Excel spreadsheet for keeping track of stash

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't really thought that much into it! I will have to look into starting this now when my stash is still somewhat small. I don't want to wait until I have lots and lots to enter into the computer! Great idea!

hi macfeen,

as i have less than 50 posts, i can't send a pte to u...i just wanted to let u know that i've sent the spreadsheet over to your email.

It might get a tad confusing...so if u have any questions...just feel free to email me back...

Only a month? no girl you should try longer like 2 mos so you can actually see how much you spend.

I just made a new excel sheet. I figured i kept buying the same stuff and yes i was extremely bored last night. lol I have not added my eye shadows yet. Ill do it another day.

Originally Posted by noahlowryfan /img/forum/go_quote.gif i use makeupalley.com's diary. thats where i keep track of all the stuff i buy. I kinda started using this too.

A Single Place For All Your Notes! | EverNote Corporation

Quote:

It allows you to cut and paste directly from outlook and firefox with out having to swap between applications. Each paste is it's own entry and you can go back and add keywords/tags. The entire file is a searchable database.

I have never used it before, it sounds promising though.

I am thinking of starting to track my goods.

I recently made a spreadsheet. There's a sheet for face, lips, eyes, tools/accessories, other, and MAC. Then each sheet has the brands, and then what I own in alphabetical order.

I have a notebook for my makeup inventory, and each category gets a page (eyeliners, lip gloss, lip stick, blush, etc).

I literally just did this on Sunday for all the products I have received from sub boxes the past 6 months.  I have a closet full of unopened products and felt it was time to get a grip on what I really owned. I was surprised at the amount, and value of everything I have accumulated in only 6 months! The spreadsheet will be a great way to organize how I will use or give away the items.

Quote: Originally Posted by Last Contrast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I used to have a spreadsheet with brand, makeup type, name, and review notes but then I realised I really wanted to connect a swatch/product shot to each entry so I've I just developed an app for my phone. It's just got approved for the app store and is free for the next week. If you are interested the link is here (https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/my-makeup-collection/id689768608?mt=8) It's a lot easier than google docs or excel for using on my ipad/phone when I am out and about :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Just downloaded it! It's cute. Haven't done much on it since it's like almost 3AM here and I really should be going to bed, but looks easy enough.

Quote: Originally Posted by Last Contrast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I used to have a spreadsheet with brand, makeup type, name, and review notes but then I realised I really wanted to connect a swatch/product shot to each entry so I've I just developed an app for my phone. It's just got approved for the app store and is free for the next week. If you are interested the link is here (https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/my-makeup-collection/id689768608?mt=8) It's a lot easier than google docs or excel for using on my ipad/phone when I am out and about :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Will this be available on the Google Play Store for android phones?

You have a fabulous problem. I wish I had a stash big enough I needed to track it. Sorry, no advice to tracking. I'm an excel junky. I just love this thread. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by LeMondeBeaute /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  You have a fabulous problem. I wish I had a stash big enough I needed to track it. Sorry, no advice to tracking. I'm an excel junky. I just love this thread. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Sometimes these big (Or rather HUGE) stashes get overwhelming, lol. Like, it's fun and all, but good lord...I don't need 16 purple eyeliners. I look at other peoples "Just enough" and I'm like, "Look how organized and lovely! I bet she can ALWAYS find what she wants!" =p

And I'm taking a computer class right now...the last thing I want to see is Excel in my free time lol.

I think that's a brilliant idea I never though of doing that. Anyway thanks to this thread I spent all day yesterday tracking my eyeshadows. Never realised that I had 40 single eyeshadows!

Here's my page

I also added price and price per gram to see which brands offer great value and which eyeshadows are great in general. It makes it really easy to narrow it down. Here's just my purples for example.

Anyway if anybody is interested just message me with your email I can send you a template. I'm still working on the the other tabs. I will also include date of purchase for my foundations to make sure nothing goes rancid.

HTH

I use Open Office, which is free. I just started making a spread sheet for my lip products (since I started reviewing those) and I have fields for: brand, collection, shade, price, store (where I bought it), shade (description), texture (shimmer, matte, etc), coverage (sheer to opaque, rated 1 - 5), pigment (rated 1 - 5), scent (as in does it have a scent, again rated 1 - 5), and my own personal rating from 1 - 5. I really need to finish it up and do some of my other products too, especially blushes and eyeshadows.

I use evernote, which is also free. There isa  desktop version, browser version, and app. I just have a notebook titled make up and one titled nail polish, I take a picture of the item and swatch, then tag it with descriptive terms, such as product type/color/finish/etc. I title it the items name, and then when I'm shopping and i swatch something on my arm, I just pull out my phone and look at the other swatches under the tags for lipgloss and pink or whatever. It has helped me not buy so many duplicates because my stash is out of control. It took months to complete though. I wish there was an app that scanned bar codes and built the "archive" or "database" for me. 

Quote: Originally Posted by ttanner2005 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Will this be available on the Google Play Store for android phones?

Oh yes, by the end of the month :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Just working on it now...

Back