Egminerals - again

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a lot of appologizes from them.. its suck.

all the time the just have a bad CS and than the appoligze?

why we need to exept that?

ITA with you all. I am sorry so many of their customers seem to be having issues. They sent me a general email with an explanation and apology as well...yet no response to my direct emails to them. They said they wanted to clear-up the rumors and bad press they were getting from longtime well established customers, and don't want to lose new customers.......and they had an offer to purchase their company but refused to sell, etc.

They said they have 100's of emails in a 30day period, and that there is no way they can respond to each of them. They sent me a 20% coupon towards my ASSUMED next purchase. They said they are addressing their customer service issues (which I suggested in my last email to them) and looking into "live-chat" communications with customers to answer questions.

They gave me a schedule of delivery dates....and said these dates come with a guarantee and if the deadline is not met, they will include a free gift amounting to 10percent of the purchase. According to this, my order should have already been shipped yet I still have not gotten a shipping confirmation after two looooooooong weeks.

Lastly, they said they will be responding promptly to all emails when they are addressed "ATTENTION DIANE" in the address window. So I thought I'd try this to see if they would respond. I emailed them on Monday morning to request certain foundation shades that I want included with my order, since they ignored my request for assistance. As of today (Wednesday), they have not yet responded. Just a hit or miss I guess.

It seems they don't send shipping notifications. I never received it, but I got my package yesterday - in less than a month. I do often get my packages from America in two weeks, but quite often I have to wait for a month or more, so I'm not annoyed.

Originally Posted by marions /img/forum/go_quote.gif It seems they don't send shipping notifications. I never received it, but I got my package yesterday - in less than a month. I do often get my packages from America in two weeks, but quite often I have to wait for a month or more, so I'm not annoyed. What was the actual shipping date on the package? I have been tempted to buy from them, but keep getting put off by these threads. Just curious how long they are actually taking to get the packages to the Post office.
Not that I need another MMU company to buy from LOL, but you all know how it is
eusa_whistle.gif

Originally Posted by makeupbabe /img/forum/go_quote.gif What was the actual shipping date on the package? I have been tempted to buy from them, but keep getting put off by these threads. Just curious how long they are actually taking to get the packages to the Post office.
eusa_whistle.gif

I'm sorry, I didn't check and threw the envelope away. However, I ordered on Christmas Eve, the first business day was the 28th - so in fact I got it in three weeks. I rarely get my orders sooner than after two weeks, so I believe it couldn't have taken them more than a little over a week to ship my package.

I received a shipping confirmation email late this afternoon that my order HAS been shipped....finally. This is my 2nd order from them and each time I have rec'd a "shipping confirmation". Just have to go with there flow if we want their products I guess.

I'm going to ck my shipping date also, and can't wait to see if they send me the colors I requested. I wish I knew about all of this before I started this headache with them. I think once you know exactly what you want from them it's probably not an issue.

Originally Posted by makeupbabe /img/forum/go_quote.gif What was the actual shipping date on the package? I have been tempted to buy from them, but keep getting put off by these threads. Just curious how long they are actually taking to get the packages to the Post office.
eusa_whistle.gif

Please don't be discouraged from trying their products. Your experience may be totally different than what I have been experiencing. I had no problem with my 1st order. It was just when I purchased the wrong colors and asked for their help, that it became a problem. But if you know exactly what you want from them I would say "go for it". They have great quality products in my opinion. I think there are probably way MORE satisfied egm customers than not.

One unpleased costumer is over the line if you understand what I mean to say.

One costumer become to thousend.. think about that.

now I have a problem with this brand, tomorrow it can be you.

Being a business person myself I know that it is difficult to please "all of the people all of the time" so I have to show some consideration. I just happen to have fallen on the other end of what I think, are the minor few in this case. Just because my experience hasn't been so great with a particular company doesn't mean it will be that way with everyone. So I don't want to try to discourage others, or build allies just because I am disappointed. Apparently, there are many satisified egm customers. If I get a good color-match from them this time, I will re-order. So, to each his/her own.

Originally Posted by Freshface /img/forum/go_quote.gif Being a business person myself I know that it is difficult to please "all of the people all of the time" so I have to show some consideration. I just happen to have fallen on the other end of what I think, are the minor few in this case. Just because my experience hasn't been so great with a particular company doesn't mean it will be that way with everyone. So I don't want to try to discourage others, or build allies just because I am disappointed. Apparently, there are many satisified egm customers. If I get a good color-match from them this time, I will re-order. So, to each his/her own. I think that you are wrong. its not about the color foundations. it's about the service.

and as a business person you need to know that.

I think if the would do that to you .. you never wrote things like that.

and my point is that not everyone need to get a service like that..

Originally Posted by simisimi100 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think that you are wrong. its not about the color foundations. it's about the service.

and as a business person you need to know that.

