Eye Shapes - What do you have?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Always been told I have almond eyes. I suppose I do after seeing that chart.

Originally Posted by Maruschke /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think I have hooded eyes, what do you ladies think?

Yes, I'd also say you have hooded eyes. You remind me so much of Kirsten Dunst. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have eyes. two of them!

Idk, I'm just going to post pictures and let you guys tell me. I am so bad at this stuff!

That's me with the big bro on top (check out my grey hairs!)

and me, looking like a goofball on the bottom. That is my "stop taking my picture because I have to pee and the dog is drooling on my feet" face.

Originally Posted by Maruschke /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think I have hooded eyes, what do you ladies think?

I couldn't tell you, I got distracted by the adorable baby! her face in that last picture is PRICELESS, like "yeah, wanna mess? do ya?"

I think I have almond/asian eyes. Its hard to know how to do my eye shadow so I keep it simple or use none.

Oh my, this can be so confusing... the video was a little helpful though!

I think mine are almond, a little bit close set and a little prominent.. what do you girls think? This will come in handy when searching eye makeup tutorials ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Mine are definitely almond! (avatar pic)

Am I the only one who is totally perplexed? I think I have deep set eyes? Maybe?

Idk! Things like this make me feel like such a bad female. I'm like "Jeez, why don't you know your eye shape Molly?" lol

Quote: Originally Posted by MollyC2153 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Am I the only one who is totally perplexed? I think I have deep set eyes? Maybe?

Idk! Things like this make me feel like such a bad female. I'm like "Jeez, why don't you know your eye shape Molly?" lol

That's how I feel about my face shape and skin type.  Most of the time you usually just don't fit perfectly into any type.  

Originally Posted by Laebeth /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's how I feel about my face shape and skin type.  Most of the time you usually just don't fit perfectly into any type.  
I am a wide-eyed pumpkin head. That's a type, right?

As for skin type. right now I am "red like lobster" soon to be "tan-ish"

In my opinion, it looks like you have more deepset eyes, that hooded eyes. From the pictures, your browbone looks pretty flush against the plane of your face, but your eye sockets look set further back. But that is just my opinion :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> You and your family are gorgeous!

I have non-hooded, close set eyes. They're definitely deep-set, but they also seem to protrude somewhat from where they're seated? Is that possible? lol

Ah!  Genius topic for real time opinions.  I got places to go this weekend :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So what do you guys think my eye shape is?  I'm thinking almond/asian.  Just asian?  Any other attributes?  I hope I'm not too close to the camera giving me a fish bowl effect.

I, too, would like to start experimenting with dramatic eye makeup.  But some of them are just BAD (haha).  Or even experimenting with changing the shape of my eyes, but I'd like to know what shape my eyes are first.

Thanks in advance!  (I'd help some of the other gals in here, but I'm starting to get confused >_< )

I watched the Goss video (so informative I LOVE him! I love how his videos are so to-the-point!) and I think I just have standard eyes! LOL When my eyes are open you can see a bit of lid all the way across, but not a ton like deepset eyes (Lauren Clark has some of the most gorgeous deepset eyes I've ever seen!) and they're neither wideset nor close set - although they may lean a little closer to wideset, in part perhaps only visually because I usually wing out my eyeliner which makes them look wider set too.

Agreed, Goss is AWESOME. I still can't figure mine out. I was staring at myself in the mirror for a while before going "I still don't know!" I think mine are deep set? You can see a lot of my brow bone.

Originally Posted by MollyC2153 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Me too! I've been wondering for years about my eye shape so I could better apply eye shadow. Anyone want to tell me what mine are? I am fairly certain they are deep-set, but would mine classify as hooded as well? You can only see my eyelids near the inner corner of my eye, although it's worse on one side than the other. When I raise my eyebrows up you can see my lids...

I never know how to apply shadow (although I do give a valiant effort at times), and when I've had my makeup done at a makeup counter, I feel like it always looks weird/harsh. I think I have an abnormally large span of skin between my crease and my brow, which means I have to carry my crease shadow up into that expanse. My old standby is Sin on the inside and Toasted on the outsides of my eyes (Urban Decay Naked Palette), but I get tired of the same look every day. Suggestions?

(click the pics to see closer)

Originally Posted by MyriadVoices /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Me too! I've been wondering for years about my eye shape so I could better apply eye shadow. Anyone want to tell me what mine are? I am fairly certain they are deep-set, but would mine classify as hooded as well? You can only see my eyelids near the inner corner of my eye, although it's worse on one side than the other. When I raise my eyebrows up you can see my lids...

I never know how to apply shadow (although I do give a valiant effort at times), and when I've had my makeup done at a makeup counter, I feel like it always looks weird/harsh. I think I have an abnormally large span of skin between my crease and my brow, which means I have to carry my crease shadow up into that expanse. My old standby is Sin on the inside and Toasted on the outsides of my eyes (Urban Decay Naked Palette), but I get tired of the same look every day. Suggestions?

(click the pics to see closer)

I think your analysis sounds right, but I suck at this stuff. Mine kind of look like yours, but lets hooded. Regardless, you're super pretty!

Back