ELF Cosmetics

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by hiheather /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I really want to try the setting spray and HD blushes sometime soon.

Has anyone else noticed the rise in the $1 line? I was at Kmart and I believe Target had the same thing also but a few of the $1 items are now $2...
I don't know about the setting spray, which is pretty high up on my wish list, but the HD Blushes are amazing! They are so pigmented and a little goes a very long way.

Yeah my Target still has the $1 items for $1, but at my Kmart all the things that used to be $1 are $2. I wonder if it's like that online too? I guess I haven't looked recently.

My favorite ELF products are their eyeshadows. I have so many of them and so many different palletes. I think they're really pigmented and they work really well.

Also the Hypershine gloss. It's my go to lip gloss. Pretty colors, non sticky, and long lasting!

Originally Posted by smiletorismile /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't know about the setting spray, which is pretty high up on my wish list, but the HD Blushes are amazing! They are so pigmented and a little goes a very long way.

Yeah my Target still has the $1 items for $1, but at my Kmart all the things that used to be $1 are $2. I wonder if it's like that online too? I guess I haven't looked recently.

My favorite ELF products are their eyeshadows. I have so many of them and so many different palletes. I think they're really pigmented and they work really well.

Also the Hypershine gloss. It's my go to lip gloss. Pretty colors, non sticky, and long lasting!
I hope they offer the HD blushes in stores, I've yet to order on ELF site due to not wanting to pay shipping and I can never seem to come up with $25 worth of stuff for free shipping lol.

I've never had luck with their eyeshadows. I've had several of the palettes and trashed them I disliked them so much.

Setting spray: awesome Hd blushes: no opinions, have one, don't use it Price change: I know that some of their new products are $2, such as their jumbo eye shadow sticks and their jumbo lip gloss sticks. Idk about the kmart thing, the only one around here closed down.

WHAT ARE SOME WEBSITES WHERE I CAN BUY ELF MAKEUP TO SHIP TO CANADA ONLINE?????? LIKE THE ELF WEBSITE CHARGES TO MUCH FOR SHIPPING AND IT TAKES A WHILE TO ARRIVE AND I HAVE A SPECIAL EVENT IN LIKE 17 ISH DAYS!!!! 

WHAT ARE SOME WEBSITES WHERE I CAN BUY ELF MAKEUP TO SHIP TO CANADA ONLINE?????? LIKE THE ELF WEBSITE CHARGES TO MUCH FOR SHIPPING AND IT TAKES A WHILE TO ARRIVE AND I HAVE A SPECIAL EVENT IN LIKE 17 ISH DAYS!!!! 
If you are looking for stores in Canada, I've seen ELF at Winners almost everytime I go. So you could check there. I don't know about any online sites though, sorry.

I really love E.L.F. and the pricing can't be beat. I can never bring myself to buy it in store though because I can almost always manage to find a 50% off studio coupon and almost everything I want to buy is in their Studio line so I wait and stock up on a whole bunch of goodies about once a year, in fact I just got a big haul in for my birthday
rolleyes.gif

Definitely try to find swatches when trying to shop it online though because their swatches don't seem very accurate sometimes.

Not a bad haul, for $35 I got 18 items.

E.L.F has some hits, for sure. someof the brushes are phenomenal, and I love the eyelid primer. Some colors are amazing, but others aren't. Sorta hit or miss with the shadows.

Oh yea, the inconsistencies can be annoying but at the price I'm much more willing to write off a disappointment than at prestige brand prices and more willing to take a chance on a color or formula that I haven't tried. The shadow thing is the worst though and I think it becomes more obvious on something like their large palettes when you have varying quality in the same palette.

Quote: Originally Posted by tweakabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Oh yea, the inconsistencies can be annoying but at the price I'm much more willing to write off a disappointment than at prestige brand prices and more willing to take a chance on a color or formula that I haven't tried. The shadow thing is the worst though and I think it becomes more obvious on something like their large palettes when you have varying quality in the same palette.

Exactly. I have a 120 palette (I think it's 120...whatever, it's big) and someshadows are greatand others are just wastes of space! lol. But yeah, if you lose a dollar, it really isn't the end of the world!

Not like my KVD concealer I need to drive 1.5 hours to return (Her version of light w/pink undertones is incredibly beige and yellow on me! At that price- I'm getting my money back lol.)

I don't really like anything from ELF's $1 essentials line, most of the time I find the quality very lacking. But at a dollar, it's not big deal. However, I do love their Studio line. Their studio brushes are wonderful and at an unbeatable price! I also like their studio HD powder and pressed blushes. Unfortunately their studio lipsticks was a miss for me.

I have so many elf products that I love, and at such a low price, I really don't mind that they're hit or miss.

Quote: Originally Posted by Deareux /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I don't really like anything from ELF's $1 essentials line, most of the time I find the quality very lacking. But at a dollar, it's not big deal. However, I do love their Studio line. Their studio brushes are wonderful and at an unbeatable price! I also like their studio HD powder and pressed blushes. Unfortunately their studio lipsticks was a miss for me.

Every tried NYX lipsticks (especially the matte ones, for me at least)? I like them lots- and you can get them for cheap! (Right now at ulta they're 40% off)

I've been meaning to try some studio line brushes because everyone seems to love them, and I really need brushes!

Every tried NYX lipsticks (especially the matte ones, for me at least)? I like them lots- and you can get them for cheap! (Right now at ulta they're 40% off) I've been meaning to try some studio line brushes because everyone seems to love them, and I really need brushes!
I haven't tried NYX lipsticks, but I'll probably look into it since you mentioned matte. I love matte lipsticks! I hope my Ulta has them in stock. Last time I checked their lipstick section, they were out of a lot of things.

Quote: Originally Posted by Deareux /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haven't tried NYX lipsticks, but I'll probably look into it since you mentioned matte. I love matte lipsticks! I hope my Ulta has them in stock. Last time I checked their lipstick section, they were out of a lot of things.

I hate that. But that's why I love the internet...they usually have everything in stock online ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> That and I'm 1.5 hours away from...anywhere that sells nice things I can slap on my face. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Somebody said you don't know what they're made of, but they list all the ingredients online. Their mineral line makeup actually has really great ingredients. I use their mineral foundation and it has the exact same ingredients as Bare Minerals. Other than the foundation my favorite products of theirs is their Studio Body Shimmer (as a highlighter, it's not glittery- mostly glistening looking), Lip Exfoliator (with sugar granules, grape seed oil, avocado oil, etc.), and Blush/Bronzer Duo.

No one ever mentions their Studio Moisturizing Lipsticks! I have them in four colours and Red Carpet and Rosy-go-Round are perfect for any pale, blue-toned ladies that are looking for a red or magenta that won't wash them out.

I loved the colour of the kohl eyeliner (gunmetal) that I bought, but it irritated my eyes very badly and had no staying power.

Hello ladies :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> just wanted to inform all that elf has a sale goin on call coffee break for $20 reg $40. Til today but if you would like to mix and match there a promo code 198ship. $1.98 when you order $15 or more. I had to hold myself back cuz i just got my haul on last sale 50% off
18 item for $35. Have a great day. : ) Have fun

I haven't bought anything from ELF in a while, so I decided to check out what Target had today and noticed that they're now  charging more! Studio products are now $3.30something and $6.60something instead of $3 and $6. I know it's not THAT much more, but it still rubs me the wrong way.

Back