ELF Cosmetics

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly, I don't think their make up is that good, but their make up brushes are really really good. Better than most department store brushes.

Originally Posted by Kraezinsane /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think I am going to try out their glosses! Yeah, i'm going to try a whole bunch of lip glosses and am also thinking of trying their lip liners.
I would order lipstick, except i'm SUPER picky about lipstick.

My order came! i am in looove with the eyeliner pen, it saved my life! haha! I've tried countless other liquid eyeliners, and they either run or peel off. This one managed to stay on even through a nap! I also got the eyeshadow quads in punk funk & ...some brown mix. i love the punk funk, so bright! The brown quad is 2 way too dark black/browns, and 2 waay to light browns. i love the primer too! I didn't get the $3 mineral primer(they were out) but they're $1 primer is better than my mary kay so far! I haven't tried the eyelash curler(I'm a bit afraid- I've never used one!) But overall I'm looking forward to my next buy!

Oh I absolutely love E.L.F. I've ordered from them many times and have never been disappointed. It's amazing how much you can get for so little money, which is always nice! Their studio line is really nice. Definitely a step up from their general E.L.F. line, but all of it's good, especially when taking the price into consideration.

I wouldn't recommend their eye products. The only thing I've bought from there and liked were the eyeshadows, brushes & tools.

My favorite products are the studio brushes, the mineral shadows and the mineral lipsticks.  The glosses are great too in the regular and the studio line.  It is definitely hit or miss with Elf, but I've been very happy with their products and their low prices for the most part.  They run 50% off sales often and makes it easy to try a ton of stuff at once.

Personally I steer clear of such cheap products, because you never know how your skin will react to them and what they're made of! Not to mention lack of pigmentation and such =/

But then again, I could be wrong!

I think Studio brushes are worth it: powder brush, stippler, studio kabuki, angled eyeliner, big angled blending brush. ordinary chisel (complexion brush)  is also good. I also like the gel liners - I use them as colored bases (with eyeshadow primer underneath). 

Mineral eye shadows are quite nice, I recommend Socialite, Earthy, Royal and Confident. Mineral lipsticks have faint staying power (most of them, some of them are very creamy and pigmented)  but they're good as lip balms (Pouty Petal, Rosy Raisin). 

elements compact can be used with MAC singles (one needs sticky magnet to make them stick to the palette, it's not magnetized)

one dollar eye lash curler is a must-have. 

PS! To me the mineral eyeshadow primer has the most horrid smell, cant recommend it to people with delicate noses.

PPS! They have added a lot of new Mineral eyeshadows - two more blues, a new green etc... they really keep busy there over at e.l.f.

I like ELF, they have some great bargains.  Some of the things I've bought have been a bit crappy but I like the blushers, brushes, shimmering facial whip and the mineral lipsticks.  I've heard good things about their eye primer, which I plan to buy after I use up my existing tube of UDPP (now that they've confirmed UDPP's not vegan!
icon_cry.gif
)

I just saw ELF at target! I didn't know it was there now! I picked up the gel liners.. I like them! Not sure if other products are great though. Anyone have any really bad experiences with them?

Originally Posted by JaeLeep /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just saw ELF at target! I didn't know it was there now! I picked up the gel liners.. I like them! Not sure if other products are great though. Anyone have any really bad experiences with them?
We have two Targets in my area. The first one didn't have an ELF section until recently (they added on in March). The other because it was a newer store (built three years ago) they already had one. I rarely shop at that one because it's much further away (five miles away compared to a half mile of the first store). I'm glad my nearby Target finally has a section since ELF does have some nice stuff.

Their $1 palette refill eyeshadows are amazingly pigmented and blend super-easily - almost too smooth so be careful! Their Studio line is incredible. They have a lot of $3 products that are great in quality, rivaling those of higher end brands. I like the Studio blushes, especially Gotta Glow - it's called a blush but it's definitely to be used as a highlighter. The HD powder is really good as well.

I might have to pick some more stuff up for my kit then. So far I have seen people say their blushes are really nice. Thanks!

I haven't been disappointed with anything I've gotten from ELF (except maybe the empty primer bottle lol).  Its a great brand to try out for the price $$$$$

I'm new to makeup and I need some eyeliner. I'm getting an elf eyeliner but I'm not sure which one. My options are: Elf brightening eyeliner, mineral eyeliner, kohl eyeliner and the waterproof eyeliner pen. I'm just gonna tight line with it and it should lay the school day. What one should I buy? It should be easy to use, fairly long lasting and good for tight lining. Again I'm completely new to makeup so please help me out!

I used to REALLY REALLY REALLY love E.L.F. I was never able to see a sale without ordering. I bought an 11 pc. brush set like 2 years ago and I really really liked it, I had recently started using the powder brush as a foundation brush so I ordered another set of brushes, they were ALL different, the brush quality was lower, even the brushes themselves were smaller, less dense, SHED LIKE CRAZY, and all together not amazing, at the beginning I just blew it off figuring they just manufactured lower quality brushes for the promotion they had going on(the whole set for $2.13 with $25+ order). so I began to look for the powder brush by itself at target and other stores hoping they sold the old ones, I found one at TJ maxx for $2.69 and it was even WORSE! it was even SMALLER than before, even LESS dense, and all together horrible. now I scoff at their sale emails.

I had the same experience--ordered a bunch of ELF stuff in '09 that I loved, but those products are either no longer available or the quality has gone down. to this day I still use some of the $1 brushes from like four years ago, and they still don't shed. I tried a couple newer versions of the same ones, and they were so bad I just tossed them out.

Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I used to REALLY REALLY REALLY love E.L.F. . . I ordered anther set of brushes, they were ALL different, the brush quality was lower, even the brushes themselves were smaller, less dense, SHED LIKE CRAZY
ELF products are hit-or-miss, but I love everything from my last haul :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. IMO as long as you check reviews/swatches for products before buying, you probably won't be disappointed. I recently tried their jumbo lip gloss/eyeshadow sticks, their HD blushes, and their baked blushes. The HD blush is by far my favorite ELF product! 

I use the $1 ELF eyeshadow and angled blush brushes that I bought in '13 and I wash them after every single use, I've yet to have any shedding from any of them? The only issue I've noticed is the metal part on one of my blush brushes is coming loose. But at a $1 I'm okay with that!

I'm loyal to my ELF products that I've used and come to love. The studio bronzer is amazing with my skin and never makes me look horrible even though I can't contour AT ALL. The studio blushes are awesome, and the eyebrow kit is my HG eyebrow kit as of lately as well as the eyelid primer. I hate their eyeshadows I've yet to try one that is even close to pigmented.

I really want to try the setting spray and HD blushes sometime soon.

Has anyone else noticed the rise in the $1 line? I was at Kmart and I believe Target had the same thing also but a few of the $1 items are now $2...

Back