the pics on Tuesday and today is Thursday & I haven't heard a word. EasyStraight may work wonders for some people, but it looks like for the majority, it doesn't work. They need to put this on the box. They need to let people know that it WILL remove semi-permanent haircolor and that it MAY cause hair breakage and frizz. By the way, the refund check they sent me looked like a personal check. I looked the check over & found out they purchased the checks from "Checks Unlimited", the same place I buy my checks from. I have a feeling this company doesn't have a whole lot of money and they're about to have less. Thanks for sending the link for the Consumer Complaint, I am leaving now to fill it out!

Welcome Ana (sadeyes81)! I'm sorry that you found us here at Makeuptalk.com under such bad circumstaces, but definitely read through this thread and contact EasyStraight. They need to know that a majority of users are experiencing hair damage. If there's anything we can do to help, don't hesitate to ask! We're here for you!

Originally Posted by sadeyes81 I used this product last week. I have thick course frizzy curly hair. So can you imagine what my hair looks like when it air dries! So I bought easystraight and followed the directions. When i was done, it said that i could gently blow dry my hair with out any tugging, so i did. When my hair was finally dry, I noticed that my hair was about 60% less frizzy, but still it was frizzy. I also noticed that my split ends were more noticable than ever. You see I had died my hair once and decided to let it grow out naturally so 2 inches of the bottom of my hair was a slightly different color then the rest of my hair. Anyway, I didn't wash my hair for the next two days, but i noticed that all the hair close to my scalp are extremly hard. It sort of feels burned or like tiny little spike all around my scalp. So I got on the web and searched to find answeres to see if someone might have experienced this with their hair and to my amazment i find all sorts of disasters. Now i'm afraid that my hair will fall out! I so hope not. I feel like crying because my hair doesn't curl right to have them nice and curly with out smothering my hair with mouse or gel and anti frizz oils and products and it takes me 45 minutes just to blow dry it straight which still didn't do it so i had to go over it with a straightening iron, so i usually always had my hair in a pony tail which causes my hair to fall out when i take it down, but that's normal for me i guess. Now that I'm wearing my hair down it looks real dry especially at the ends, but if you touch my hair it's soft untill you dig deeper and feel the spikes. What should i do now???? Can anyone recommend a good deep conditioning treatment for my hair?? By the way, the drying time when i blow dried my hair this morning cut down to just 30 minutes but i still had to use the straightening iron just a little bit to get it to the way i wanted it. So please anyone give me any advice or comment on my experience i really need it. Thanks for reading, Ana

Hi Ana,

I'm glad you found this board, it has been a big help to me just having somewhere to go and try to inform others, I have also gotten some good advice on here too. Unfortunetly it seems like the number of people who have had terrible results from using easystraight is growing, count me in has one of them. I used it on May 1st. and it really did a number on my hair, it's pretty much fried and there is a lot of breakage, the nubs at my part line are not has bad feeling has they were but I still have a place at the nape of my neck that is almost like a brillo pad. I ended up getting about 3 inches cut off and have spent a fortune on conditioners, the people at easystraight are not very helpful at all either, it took them almost 3 weeks to respond to an email and I never could get through on the phone, I sent them another email going on 2 weeks ago and have yet to hear anything. Of all the products I have been using to try and at least mask the damage I have found that a protein treatment called Nexxus Emergencee has helped, I had to order it online though, I also have been using a oil free glosser by ION, it smoothes the frizz without making it too greasy and weighed down feeling. If you are like me you will feel a lot better about coming to this board too, the ladies here are very nice. By the way, thank you Californian and Kage for sticking up for us ladies who did follow the directions
icon_wink.gif

I knew I liked you, Harley.

In light of this thread, I have read a lot about jojoba oil for damaged hair. It is supposed to really help out the hair (damaged hair especially) and the scalp.

Please check out this informational website, here is an excerpt:

"Extremely damaged hair or hair that tends to break, split or tangle will often respond very well to jojoba oil. Jojoba is a very healing and moisturizing oil for the hair. I have found over the years that jojoba oil will work for just about all types of hair."

Click here to read more and about the aplication processes etc...

124banner7.jpg

Awww thanks Harleymom! We're just keeping this board real - a friendly, drama-free place where everyone's opinions are respected and valued. We appreciate you!!!

