Eye Lash Curler?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having a hard time using lash curlers my lashes never curl! Literally!!! I have them permed =). It last about 2-3months at a time.
You can actually get your eyelashes permed? Is that safe?

Yup i have them permed regularly =) its safe haven't gone blind yet =) they just ask me to take out my contacts and thats about it. The process take about 1hr ( some they take about 30 mins. My hair is just doesn't cooperate that well.) most of you are in the U.S. FDA has not made a stand yet on eyelash perming... But if you want to try it make sure have a professional do it. Never try it at home! http://www.ehow.com/about_4622942_eyelash-perming-safe.html

My eyelash is very short, I have been looking for a suitable for their own eyelash clip, can make your eyelashes longer and make my eyes bigger

I have been using the free eyelash curler from the Julep March 2013's box and I absolutely love it. It doesn't have edges on it and doesn't leave you with "crimped" lashes. You can also see where your lashes are before squeeze to curl them. Good luck to ya!!!

I take back my Chella recommendation. I've been through 2 & neither have lasted more than a few weeks. My first one went through about a battery a week & my 2nd one stopped working after I finished one eye this morning. The light doesn't work on either of them. I'm going to try the Blinc one next. Hopefully that one will be worth the extra money.

Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I take back my Chella recommendation. I've been through 2 & neither have lasted more than a few weeks. My first one went through about a battery a week & my 2nd one stopped working after I finished one eye this morning. The light doesn't work on either of them. I'm going to try the Blinc one next. Hopefully that one will be worth the extra money.
I'm dying to try the Blinc. Can you please let me know how it works out for you??? Thanks so much!!!

Originally Posted by JMPENTERPRISES /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm dying to try the Blinc. Can you please let me know how it works out for you??? Thanks so much!!!
I'm liking the Blinc eyelash curler more than the Chella one.  I received it right after submitting my previous reply.  I've used it daily and, unlike my Chella ones, it actually heats up every single time I use it.  According to Chella's president, I may have received a faulty one the first time.  However, the replacement one was just as bad (if not worse).  I hope I didn't just jinx myself and my Blinc eyelash curler remains fully functional for a while.  So far so good though.

the best one out there now-a-days would be the one by shu eumura but it is expensive as hhheeellll.

Originally Posted by casey235 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

~ Thanks for this great post!... I am always looking for tips about eyelashes, mascara, as I have really such super straight lashes and when I curl my lashes and they last, my eyes look bigger and gorgeous..   I so love sharing with others about great products I have tried ~ The best ever`` eyelash curler I have ever found is the Hot Lashes eyelash curler, makeup Artist kit. Loved the reviews on Amazon and was impressed. There is also a site of the same name HotLashes.com.   This curler is exactly like the gold Shu Uemura curler with a great 24K gold plated curler and this small pink heater base. Keeps my straight lashes curling till the next day....and no crimp, only a curl..I so love this one and HTH~

Just checked out the website and that thing looks amazing! lol.  could be a good promo video but I think I might have to try out its claims... lol

The reason it's clipping your eyelashes is probably because the bottom part (the squishy rubber part) has a rip in it, so when you squeeze your lashes theyre getting caught in the slit and cut off. Happened to me too! Either replace the bottom or get a new one. And don't waste your money on a heated curler, just hold your metal one in front of your blow dryer for a few seconds then use it. Works like a charm!

Can any one help recomend me a great heated curler for my lashes bcuz my eyelashes are super flat &straight
I recently began using my blow dryer to heat my eyelash curler. I roll the top part so that metal cools and won't burn me. I do this twice for each eye. Eyelashes will stay curled through the day without mascara and will remain curled til the next day.

Originally Posted by MzMaRiN /img/forum/go_quote.gifI recently began using my blow dryer to heat my eyelash curler. I roll the top part so that metal cools and won't burn me. I do this twice for each eye. Eyelashes will stay curled through the day without mascara and will remain curled til the next day.
I've been using my blowdryer to heat my eyelash curler since high school, and yeah - it works great. I've always just bought the Revlon regular metal eyelash curlers. That brand seems to suit my eye shape well. I tried a Sally Hansen one once and it was awkward and awful. And the heated lash curlers just look scary and confusing to me!

I use the Shu Uemura. Classic, works great. If you want heat, just hold it under the blow dryer for a few! 

I use the Shu Uemura. Classic, works great. If you want heat, just hold it under the blow dryer for a few! 
And I thought I invented that trick 19 yrs ago... Just kidding. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Just be sure to let the metal curlers cool for 2 seconds, to prevent a burn to your lids. That's why the plastic curlers were made... To prevent any potential burning, even at high heat from your blow dryer.

I keep hearing about the Shu Uemura. Is it worth the investment?  How do you think it would be different than my Revlon curler?

Can't really answer that...it's the only curler I've used. 

That said, I bought it years ago when I thought I was hot stuff and flush with cash. Oh those were the days...

I imagine that just about any reputable brand will give you the same effect for a fraction of the cost. 

Back