Egminerals - again

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope for you that the situation will resolve. I'm no lucky with them.

I think the lose a good costumer... and I think the will lose a lot of costumer after the will see that the have a sucks CS.

I will send them the products since I will not use them and pray that no one will have a situation like that...

BE CARFULE !!! there are a lot of good mmu brand out there.. with great CS.

So sorry to hear about these bad experiences. I ordered foundation samples from egminerals on 12-26-09, I received them today (01-08). They did send me an apologetic email regarding the "overwhelming response to their products" causing delays, etc.

Apparently, I ordered the wrong complexion tones in cover me...EXCELLENT FLAWLESS COVERAGE but they were all too brown. I didn't really know what category (color tone) I fell into. I don't want to keep spending money on samples (as you have to spend at least 10-dollars for free kits...which turns out to be at least $15+ altogether. I guess I'll have to email them and hope for a better response.

Hope things workout for you ladies.

I have had similar and other problems with a few mmu companies...and I am over the unprofessionalism!!

I am the buyer which is making them $$$....be concerned for your customers needs!

This is my motto on finding a great company...."If your in business....then conduct business", otherwise I will look for someone that have better products and ARE professional and reliable! There are too many out there to just stick to one that does not compy with professionalism!

Hope I was not too harsh here, but I have had the same thing happen to me with other companies.... Hope you can come to terms with them
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Freshface /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't want to keep spending money on samples (as you have to spend at least 10-dollars for free kits...which turns out to be at least $15+ altogether. I guess I'll have to email them and hope for a better response. When I ordered the sample kit to try them out I did not have to have a minimum $10 amount. I just ordered the free kit and paid less then $4 for shipping. I don't think that has changed, but I could be wrong.
It was a good kit and product. But for me their CS did not turn out to be good. Like I said before their CS seems to be a hit or miss, but to me it seems the "miss" comes when there's a problem and then they suddenly ignore you.

Once I filed the paypal dispute, I finally got an e-mail and got the refund for the second order I never received. But I wonder what would have happened if I had not filed the paypal dispute on time.

Originally Posted by garacco /img/forum/go_quote.gif When I ordered the sample kit to try them out I did not have to have a minimum $10 amount. I just ordered the free kit and paid less then $4 for shipping. I don't think that has changed, but I could be wrong.
It was a good kit and product. But for me their CS did not turn out to be good. Like I said before their CS seems to be a hit or miss, but to me it seems the "miss" comes when there's a problem and then they suddenly ignore you.

Once I filed the paypal dispute, I finally got an e-mail and got the refund for the second order I never received. But I wonder what would have happened if I had not filed the paypal dispute on time.

Oh really. About how long ago did you order? When I ordered mine Dec 26, I could not complete the order for under $10......their site stated that the limited purchase price was $10......hmm...I'm going to go back to their site to re-check.
Thank you for mentioning this and I'm sorry about your negative experience with them. I did email them yesterday and will see how quickly I get a response because they did respond within 10-min of my first email....nothing yet so far with this one.

I'm baffled....I went to egmineral site but could not find any regularly priced samples, only the free samples that require a minimum $10 purchase. Does anyone know where these $4 samples are listed on their site?....I can't find them.

Hm, the first time I ordered samples from them I noticed it was taking a while to get my order processed, and when I realized on their site that it stated you'd need to make a minimum $10 order, I sent an e-mail expressing my concern that I had not reached that minimum and if I could withdraw my order (I thought this was why it hadn't been processed at a reasonable amount of time). They promptly replied to my email explaining that there wasn't a minimum and were considerate enough to ask if I still wanted a refund or for them to check on the issue with my order. I asked for my order to be put through, and it was shipped out the next day with no further problems.

I'm sorry to hear you had problems with them. I felt their customer service was very prompt when they addressed my concerns.. hm.

Fresh: Oh, I think the samples you're looking for... they're the ones listed as costing $0.01. I think it gets to around 4 bucks because of the shipping cost.

Thank you Kiimuu. Thus far I have not had any problems with egm customer service. I just find their site so convoluted....maybe it's just me.

