Eye Shapes - What do you have?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not 100% sure, but it's interesting seeing the different shapes. I want to know what mine are!

Post a pic...

Originally Posted by CoverGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not 100% sure, but it's interesting seeing the different shapes. I want to know what mine are!

My eyes are almond and hooded. I really like my eyes, but sometimes its difficult for my eyes to stand out at all, because my eyelids are covered, and I also wear glasses.

I have so much trouble with eye make up. About all I can wear before adding twenty years to my face is a bit of eyeliner starting above my pupil and extending out, and a little highlighter. Well, I am 43, but I try to look around 25, lol. I wear mascara on the top lashes only as well. 

What is my eye shape, and any tips for wearing eye makeup?

Originally Posted by corvettekrista /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have so much trouble with eye make up. About all I can wear before adding twenty years to my face is a bit of eyeliner starting above my pupil and extending out, and a little highlighter. Well, I am 43, but I try to look around 25, lol. I wear mascara on the top lashes only as well. 

You look great! I wouldn't have guessed 40's! I think you are like me, with hooded eyes. I read somewhere once that the older you get, the less color you should wear. Your neutral makeup and your good genes combine to make you look 30 at most! You're doing it right as far as I'm concerned!

I have deep set and close set eyes.  Even though I hate that they are so close together, I do think my eyes are my best feature.  I like them being deep set because I feel like I have a lot of real estate to work with! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think you have prominent,  wide set, almond shaped eyes and they are beautiful.  I wish I had them.  

Can anyone tell me what eye shape they think I am? I was thinking either deep set or prominent but I really can't tell.

Sorry for the horrible quality - this is from just now (no makeup and haven't done my eyebrows eek!) with my webcam. I have a lazy eye so taking this was difficult! Apparently every real picture I have of myself, like my avatar, is taken from the side... odd.

Originally Posted by stjohnx3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Can anyone tell me what eye shape they think I am? I was thinking either deep set or prominent but I really can't tell.

Sorry for the horrible quality - this is from just now (no makeup and haven't done my eyebrows eek!) with my webcam. I have a lazy eye so taking this was difficult! Apparently every real picture I have of myself, like my avatar, is taken from the side... odd.
I'd say you have slightly prominent eyes. They are beautifully downturned. I bet you can pull off some beautiful shadow looks!

Originally Posted by MyriadVoices /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'd say you have slightly prominent eyes. They are beautifully downturned. I bet you can pull off some beautiful shadow looks!
Thank you! I love playing with eyeshadows with them and I'm really hoping to learn some new tricks!

Your eyes are nowhere near protruding, they are round. 

When you see someone with protruding eyes it looks as if their eyes will pop out of their head if you slap them on the back. In profile the lid will protrude much more than the brow area. 

Originally Posted by corvettekrista /img/forum/go_quote.gif

As you have a hooded eye the best thing to do is false lashes, singles or demi's it will really open up the eye area with out it looking like a lot of makeup, and our lashes thin out as we age so they help with the youthful look you are going for. Be careful with the light as light will make areas look as if they are protruding more.

Your camera right brow ( your left ) arches too soon on the underneath side it should arch somewhere between the outside of your iris to the out side corner of the eye, when they arch too soon it makes the eye appear sad or droopy.

Originally Posted by stjohnx3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You have a large round eye they are not even close to being deep set, a deep set eye you would never see any of your lash line it would be hidden.

Originally Posted by MyriadVoices /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Me too! I've been wondering for years about my eye shape so I could better apply eye shadow. Anyone want to tell me what mine are? I am fairly certain they are deep-set, but would mine classify as hooded as well? You can only see my eyelids near the inner corner of my eye, although it's worse on one side than the other. When I raise my eyebrows up you can see my lids...

I never know how to apply shadow (although I do give a valiant effort at times), and when I've had my makeup done at a makeup counter, I feel like it always looks weird/harsh. I think I have an abnormally large span of skin between my crease and my brow, which means I have to carry my crease shadow up into that expanse. My old standby is Sin on the inside and Toasted on the outsides of my eyes (Urban Decay Naked Palette), but I get tired of the same look every day. Suggestions?

(click the pics to see closer)

Your eyes are deep set and the best colors to use are neutrals a taupe starting at the socket line and fading before you get to the brow area. For your eye the best way to dress it up is a false lash perhaps some individuals or a subtle strip.

You have great eyes however your camera left brow ( your right ) starts too far out and both brows should start a little closer in. Measure the width of one eye you should have this distance between your eyes, if you have less then they are close set equal distance they are evenly spaced and greater than they are wide set. After you measure the distance use a makeup pencil line up the out side corner of the nose and the inside corner of the eye this will tell you where the brows should start and if they are close set it should only be a hair to two outside that line.

Thanks StudioMakeup. I know I've arched them too much. I sometimes feel like they're little caterpillars and tend to over-wax up there. I'll try to ease back into letting the arch start later. I've never done false lashes, do they damage the eye area at all? 

Originally Posted by studiomakeup /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Your eyes are deep set and the best colors to use are neutrals a taupe starting at the socket line and fading before you get to the brow area. For your eye the best way to dress it up is a false lash perhaps some individuals or a subtle strip.

You have great eyes however your camera left brow ( your right ) starts too far out and both brows should start a little closer in. Measure the width of one eye you should have this distance between your eyes, if you have less then they are close set equal distance they are evenly spaced and greater than they are wide set. After you measure the distance use a makeup pencil line up the out side corner of the nose and the inside corner of the eye this will tell you where the brows should start and if they are close set it should only be a hair to two outside that line.
Thanks for your advice! I have started using eyebrow shadow/wax/pencil to fill out my brows more regularly. I am not wearing any in the pictures I included, but I generally do it if I have time or am going to be somewhere that I feel I must especially look professional or nice. My brows used to be fuller, but about 15 years ago I plucked them too thin, and they didn't grow back! Bummer! They've always been that far apart and naturally arched, though. I really notice a difference when I use brow pencil or something to fill in and extend that inner part.

Thanks again for the feedback!

Originally Posted by studiomakeup /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You have a large round eye they are not even close to being deep set, a deep set eye you would never see any of your lash line it would be hidden.
Thank you for the clarification! As you can tell I was a little confused but now I understand :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back