Eye Shapes - What do you have?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone tell me my eye shape? I'm wearing zero makeup (obviously haha). I find my eyelids very annoying, they don't look the same and it's hard to do the eyeliner, cause if I apply it the same, it looks wonky cause my eyes are wonky... Doing cat eyes is also really hard since my one eyelid seems "bigger" or fatter, and the wing then drags downwards.

Originally Posted by Eva Papoutsi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh my, this can be so confusing... the video was a little helpful though!

I think mine are almond, a little bit close set and a little prominent.. what do you girls think? This will come in handy when searching eye makeup tutorials ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Your eyes are really similar to mine, except that mine are green. Your estimation is the same as mine. But, I think when one has big eyes, as we both do, they look closer together than they would, if they were smaller.

Originally Posted by Moonittude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Your eyes are really similar to mine, except that mine are green. Your estimation is the same as mine. But, I think when one has big eyes, as we both do, they look closer together than they would, if they were smaller.
You're so lucky... I wish my eyes were green!
rolleyes.gif

I've never noticed what you say about big eyes looking closer together, but I have noticed that when someone's eyes are wide set they look bigger than they really are (an optical illusion maybe?)!

I'm confused because I thought I was deep set but looks a bit hooded and that video says you can't be both?

Mine are a combination of deep set, slightly down-turned (makes me look so sad when I'm not smiling! lol seriously! I have complete strangers come up to me all the time when I'm not smiling, but still happy and they say: Smile! It's not so bad!) and mine are slightly close together.
How annoying! That is just like me. Mine turn down, so I appear sad as well. My 6-yr old has the same sad eyes, but they look slightly more sad because they're blueish. I used to have people make comments abt how depressed I looked yrs ago, but not anymore. Probably because I'm older, I guess. When I was working and in college, I used to get them all the time- "smile!" Or a personal pet peeve of mine: "are we having fun yet"?

Originally Posted by Hellocat4 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How annoying! That is just like me. Mine turn down, so I appear sad as well. My 6-yr old has the same sad eyes, but they look slightly more sad because they're blueish. I used to have people make comments abt how depressed I looked yrs ago, but not anymore. Probably because I'm older, I guess. When I was working and in college, I used to get them all the time- "smile!" Or a personal pet peeve of mine: "are we having fun yet"?
OMG YES. That one too lol I've learned to just constantly look amused no matter what because then I don't look sad
laughno.gif

So anyone want to tell me what eye shape I have? I only know how to put eye shadow on my lids and would like to learn the right method that looks good on me.

Btw, I'm an art student in college.

I have normal/almond eyes

Randoms about my eyes: My eyes are all kinds of messed up - I have astigmatism and lazy eye (doesn't show up in some photos). My lashes on my right eye are shorter than the lashes on my left eye (this makes applying mascara a pain in the butt - so I skip it sometimes). I guess we all have things we hate about ourselves but those things make us unique.

Back