Eyeshadow Mania! - An eyeshadow show n' tell

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Trouble? This isn't a talk me down thread! I now have *four* bead boxes for my loose pigment collection.
loose pigments really are an addiction. A beautiful, sparkly (or matte) addiction.

Quote: Originally Posted by softly /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Yay, I got it for $49, too! I can't wait to play. Also, I started pressing recently. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I messed some of them up, I think (haha), but you're right, it's quite fun!
So I got my set in the mail and I got 20 colors but 2 of them were repeats :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> So instead of 20 different shades, I got 18 different shades and 2 duplicates. And there's not a Macy's close to me to return/exchange it.

I have moooooore for you today! My newest absolute love (do I say that about every palette? LOL) - THE TOO FACED CHOCOLATE BAR PALETTE!

HERE'S THE LOOK I CREATED USING THE PALETTE:

Quote: Originally Posted by KaitlinKolors /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Yay, I got it for $49, too! I can't wait to play. Also, I started pressing recently. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I messed some of them up, I think (haha), but you're right, it's quite fun!
So I got my set in the mail and I got 20 colors but 2 of them were repeats :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> So instead of 20 different shades, I got 18 different shades and 2 duplicates. And there's not a Macy's close to me to return/exchange it.

Oh no! Do you think you can contact customer service? Were you able to get a refund or a replacement?

Quote: Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I have moooooore for you today! My newest absolute love (do I say that about every palette? LOL) - THE TOO FACED CHOCOLATE BAR PALETTE!

Beautiful shades and look! Been wanting to try Too Faced for the longest time. This might be what does me over. Is it LE?

Beautiful shades and look! Been wanting to try Too Faced for the longest time. This might be what does me over. Is it LE?

Thank you very much! I don't believe that it is LE, since it seems to be an addition to their Chocolate collection (along with the Soleil Bronzer) but I'd always err on the side of safety and get it soon if possible! It hasn't been sold out anywhere yet that I know of!

X-posted to hauls, but I just got my Rouge Bunny Rouge eyeshadows the other day:

I didn't want to flood, but here's a general idea of how awesome they are. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> These swatches are done, one swipe on bare skin.

Lovely!

This is absolutely beautiful!

I had convinced myself I didn't need this palette until I saw your swatches!  Great swatches and I love the lipstick you're wearing.

X-posted to hauls, but I just got my Rouge Bunny Rouge eyeshadows the other day:

I didn't want to flood, but here's a general idea of how awesome they are. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> These swatches are done, one swipe on bare skin.
Nice swatches!

I got my The Game Is On tin set from Geek Chic Cosmetics!  The original run sold out in THIRTEEN MINUTES, so they very awesomely did a second round.  Those are now also sold out, but they do still have samples (in clamshells) and full-sized versions available.  The full-sized jars are something like 5g, and the ones in the tins are around 3g.  So. Descriptions (per GCC) via my laptop now, photos via my phone after I post the text.  Swatches are over Starlooks white pencil.  Note:  Photos cannot capture the awesome sparkle, especially with Mind Palace (SO MUCH SHIFT!).  Proceed with caution if you are not a glitter fan!  This goes for pretty much *every single* GCC shade I've tried.  For me, this is not a bug.  This is a feature.  Your mileage may vary wildly. Top row, left to right: Battle Dress -- A tea rose pink with a beige undertone shadow with subtle pink shimmer. Has a satin finish. Bored! -- An elegant mustard shadow with a satin metallic sheen. High-Functioning Sociopath -- A rich, inky blue shadow with tons of sapphire and gold shimmer. Bottom row, left to right: I Was a Soldier -- A yellow-toned army green based shadow with a strong grass green sheen and subtle golden shimmer. My Mind Palace -- A sheer white with a strong turquoise to purple duochrome shift. Chock full of blue, violet, and green sparkles. Old Fashioned Villain -- A devious purple satin shadow with a feisty copper sheen and copper sparkle.
I've been saving the second and third episodes of the third season until I received these.  Now I have them!  Now I just have to find the time to watch the episodes!

I got my The Game Is On tin set from Geek Chic Cosmetics!  The original run sold out in THIRTEEN MINUTES, so they very awesomely did a second round.  Those are now also sold out, but they do still have samples (in clamshells) and full-sized versions available.  The full-sized jars are something like 5g, and the ones in the tins are around 3g.  So. Descriptions (per GCC) via my laptop now, photos via my phone after I post the text.  Swatches are over Starlooks white pencil.  Note:  Photos cannot capture the awesome sparkle, especially with Mind Palace (SO MUCH SHIFT!).  Proceed with caution if you are not a glitter fan!  This goes for pretty much *every single* GCC shade I've tried.  For me, this is not a bug.  This is a feature.  Your mileage may vary wildly.

Top row, left to right:
Battle Dress -- A tea rose pink with a beige undertone shadow with subtle pink shimmer. Has a satin finish.
Bored! -- An elegant mustard shadow with a satin metallic sheen.
High-Functioning Sociopath -- A rich, inky blue shadow with tons of sapphire and gold shimmer.

Bottom row, left to right:
I Was a Soldier -- A yellow-toned army green based shadow with a strong grass green sheen and subtle golden shimmer.
My Mind Palace -- A sheer white with a strong turquoise to purple duochrome shift. Chock full of blue, violet, and green sparkles.
Old Fashioned Villain -- A devious purple satin shadow with a feisty copper sheen and copper sparkle.

I've been saving the second and third episodes of the third season until I received these.  Now I have them!  Now I just have to find the time to watch the episodes!
So pretty!

