Eye Shapes - What do you have?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by corvettekrista /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks StudioMakeup. I know I've arched them too much. I sometimes feel like they're little caterpillars and tend to over-wax up there. I'll try to ease back into letting the arch start later. I've never done false lashes, do they damage the eye area at all? 
Any time I love eye brows!!!! I really think the fullness of your eyebrows is beautiful never let them get too thin.

Beautiful brows make a more beautiful America.

I'm not sure if Almond. Just woke up (in this shot) by the way so my eyes are like that. hehehe. What do you think?

Originally Posted by sachi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not sure if Almond. Just woke up (in this shot) by the way so my eyes are like that. hehehe. What do you think?
If you get a better photo in some light I'll tell you.

According to the picture, my eyes are almond shaped, and according to the video, they're standard shaped. I think so, anyway. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by banapple /img/forum/go_quote.gif

lol my eyes do not apply to any description in the photo. The Asian eyes is too generalized! 

I agree! I'd say my eyes are almond shaped, but I definitely don't have the huge creases that are in the pic - I have teensy little creases that's completely hooded 9 days out of 10. Once in a while they'll decide to peek out, but it'll always be one or the other so I look slightly unhinged on those days. A few of my cousins have no crease at all, while others have really big eyes and creases.

Wow I really don't know how to feel about the "Asian eyes" thing. Of course all Asians have the same eyes so we should lump them all together. That's a great idea.

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow I really don't know how to feel about the "Asian eyes" thing. Of course all Asians have the same eyes so we should lump them all together. That's a great idea.
I've actually had people tell me I don't look like a full Asian because my eyes aren't slanted upwards. Just.. wow. Some people just don't think before they open their mouths.

Originally Posted by Chardonnay90s /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think my shape is more cat-like and maybe a lili wide-set but idk u guys tell me
You have large eyes (my favorite to work on) I don't know about a cat shape , my cat is ugly and you don't look like her! 

If you keep the liner darker at the outside corner and lighten up on the amount at the inside on the lower lash line you eye makeup will look more polished and your eyes will pop!

Your liner on the top looks great.

Originally Posted by norther /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree! I'd say my eyes are almond shaped, but I definitely don't have the huge creases that are in the pic - I have teensy little creases that's completely hooded 9 days out of 10. Once in a while they'll decide to peek out, but it'll always be one or the other so I look slightly unhinged on those days. A few of my cousins have no crease at all, while others have really big eyes and creases.
I have worked on so many asian women and they don't all look alike nor do their eyes.

I think I have the turned down/droopy eyes with a mixture of hooded, and I hate it. :/...

I have very almond-shaped eyes. It's always been one of my defining characteristics. They're small though, which I dislike, especially since I've got a big nose.

My younger sister has the biggest eyes, and it's really funny because when she smiles they become very Asian-like...so she says that's when she looks Asian! (She is part Chinese, so there's a reason she says it -- she's not saying it to be racist, mean or anything else).

I have normal eyes. lol. except for the fact that since I have astigmatism in my left eye, its more oblong than my normal right eye. lol. but my winged liner always looks exceptional on my left eye. my right eye drags a little. lol. however, my super lovely friend, Mary, has prominant eyes, no doubt about it.

Mine are a combination of deep set, slightly down-turned (makes me look so sad when I'm not smiling! lol seriously! I have complete strangers come up to me all the time when I'm not smiling, but still happy and they say: Smile! It's not so bad!) and mine are slightly close together.

Back