Eyeshadow Mania! - An eyeshadow show n' tell

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My eyeshadow collection is mostly UD, because my boyfriend bought me this!

Not my picture btw, google image searched. But I can't find my picture of my whole case since I reset my phone.

Here's my UD eyeshadow in my muji though.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Girls! Halp! 

I'm planning to use this month's IPSY code to buy palettes from Coastal Scents, but I need help choosing! 

For the 120 palettes, does the 2nd plate lock into the lid, or is it just a removable tray?

In my cart right now I have the 88 Original Palette http://www.coastalscents.com/sale/pl-001.html, the Metal Mania Palette http://www.coastalscents.com/pl-015.html, the 120 Palette Two http://www.coastalscents.com/sale/120-palette-2.html and the Go Palette Moscow http://www.coastalscents.com/moscow.html

As far as colours go, I tend to shy away from browns and creams and go straight for the blacks, dark purples, silvers and lately (thanks to my Bora Bora quad from BaB) teals. 

I was going to forgo the 88 palettes and pick up the 120 Two, but then the 88's went on sale and I realized I could get TWO of those for the price of a 120! 

So... do I go for the 120? Or get two 88's? And if I get two 88's should I get the 88 Original? Or the 88 Ultra Shimmer Palette? 

I'm a little concerned about colour crossover in getting two 88's. I have no idea how many of these colours I will even use, but I have this  overwhelming compulsion to "buy all the pretties"! haha
The 120 palette trays are removable, they don't lock in. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> @@Nyxis

As far as color, they only time I've had major similarities between the palettes is with the 252 Ultimate, HOWEVER, the 88 Original and 88 Shimmer are exactly the same, except the original has mattes and some satins, but the 88 Shimmer is all shimmer finishes.

Out of the 120 palettes, the 120 Two is the brightest, with the most vivid colors, so if you're looking for bold brights, I'd definitely go with that one! The 88 Original and Shimmer have brights, but not quite as vivid as the 120 Two. I'd say out of all the 88 palettes, the Prism palette is the brightest, but it has quite a bit of browns in it, which is what you want to stay away from.

Let me know if you have any more questions about any of the palettes, I'm happy to help! Good luck picking!

The 120 palette trays are removable, they don't lock in. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> @@Nyxis

As far as color, they only time I've had major similarities between the palettes is with the 252 Ultimate, HOWEVER, the 88 Original and 88 Shimmer are exactly the same, except the original has mattes and some satins, but the 88 Shimmer is all shimmer finishes.

Out of the 120 palettes, the 120 Two is the brightest, with the most vivid colors, so if you're looking for bold brights, I'd definitely go with that one! The 88 Original and Shimmer have brights, but not quite as vivid as the 120 Two. I'd say out of all the 88 palettes, the Prism palette is the brightest, but it has quite a bit of browns in it, which is what you want to stay away from.

Let me know if you have any more questions about any of the palettes, I'm happy to help! Good luck picking!
I should have just tagged you in my original question Cookie!  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I will probably stay away from the 120 then, just for lack of storage and I think that having to remove the plate would drive me insane for a while. 

If I got the Metal Mania and the 88 Original Palettes do you think that would be a good mix of colour and finishes?  

I should have just tagged you in my original question Cookie! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I will probably stay away from the 120 then, just for lack of storage and I think that having to remove the plate would drive me insane for a while.

If I got the Metal Mania and the 88 Original Palettes do you think that would be a good mix of colour and finishes?
Yeah! I'd say so...the 88 Metal Mania has quite a bit of shimmers in it, but just fair warning, it has quite a bit of bronzes, golds and browns. I like it though! I personally like the Mirage better than the Metal Mania, but that has quite a bit of browns. I think your selections should give you good variety :)

Yeah! I'd say so...the 88 Metal Mania has quite a bit of shimmers in it, but just fair warning, it has quite a bit of bronzes, golds and browns. I like it though! I personally like the Mirage better than the Metal Mania, but that has quite a bit of browns. I think your selections should give you good variety :)
Awesome! Thanks! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ok, I'm sure this has been discussed at some point but..anyone have anything from Notoriously Morbid? 

I'm so overwhelmed by all the different shades, so I was thinking of maybe going with a collection but if anyone has favorites, I might just make up a small order of random colors :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Ok, I'm sure this has been discussed at some point but..anyone have anything from Notoriously Morbid?

I'm so overwhelmed by all the different shades, so I was thinking of maybe going with a collection but if anyone has favorites, I might just make up a small order of random colors :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
If you're a _Firefly_ fan, check Facebook and cool your jets until Friday for the Vanishing Cabinet! (Translation: Guess what I'm going to try to get on Friday as my first NM order.) (They're probably going to be my next get-them-all line after I finish with GCC, but I haven't started yet.) (And we totally need an all-inclusive indie thread!)

If you're a _Firefly_ fan, check Facebook and cool your jets until Friday for the Vanishing Cabinet! (Translation: Guess what I'm going to try to get on Friday as my first NM order.) (They're probably going to be my next get-them-all line after I finish with GCC, but I haven't started yet.) (And we totally need an all-inclusive indie thread!)
Ohhh lord, yep looks like I'm waiting 'til Friday! I'll go ahead and admit that I have never seen Firefly (my co-workers like to bring this up & hate on me on a pretty regular basis), BUT I do love minis and limited edition type things. So, this will be a perfect way to check out the brand. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

And yes, we totally do need that thread. I am constantly discovering new, awesome indies and would love love love to see everyones swatches/collections. 

Back