EM Cosmetics: Michelle Phan's new cosmetic line.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That international shipping sounds like a rip off to me. Really? Considering L'oreal as a global company, they can do better than that!

I've suggested sites like that to certain people who were witching about global shipping and what not- but they said that it's just too expensive/a hassle, and I don't blame them. I'm surprised EM hasn't gotten it together on this...to me it seems like it would be simple enough to do- But then again, perhaps there are restrictions on certain things which would cause trouble. But from my experience buying online (And I pretty much, minus produce, buy EVERYTHING online. It just makes more sense for me.) only certain countries (Italy comes to mind) seem to be troublesome.... Idk, maybe it's just their temporary fix while they sort it out.

I love Michelle and she inspired me to start a youtube channel and take makeup classes the whole 9 yards lol. We all suspected that the pricing was a bit high. And I think we should really remember that she launched a new brand (amazing) and she is living her dream (amazing) and she is...AMAZING!!! Lol. http://youtu.be/9yXhFB5i654 Can't wait for her store to open in NYC. http://

[@]zadidoll[/@] That all sounds quite confusing thank you, and insanely expensive in the end. I'm really surprised as someone else did, that since L'Oreal is an international brand that international shipping is such an issue, even if there are restrictions on some items. I know when Sleek first came to the US all the Acid iDevine palettes weren't allowed here and in Japan, so they just put a notation that those items couldn't be shipped to those particular countries, what's the big deal with doing that? It seems like once again EM is just trying to make as much money from their customers as possible by circumventing the laws of certain countries.

I love Michelle and she inspired me to start a youtube channel and take makeup classes the whole 9 yards lol. We all suspected that the pricing was a bit high. And I think we should really remember that she launched a new brand (amazing) and she is living her dream (amazing) and she is...AMAZING!!! Lol. http://youtu.be/9yXhFB5i654 Can't wait for her store to open in NYC. http://
She's playing her cards right in the money department for the time being. Ain't nothing wrong with that. Welcome to makeuptalk ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by WingIsFun /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The thing is that SHE didn't really launch a new brand...she more or less sold her name to L'Oreal...there's a big difference. Most of the em products are the same as Loreal products with her name slapped on it. I'm glad you love her, but I'm much more impressed by people who actually launch an Indie makeup line and don't just turn into a walking commercial.

That's not to say I don't think she's accomplished anything...she has done a great job of making a brand out of her name and marketing herself...it's just not the same thing as actually creating a new brand of makeup like they often imply.

Quote: Originally Posted by Prtylitlesyko /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@zadidoll

That all sounds quite confusing thank you, and insanely expensive in the end. I'm really surprised as someone else did, that since L'Oreal is an international brand that international shipping is such an issue, even if there are restrictions on some items. I know when Sleek first came to the US all the Acid iDevine palettes weren't allowed here and in Japan, so they just put a notation that those items couldn't be shipped to those particular countries, what's the big deal with doing that? It seems like once again EM is just trying to make as much money from their customers as possible by circumventing the laws of certain countries.
I worked at a well known company's warehouse that shipped internationally and items such as nail polish weren't allowed to be shipped overseas. The online store had notes on the nail polish to let int. shoppers know it couldn't be shipped but in the event that a customer put that item in their cart, we just didn't ship it and the customer was refunded for that/those items. I find it ridiculous that in this day and age that a company just doesn't ship internationally at all. Especially a company as big as L'oreal.

The thing is that SHE didn't really launch a new brand...she more or less sold her name to L'Oreal...there's a big difference. Most of the em products are the same as Loreal products with her name slapped on it. I'm glad you love her, but I'm much more impressed by people who actually launch an Indie makeup line and don't just turn into a walking commercial. That's not to say I don't think she's accomplished anything...she has done a great job of making a brand out of her name and marketing herself...it's just not the same thing as actually creating a new brand of makeup like they often imply.
Agree 100%. I had really hoped for her to create her own products- or at least hire some science geeks and be as much a part of the process as possible. But, I'm not surprised by the route she took, and that's fine too. Good for her.

Hello again everyone. lots of valid points above, I love the community here. So...random question but do you think the valentine day moments palette will go on sale? Because i'm definitely eyeing them...haha

Quote: Originally Posted by rbreit93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hello again everyone. lots of valid points above, I love the community here. So...random question but do you think the valentine day moments palette will go on sale? Because i'm definitely eyeing them...haha

Keep an eye on the weekends because typically that's been when they put stuff on sale. I'm waiting for the winter ones to drop more (it's dropped $4 from $29 to $25). Michelle sent me one of the Holiday Life palettes back in December but I don't have Ice Bunny which I'm eying. Thing is I'm cheap and I want to pay under $20 for the palette. lol

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Keep an eye on the weekends because typically that's been when they put stuff on sale. I'm waiting for the winter ones to drop more (it's dropped $4 from $29 to $25). Michelle sent me one of the Holiday Life palettes back in December but I don't have Ice Bunny which I'm eying. Thing is I'm cheap and I want to pay under $20 for the palette. lol

haha, no kidding, I don't blame you. but thanks for the tip! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Kind of frustrating to see that NONE of my reviews were ever put on up the website. Sure they were less than stellar, they certainly weren't OMGAWD THIS IS THE BEST THING EVAR!!! but I gave a fair assessment and didn't come off aggressive or anything. Simply I said the products didn't work for me and I was not happy with their performance. 

Four reviews... none of them were ever put up. 

Unfortunately [@]LaffingCow[/@] that is how this brand works.... and it's why I will not be purchasing anything from them until major improvements are made. If, by chance, you saved your reviews, you should definitely post them here. Then, at least, people can see them.

This seems a bit high for me but if it got rave reviews then I would be willing to shell out the money for it.  High quality does come at a high price sometimes and if it will make me look great then I will not balk at the money.

Quote: Originally Posted by angie828 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  This seems a bit high for me but if it got rave reviews then I would be willing to shell out the money for it.  High quality does come at a high price sometimes and if it will make me look great then I will not balk at the money.
Sometimes high quality does come at a high price, yes, but the general consensus is that the quality of most of the em products are not all that great.

Has anyone else seen this promotion?

When combined with the foundation off, this pricing may actually be doable for me.

For $35.00 I'm quite tempted......

Back