They sent me the 11-sample foundations @ $.01 with a $10 minimum purchase. I just finally found their $5 samples but it indicates that you will only receive 3-foundations, 1-blush and 1-finishing powder. I don't wear blush or finishing powders. I really just want another 11-sample set, just lighter shades. I just don't want to be required to make another minimum purchase.

How many foundation samples did you receive with your $4 order? I'm going to try to call them Monday if I can find their number...I hope they take telephone calls..it can cut down some of their email overload.

a company with a bad costumer service will not stay in the business. I promise to you ladies that the will fall. big time!

every brand that not respect thier costumers need to be out of business.

Originally Posted by Freshface /img/forum/go_quote.gif They sent me the 11-sample foundations @ $.01 with a $10 minimum purchase. I just finally found their $5 samples but it indicates that you will only receive 3-foundations, 1-blush and 1-finishing powder. I don't wear blush or finishing powders. I really just want another 11-sample set, just lighter shades. I just don't want to be required to make another minimum purchase.
How many foundation samples did you receive with your $4 order? I'm going to try to call them Monday if I can find their number...I hope they take telephone calls..it can cut down some of their email overload.

I placed my free sample order around October 13th, 2009. I received ten samples in baggies (I believe you get from 8-14 samples) and only paid the shipping which was less than $4. I was not required to make a $10 minimum purchase, so I don't know if their policy changed after that. The site seems the same, I don't see any changes that state a $10 minimum and if they don't state it, I don't think you should have to get that minimum.Earthen Glow Minerals - "FREE" FOUNDATION KITS

I posted my full experience with EGM here on the forums.

https://forum.makeuptalk.com/f12...re-100823.html

Home Cart

Cart

Name SKU Price Quantity Subtotal Update

MEDIUM TAN - COVER ME

Kit: 'COVER ME' Heavy Cvg (= $0.01) F/CM/KIT/MEDIUM TAN $0.01 $0.01

Subtotal: $0.01

Tax Total: $0.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total: $0.01

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have a coupon code, please enter it below:

Continue Shopping Our minimum purchase order value is: $10.00

Thank you for the links. I clicked on your link and tried it again and still again the above message appears (I pasted it here so you all could see what I've been trying to explain). Yet it still does not allow me to check-out without spending the $10 plus shipping. I'm probably still doing something wrong, but I give up on it for now. I'm going to wait to hear back from them (hopefully). My excitement about this company is really starting to fade. Thanks everyone.

keeping in mind that due to processing expenses we do have a $10 minimum for all orders

I also pasted the above message from their site...they bury these messages about the 10-bucks, making it really hard to find. Perhaps they just started the minimum purchase price.So basically they have no FREE samples, by my calculations you have to spend at least $15.75 to get a sample because their cheapest product is around $12 and cheapest shipping around $3 or so. What a bait-n-switch!

Originally Posted by garacco /img/forum/go_quote.gif I placed my free sample order around October 13th, 2009. I received ten samples in baggies (I believe you get from 8-14 samples) and only paid the shipping which was less than $4. I was not required to make a $10 minimum purchase, so I don't know if their policy changed after that. The site seems the same, I don't see any changes that state a $10 minimum and if they don't state it, I don't think you should have to get that minimum.Earthen Glow Minerals - "FREE" FOUNDATION KITS

I posted my full experience with EGM here on the forums.

https://forum.makeuptalk.com/f12...re-100823.html

I really understand you. the rant that I talked about here is not the first time regretfully. I hope nobody will need to deal with them. I sent the products back to EGM. take care!

Originally Posted by Freshface /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thank you Kiimuu. Thus far I have not had any problems with egm customer service. I just find their site so convoluted....maybe it's just me.
They sent me the 11-sample foundations @ $.01 with a $10 minimum purchase. I just finally found their $5 samples but it indicates that you will only receive 3-foundations, 1-blush and 1-finishing powder. I don't wear blush or finishing powders. I really just want another 11-sample set, just lighter shades. I just don't want to be required to make another minimum purchase.

Sorry for my late response! I got 16 samples for $3.75.. I got an extra of one of the colors though, haha. I sampled the Youthful Glow formulation.