I think if the would do that to you .. you never wrote things like that.

and my point is that not everyone need to get a service like that..

I'm sorry if I have offended you, I was not directing my post towards you or anyone in particular, it was a general statement. I don't fully understand your post, but with all due respect, you are entitled to your own opinion and that was mine. Good luck with your mmu quests.

eusa_whistle.gif

I rec'd my pkg today and the shipping date did jive with their shipping confirmation email. However, my foundation samples were not in the package as ordered. There was a sticky note that stated they are out of stock of these items, and they will ship in 5-7 business days.

I just ordered a bunch of samples from EGM because I heard such great things about it. I hope the shipping doesn't take forever. Anyone who is still ordering after Christmas...are the packages still taking a long time?

At this point I feel like I've been taken for a ride. Ordered on 1/5 and received it on 1/23. I also received the apology e-mail with promises of being more attentive. My order did not contain the samples I had ordered much less any kind of note stating they were out of stock. Mind you, I would not have ordered the other items had it not been for the $10 min. purchase! The package was a mess, powder all inside from the caps not being screwed tightly. I had to clean everything off just to see what was in the containers.

I e-mailed attn: to Diane on Tues. and still have not had any reply. Don't promise customers something(free samples), get their money for something else($10 min.) and then don't send anything except what they paid for! It borders on being dishonest. As I stated in an earlier post good customer service can be the difference in gaining a customer or losing a customer. I don't care how good your product is. Give me bad customer service, you lose my business. There's always another company waiting for your business!!

Originally Posted by jewel961 /img/forum/go_quote.gif At this point I feel like I've been taken for a ride. Ordered on 1/5 and received it on 1/23. I also received the apology e-mail with promises of being more attentive. My order did not contain the samples I had ordered much less any kind of note stating they were out of stock. Mind you, I would not have ordered the other items had it not been for the $10 min. purchase! The package was a mess, powder all inside from the caps not being screwed tightly. I had to clean everything off just to see what was in the containers. I e-mailed attn: to Diane on Tues. and still have not had any reply. Don't promise customers something(free samples), get their money for something else($10 min.) and then don't send anything except what they paid for! It borders on being dishonest. As I stated in an earlier post good customer service can be the difference in gaining a customer or losing a customer. I don't care how good your product is. Give me bad customer service, you lose my business. There's always another company waiting for your business!!

That sounds like terrible customer service. If you paid through paypal I suggest filing a dispute because your item wasn't as described. If you still have time do it ASAP.

I had no idea there were so many problems with their CS! I placed an order about two weeks ago, and when I received it one of the items (a lip gloss) was drastically different from what was pictured and described on the site. After looking into it, I realized they must have mislabeled the gloss as it matched a different one on the site perfectly. I emailed them about the problem and included pictures of what I'd received, and they responded to my email a couple days later saying they would send the correct gloss out right away. I received it yesterday, so that WAS super fast.

So I didn't really have what I'd consider a negative experience, but it really seems like they get things wrong a lot with orders. Now I'm kind of nervous to order from them in the future. I'm currently trying to find a match in their Cover Me foundation, but that's looking to be nearly impossible with all the shades they have available. I placed an order last week (should be arriving tomorrow) for lots more foundation samples, but I've decided that if I don't find a match with that I'm not going to keep trying. I refuse to pay $30 for samples in hopes of finding my match! (I know they have the free sample kits available but it hasn't been much help to me.)

Sorry to hear about your negative experience.
frown.gif
It's a shame when companies do that sort of thing.

I think it's a double edge sword. People miss the days when EDM was a smaller company. They don't like that they've gone from more of a "small business" feel to a company that no longer listens to the customers that put them on the map on the first place.

So people look to smaller companies and then are disappointed when they don't have the staff to answer every email or correct mistakes that are made.

I thought I just got an email saying that ownership of EG has changed. If so, maybe some of these problems will be fixed.

I've repurchased from them several times since my previous emails with no problems. They did mislabel one item, I emailed Diane and rec'd a response within 24hours. All of my recent deliveries have arrived in less than a week. As far as it concerns me, they have redeemed themselves (with me).

the send me Newsletter ever I wrote not to send me.

but there is no coment from them.

I think the don't respect thier costumers.

Okay I had typed a huge, long rant about how their website is down before their sale was supposed to be over. I just read the message on their page again and noticed that it DOES say, "If you wish to place an order during the sale email us and we will process." I still don't know how well that will work, since someone could try to send an email tomorrow stating they want to order, but who knows when someone would get back to them. I don't know how they will determine whether or not an order was placed within the sale time. Maybe just when the original email was sent?

Anyway, just wanted to fix my error... I guess that's what I get when I get angry without making sure I have all the facts!
eusa_wall.gif

Back