I got my The Game Is On tin set from Geek Chic Cosmetics!  The original run sold out in THIRTEEN MINUTES, so they very awesomely did a second round.  Those are now also sold out, but they do still have samples (in clamshells) and full-sized versions available.  The full-sized jars are something like 5g, and the ones in the tins are around 3g.  So. Descriptions (per GCC) via my laptop now, photos via my phone after I post the text.  Swatches are over Starlooks white pencil.  Note:  Photos cannot capture the awesome sparkle, especially with Mind Palace (SO MUCH SHIFT!).  Proceed with caution if you are not a glitter fan!  This goes for pretty much *every single* GCC shade I've tried.  For me, this is not a bug.  This is a feature.  Your mileage may vary wildly. Top row, left to right: Battle Dress -- A tea rose pink with a beige undertone shadow with subtle pink shimmer. Has a satin finish. Bored! -- An elegant mustard shadow with a satin metallic sheen. High-Functioning Sociopath -- A rich, inky blue shadow with tons of sapphire and gold shimmer. Bottom row, left to right: I Was a Soldier -- A yellow-toned army green based shadow with a strong grass green sheen and subtle golden shimmer. My Mind Palace -- A sheer white with a strong turquoise to purple duochrome shift. Chock full of blue, violet, and green sparkles. Old Fashioned Villain -- A devious purple satin shadow with a feisty copper sheen and copper sparkle.
OH MY WORD!!!! HOW did I not know about this?!?! Gah! And I missed it! I'm a huuuuge Sherlock fan!

OMG.....I just visited Makeup Geek's site....how have I not SEEN all this before?! I seriously need Big Damn Heroes, Portals, Turtle Power, Auryn, Witchcraft & Wizardry, This Isn't a Democracy, and Fellowship!!! @allistra44, have you seen they have a shadow called Mischief Managed in their Witchcraft and Wizardry set? LOL

OH MY WORD!!!! HOW did I not know about this?!?! Gah! And I missed it! I'm a huuuuge Sherlock fan!
Heh.  I think I went on and *on* about it only in the no-buy thread.  The full-sized and sample versions are still available:  http://www.geekchiccosmetics.com/the-game-is-on.html

And I just ordered samples of the Win or Die (_Game of Thrones_) collection this morning so I will have them in time for the season premiere!  My ordering plan for GCC this year is one set per month.  The Game Is On was supposed to be my January set, but due to the tin set selling out, I moved it to February, so I'm considering the Win or Die set to be my January order.  They have something else coming out "soon," but I don't know whether that means this month or next, and I don't know what it's going to be, so my March order will be either the new set or samples of an existing set yet to be determined, most likely Superneutrals since I've been saying I'll be getting that next pretty much ever since I discovered the fact that they group things by fandom.  So far, I have This Isn't a Democracy (_The Walking Dead_.  I'm pretty sure those swatches are somewhere in this thread), The Game Is On (_Sherlock_), and Timey Wimey (_Doctor Who_ and _Torchwood_.  I can't remember whether those swatches are in here, but if not, I can get them posted later today).  I'm still bummed I didn't start getting their stuff last year before they discontinued a huge chunk of their catalog.  I could have had _The Princess Bride_ and BSG sets, among others!

Heh.  I think I went on and *on* about it only in the no-buy thread.  The full-sized and sample versions are still available:  http://www.geekchiccosmetics.com/the-game-is-on.html

And I just ordered samples of the Win or Die (_Game of Thrones_) collection this morning so I will have them in time for the season premiere!  My ordering plan for GCC this year is one set per month.  The Game Is On was supposed to be my January set, but due to the tin set selling out, I moved it to February, so I'm considering the Win or Die set to be my January order.  They have something else coming out "soon," but I don't know whether that means this month or next, and I don't know what it's going to be, so my March order will be either the new set or samples of an existing set yet to be determined, most likely Superneutrals since I've been saying I'll be getting that next pretty much ever since I discovered the fact that they group things by fandom.  So far, I have This Isn't a Democracy (_The Walking Dead_.  I'm pretty sure those swatches are somewhere in this thread), The Game Is On (_Sherlock_), and Timey Wimey (_Doctor Who_ and _Torchwood_.  I can't remember whether those swatches are in here, but if not, I can get them posted later today).  I'm still bummed I didn't start getting their stuff last year before they discontinued a huge chunk of their catalog.  I could have had _The Princess Bride_ and BSG sets, among others!

There was a Princess Bride set?
unsure.gif
I'm not following them on every social media platform they have....I shall NOT miss any more of this awesomeness. (I'm seriously a big geek LOL)

There was a Princess Bride set? :unsure: I'm not following them on every social media platform they have....I shall NOT miss any more of this awesomeness. (I'm seriously a big geek LOL)
They had a huge Reckoning of something like five dozen shades back in...  November, I think.  The Princess Bride set was just one of several casualties.  I had a list of all of the sets and fandoms before the Reckoning, but I think I tossed it because it made me sad to know what I had missed out on. And now:  Timey Wimey!  I apologize for the slanted photo.  I was afraid I would end up dumping one on my carpet and just left it wonky. Top row, L to R:  Bigger on the Inside, Bad Wolf, We Are Coming Middle row, L to R:  Don't Blink, Exterminate Bottom row, L to R:  Sexy in Suspenders, Yes Sir, Untimely Love
ETA: This company quite possibly makes *the* most sparkly shadows I have ever encountered, in case that makes a difference either way. Photos cannot capture all of the glitter.

Back