EDM changed it's sales tactics

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by IslandBreeze /img/forum/go_quote.gif 4. I don't get the choice to stop using Paypal. You'd think if there were THAT many cancelled orders or stopped payments, millions of Ebay users wouldn't continue to use Paypal as their primary means of payment. I wonder if EDM has a personal account vs. a business account because Paypal WILL stop payments and hold payments on personal accounts, but they do NOT do that on business accounts. My guess? They don't like the fees Paypal charges so they aren't going to lose their little 2% to Paypal anymore. I think they'll lose a lot more customers and money than the piddly fees Paypal takes.

I have a website too, and am constantly chasing down unpaid paypal orders! It's annoying and time consuming, but not always the customers fault. Sometimes PP pops up behind the window they are on, sometimes it times out. So...I send a money request and give them 48 hours to pay. I've also sold on ebay. Paypal is owned by ebay and highly integrated into the buying/checking out process. You can't complete your order before completing payment...therefore it's perfect for ebay! Not so on an independent site....whole nother monster.

Back