Originally Posted by kiimuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif Sorry for my late response! I got 16 samples for $3.75.. I got an extra of one of the colors though, haha. I sampled the Youthful Glow formulation. No problem, I appreciate it. I haven't gotten a response to my email to them from Saturday. I went ahead and re-ordered another sample kit and left a message in the order for a recommendation to make sure I was ordering the right shades...they emailed two responses that my order was received, then confirmed....but that was it. So I called this morning; no answer, I left a message, no response yet.
On their voice-mail it states that the fastest way to get a response from them is via email...what a joke.

If I don't get the correct color shades this time, I'm not going to waste anymore time or money with EGM. I know now what some of the posters mean by their lack of response when it comes to certain matters.

i've never had any problem with EGM until now. i've orderd a sample of their mineral mousse foundation...and when it came i've opened the sample jar and the foundation was so stiff (like a rock), i couldn't get my finger in it...i don't know what i am going to do with it now...i think it is going to trash.

i hope that you understand what i am trying to say
wink.gif

did anyone had the same problem with mousse foundation??

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. So you could not even scrape the product out of the jar...it was rock-solid? That is another very unfortunate situation.

It sounds that perhaps they are not equipped to meet the excessive demands for their products, therefore, perhaps it is starting to effect the quality. I hope not, I would like for them to succeed. I'm not sure of the rate that mineral makeup can be mass-produced, if at all. But they should definitely hire a professional consultant...because aside from producing quality products, they don't seem to have a clue.

freshface, yes...it is exactly like you said... i could not even scrape the product out of the jar, it is rock-solid...i could only do it with a knife...but i can't put it on my face because it is solid, i tought that it is going to melt when i put it on my face...but that didn't happen. i'am very disappointed.

Originally Posted by Freshface /img/forum/go_quote.gif ...because aside from producing quality products, they don't seem to have a clue. I agree. I think their products are great and I would be sad if they didn't succeed because they don't know how to do business. It puts me off ordering from small companies when I read first glowing reviews or they have a great sale - they're rarely prepared for an influx of orders.
Some of them are though and have great CS - lots of former EDM customers are now looking for a new brand, most of them chose Silk Naturals and none of them had a problem. I also only heard good things about Adorned With Grace Minerals, Sassy Minerals, The All Natural Face and Lucy Minerals.

Originally Posted by loo /img/forum/go_quote.gif i've never had any problem with EGM until now. i've orderd a sample of their mineral mousse foundation...and when it came i've opened the sample jar and the foundation was so stiff (like a rock), i couldn't get my finger in it...i don't know what i am going to do with it now...i think it is going to trash.i hope that you understand what i am trying to say
wink.gif

Sorry to read that. the sold you a old product. I hope you understand. when I ordered a lot of mousse samples, and there some that I didn't use becasue its no my shade the becasue to be like a rock, the dried. in 2 weeks. so I think that the sample was old from the begining. I belive that the will fix it, and will send you a new sample, but if you will have one more problem you can forget about thier service. this is EGM. in the beginging the are the best, but if you have one more problem - you can forget about them. yackk! I hate them!

Originally Posted by loo /img/forum/go_quote.gif i've never had any problem with EGM until now. i've orderd a sample of their mineral mousse foundation...and when it came i've opened the sample jar and the foundation was so stiff (like a rock), i couldn't get my finger in it...i don't know what i am going to do with it now...i think it is going to trash.i hope that you understand what i am trying to say
wink.gif

i've sent them an email yeserday and they answered few hours later.

they said that they were sorry and they will send me another one.

this is very nice of them... so i think that their CS is becoming better.

I placed my first order with EGM on Jan 5th, and it was just shipped yesterday. I got the apology email, but it's almost too little, too late. I've been waiting 2 weeks on this order, and didn't hear a thing from them until last Saturday. Do they not understand that being an internet company, you HAVE to have good communication with your customers? As far as I knew, they could have just taken my money and ran. Since I've heard good things about the company, I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt. I was just expecting more from them, like expedited shipping or something. They definitely should have prepared better for having a sale like that. As soon as they realized there would be a delay, they should have sent out an email or posted something on their site, instead of leaving us in the dark.

Back