Excel spreadsheet for keeping track of stash

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow...you guys amaze me! I've never even thought of putting all my stuff in a spreadsheet. The thought of all that work.....yikes!

Originally Posted by geeko /img/forum/go_quote.gif ok drop me a pte with your email add? i did
smile.gif

Hi,

I'm glad that I use a spreadsheet now. I only had a couple of items on Makeup Tracker, then I hear in this thread it crashed.

I use Excel for all my stuff. I have one for hair stuff, skin stuff and I'm working on the one for my makeup. I use one book for each stash and then a different sheet for each category.

For example, in the hair stash book, I have shampoos on the first sheet, conditioners on the second sheet, and styling products on the third. I keep everyting listed in alphabetical order by the brand and I update it when I finish something or buy something new.

If you don't have Excel, google has its own spreadsheet and documents program. Since its web based, you can access it from any computer too. I really need to start keeping track of all of my products. Great idea!

i never thought of doing a thing about my mu, but that's a great idea. excel is a good friend, and i can use access, so i guess i'll try the two.

Good info guys. Until now I was using Microsoft works, listing one by one evry product on my kit which I haven't been good on updating it as I keep upgrading my kit.

The Excel spreadsheet really makes sense.

11a.gif

This is a great idea. Ofc, I'm such a lazy person...and I'm actually scared to tally up all the stuff I have, knowingly I must've spent well over $800 on cosmetics! lol

Originally Posted by broken /img/forum/go_quote.gif Here's a good threadhttps://forum.makeuptalk.com/f11...you+keep+track

Anyway I use Excel too. 3 columns, 1 for the brand, 1 for the color name and the 3rd for what the product is (shadow, liner, gloss etc.)

Though I've had to have 3 separate documents cause I have too much stuff so I have one doc for lip products, 1 for face products and one for eyes.

I do it in alphabetical order by brand then w/in the brand alphabetically too.

But I just recently listed all my stuff in my notepad so I'll be using that more.
satisfied.gif

Thanks for the tip!
handkuss.gif
My stash is still fairly small, but this is definitely something I would like to have in the long run!

I have never thought about doing this but my stash in not that big yet.

Originally Posted by geeko /img/forum/go_quote.gif i'm using excel...i've formated the cells to keep track how how much of a certain colour i own and how much i've spent so far on the product category
this is my spreadsheet for e/s...

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c6...sinventory.jpg

i love your layout. i see you have it for both eyeshadows and brushes. can i have a copy of your layouts?

Back