*hugs*

Originally Posted by Harleymom10860 By the way, thank you Californian and Kage for sticking up for us ladies who did follow the directions
icon_wink.gif

Thanks so much for the jojobo link, I saw it at Sally beauty supply last week but ended up grabbing several tubes of the Cholesterol hot oil, after reading about the jojobo I'll be sure to stock up on it next time I head down to Sally,which will be soon, has they are moving into a brand new and much bigger store next week (still haven't figured out why my hubby gets this nervous flinch whenever one of my favorite shopping places moves to town or expands
icon_lol.gif
)

P.S.-I saw the photos of your new hair cut and highlights and all I can say is "Wow" you look fantastic!

Originally Posted by cyan0acrylate Yes this product is horrible. I plan on going to consumer affairs with this. My hair feels like its fried and is breaking off. It is totally frizzy and I feel I cant do anything with it because they say not to brush it because it is too fragile. Im scared. I have long hair and now its ruined. The company offered a refund but I dont want a damned refund, I want my hair restored. Any suggestions? Feel free to email me because I want to bombard the Better Business Bureau with complaints. Thanks. Cyan..First off,Welcome to MuT..I'm so sorry Easystraight claimed you as a victim also..Just a thought..Have you thought about maybe contacting the US attorney generals office?Perhaps if you PM'd the other members here that have complained,get their names,and present these along with your complaint,maybe the attorney generals office will investigate..I smell class action lawsuit.Not too far fetched to work
wink.gif

Originally Posted by cyan0acrylate Yes this product is horrible. I plan on going to consumer affairs with this. My hair feels like its fried and is breaking off. It is totally frizzy and I feel I cant do anything with it because they say not to brush it because it is too fragile. Im scared. I have long hair and now its ruined. The company offered a refund but I dont want a damned refund, I want my hair restored. Any suggestions? Feel free to email me because I want to bombard the Better Business Bureau with complaints. Thanks. My best suggests are:
- Notify the FDA as well as the BBB since the FDA is a step up (and yes, it does meet the FDA violations listed)

- Post warnings on any appropriate hair-related internet boards (including and especially Ebay's health and beauty board)

- If you are so inclined, file a case at small claims court (many lawyers grant a free meeting to see if you have a case.) Then if you decide to pursue this in court, you will not need a lawyer for small claims ct. and it only costs a minimal amount to file a claim.

- Document everything about your hair in pics and get written statements from a pro beautician, dermatologist, etc. In case you will need it.

- If you can start an online petition, do so. Then make sure all of the major women's magazines such as Cosmo, Glamour, etc see it. Or simply print out this entire thread and mail it to the editors.

Best of luck to you and I am sorry,

Cali

hhbeware.gif

Well you have one. I wish I had found this forum before I used EasyStraight. I have talked to the company. They gave me advice as to what to do and are sending me my money back. I could kick myself good for using this product. I have lost 1/2 or more of my hair in the top of my head. I feel like I have a flattop when I touch my head. It has been 2 weeks now and it is continuing to fall out daily. I have used chemical straightners for years and have never had this happen. I too followed everything to the letter and did not leave it on as long as it suggested in fear that something like this may happen.............I just never believed that it would. Live and learn, but take this crap off the market!

Welcome to MakeupTalk!@@!#$@#!#$

Originally Posted by Rouge047

Well you have one. I wish I had found this forum before I used EasyStraight. I have talked to the company. They gave me advice as to what to do and are sending me my money back. I could kick myself good for using this product. I have lost 1/2 or more of my hair in the top of my head. I feel like I have a flattop when I touch my head. It has been 2 weeks now and it is continuing to fall out daily. I have used chemical straightners for years and have never had this happen. I too followed everything to the letter and did not leave it on as long as it suggested in fear that something like this may happen.............I just never believed that it would. Live and learn, but take this crap off the market!

Can you all beleive that this post is the TOP thread on Makeuptalk?

89 replies

and viewed almost 2,000 times!!?

Originally Posted by Californian

My best suggests are:
- Notify the FDA as well as the BBB since the FDA is a step up (and yes, it does meet the FDA violations listed)

- Post warnings on any appropriate hair-related internet boards (including and especially Ebay's health and beauty board)

- If you are so inclined, file a case at small claims court (many lawyers grant a free meeting to see if you have a case.) Then if you decide to pursue this in court, you will not need a lawyer for small claims ct. and it only costs a minimal amount to file a claim.

- Document everything about your hair in pics and get written statements from a pro beautician, dermatologist, etc. In case you will need it.

- If you can start an online petition, do so. Then make sure all of the major women's magazines such as Cosmo, Glamour, etc see it. Or simply print out this entire thread and mail it to the editors.

Best of luck to you and I am sorry,

Cali

hhbeware.gif

Back