Eye Lash Curler?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the heated Mirenesse curler & the kevyn aucoin lash curler. I absolutely love the kevyn aucoin one. I will forever swear by it.

REVLON is one i have used n works for me .

I got heated kind (with battery) which never worked for me ,hated it.

The Shu Uemura one is my favorite. I own both the 24K gold and the regular. The issue is they don't sell replacement pads for it (they want you to buy a new curler - grrrr!) but you can sometimes find pads that will fit. It's just not as good as the original.

I am asian and have flatter eyes, so I find the Shu to be less curved than some other ones I've used (i.e. Revlon - this was my go-to brand when I was younger before I discovered the "fancy" Shu).  It fits my eyes perfectly and I never pinch myself. I have tried other Japanese curlers (a shiseido one, Maquillage) that seems to get closer to the base of my lashes, but I almost always pinch myself with that one. I have gone back to the Shu for now.  One thing that I love about it is the fat rubber pad - the width of it helps keep the curl soft rather than a sharp bend.

I have heard the Shiseido eyelash curler (Sephora sells it) is very similar to Shu's - same curvature but slightly shorter...(?)  I read this in a review somewhere in the blogosphere.  I have also heard that the Sephora brand is similar as well - I have yet to try that out though.

I don't believe that there is 1 that fits all - if you have a rounder eye then I can see rounder lash curlers working better for you.

Oh - also something to keep in mind - if you're in the US and you order from their website, you may be charged a foreign transaction fee by your credit card company.  This is because they are located in Canada.  I know this from experience... just a heads up.

Originally Posted by Racheling /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey ya'll... I gave Shiseido a try... 
Shiseido is the only curler that has not pinched me and it gives unreal curl with minimal effort! Love it!

I use a Tweezerman lash curler and couldn't believe the difference it made in the quality and lasting power of my curl.  I used to use Revlon's curler, and I had no idea how rounded it was until I tried Tweezerman's.  I'm sure some people's eyes are better suited to Revlon's curler though.  

Incidentally, I broke down and ordered the Shu Uemura curler a few days ago.  Can't wait until it gets here!

Originally Posted by swatchLikeaBoss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I use a Tweezerman lash curler and couldn't believe the difference it made in the quality and lasting power of my curl.  I used to use Revlon's curler, and I had no idea how rounded it was until I tried Tweezerman's.  I'm sure some people's eyes are better suited to Revlon's curler though.  

Incidentally, I broke down and ordered the Shu Uemura curler a few days ago.  Can't wait until it gets here!
Are you my long lost twin?!  That sums up exactly what I was going to write lol.
roflmao.gif

I switched to Tweezerman recently from Revlon, and LOVE their curler! (I found mine at Bed Bath and Beyond, and used a 20% off coupon, so it was pretty cheap!)

I've had my eye on the Shu Uemura curlers though and have been waiting to get my hands on one! What website did you order from if you don't mind my asking? 

(Side note, I also have a heated curler, but I'm not as crazy about it since it doesn't curl my lashes well before I apply mascara.)

Originally Posted by LydiaNichole /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Are you my long lost twin?!  That sums up exactly what I was going to write lol.
roflmao.gif

I switched to Tweezerman recently from Revlon, and LOVE their curler! (I found mine at Bed Bath and Beyond, and used a 20% off coupon, so it was pretty cheap!)

I've had my eye on the Shu Uemura curlers though and have been waiting to get my hands on one! What website did you order from if you don't mind my asking? 

(Side note, I also have a heated curler, but I'm not as crazy about it since it doesn't curl my lashes well before I apply mascara.)
Ha, well you know what they say about great minds! 
icon_wink.gif

I ordered the Shu Uemura curler via their USA website.  I placed the order on August 24, it shipped August 29, and it's due to arrive on Sept 3.  Kind of slow, but c'est la vie.

I love my Revlon one, but I do tend to pinch if I'm not careful. Just got the sheseido and love that it is a bit more compact for my make up bag on the go. Bought the travel Sonia Kashuk one, but it's useless!

Back