FABFITFUN box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by SnowLeopard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone who subbed got their box yet? I'm just wondering if the spoilers we've seen were PR samples for bloggers or if those people subbed earlier and already got their boxes. I hate when bloggers don't have disclosure statements about whether they purchased the items for review or it was a sample. It doesn't bother me they get stuff for free, I just want to know so I can make an objective decision.

I remember Loose Button sent out sample boxes to bloggers/vloggers and those boxes were a lot better than the boxes we got. I think for the first box there were two variations and neither were what the sponsored reviews showed.
I thought too this was very strange - unboxing. Is it a sample for review? If she indeed purchased it - why did she receive the box so early? I am now somewhat suspicious what will be in the boxes, oh well.

Signed up but now I'm getting nervous. It is only quarterly, but if a box is this much, I kinda expect it to have more than my PSMH box. I guess I got all excited because it's Guiliana! Also, was excited about the teeth whitening pen and now that's a bonus item? Boo.

Originally Posted by alovestory /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Signed up but now I'm getting nervous. It is only quarterly, but if a box is this much, I kinda expect it to have more than my PSMH box. I guess I got all excited because it's Guiliana! Also, was excited about the teeth whitening pen and now that's a bonus item? Boo.
We don't know if it is a bonus item that everyone won't get, though! 

Yeah, I wish I'd paid more attention to the 'bonus" item disclaimer, those were some of the things I was excited for!.  eeek!

Originally Posted by mckondik /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, I wish I'd paid more attention to the 'bonus" item disclaimer, those were some of the things I was excited for!.  eeek!
Same here! Ugh, now I'm looking forward to this box a lot less. I wonder how the box could be worth $120 without the so called bonus items. 

Originally Posted by skylola123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I really really hope not...but they did say that the inauguration box would be worth $120...so if those items are not included the remaining items don't really add up to that. 
That's exactly what I thought, how could they claim the box would be worth $120 and give us fewer items than those given to bloggers. Does the $120 price tag only apply to what the bloggers got? I hate that sort of stuff. 

Sorry to scare everyone. It just seemed a little off to me bc there was no disclosure statement, the boxes haven't shipped yet, and that blog didn't seem to have anything to do with beauty and/or subscription boxes, it appeared to be just outfits. I wonder what they consider the value of the Jewelmint piece to be, do they start at $29.99 and go up or are they all just $29.99?

Of course we don't know what we're actually getting until we receive our boxes, but I'm not too worried for two reasons:

a. The $120 price tag that everyone else is mentioning...without those big ticket items, how could it add up to that much?

b. This is their first box. If we don't get the same products that others did, people would be very upset, and there would probably be a lot of backlash. Not something they want ever, but particularly not for their first box.

These boxes are always going to be a bit of a mystery, so I don't count on them for anything. I'm just pleasantly surprised with whatever I get most of the time. As long as I'll use $40+ of the product from this box I'll be happy. However, my bet is on getting exactly what the bloggers did with slight variations (Butter London colors for example).

I'm still excited for my box. I've been wanting the Moroccanoil anyway and I've never found a deal on it before. That alone is worth the $40 everything else is a bonus to me. My issue is just when a subscription service launches and sends boxes to bloggers that are better than the boxes subscribers receive. The contents of the box will determine if I stay for the next quarter, if I am blown away I will, of course, continue the sub. If my box is not comparable to the spoilers, I will consider it deceptive and cancel. Either way I'll still be happy with the first box so there's nothing to lose, only Moroccanoil to gain!

I feel the same way, if these boxes are being sent for promotion to get people sucked in and sign up showing these will be items in your box because up to that last blog no one else mentioned it being bonus items. At least I don't think anyone else did. I hate that they send better boxes out for promotion because those bloggers didn't even pay for them. We are the ones that do pay for them because we read how amazing those box is. I really don't care if people get these boxes for Free but I will feel cheated and deceived since we saw what they would (maybe) look like.

Kinda also why I'm holding out on ordering this box, I want to see what shipping is like as well, and if they ship SmartPost the limit of liability is only $100.

http://www.fedex.com/us/smart-post/outbound.html

I'm very curious about the bonus items they've talked about and how they plan to ship those (along with how they determine who "wins" them).  They did respond to an email I sent asking them how they ship, (via FedEx) but when I followed up if this meant SmartPost I got no response.

With PS taking an average of nine days to get to me, I'm not super stoked on waiting over a week for a box to arrive once shipped.  

Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Kinda also why I'm holding out on ordering this box, I want to see what shipping is like as well, and if they ship SmartPost the limit of liability is only $100.

http://www.fedex.com/us/smart-post/outbound.html

I'm very curious about the bonus items they've talked about and how they plan to ship those (along with how they determine who "wins" them).  They did respond to an email I sent asking them how they ship, (via FedEx) but when I followed up if this meant SmartPost I got no response.

With PS taking an average of nine days to get to me, I'm not super stoked on waiting over a week for a box to arrive once shipped.  
As silly as it may sound, I think I'm going to stop subscribing to any sub that uses SmartPost. It's so annoying that PopSugar ships from Cali and it takes 10+ days to get to me, but I can get SeasonsBox from Canada in 3. It kinda takes the fun out of it to get an email that my PS box is on the way...then wait 2 weeks while everyone else gets to tell me what they got...

Originally Posted by sj52000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

As silly as it may sound, I think I'm going to stop subscribing to any sub that uses SmartPost. It's so annoying that PopSugar ships from Cali and it takes 10+ days to get to me, but I can get SeasonsBox from Canada in 3. It kinda takes the fun out of it to get an email that my PS box is on the way...then wait 2 weeks while everyone else gets to tell me what they got...
I don't think it's silly at all.  I really love my PS subscription but it is a huge bummer to wait so long for it to arrive.  That's why I'm really on the fence about another box that will take that long or longer to arrive, but that's just my assumptions.  If they actually ship FedEx it might be faster than SmartPost.  That's kind of why I want to "wait and see" how this first box works out for everyone.

There isn't enough in the initial box to convince me to sign up right now.  If I used hair oil, I'd be all over it, I know those who use this brand LOVE it.  But the other items are not enough of an incentive for me to sign up right now, not that I wouldn't love to have them. It is taking great restraint for me not to order this box and just gift the hair oil to my friend for her b-day.  

Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't think it's silly at all.  I really love my PS subscription but it is a huge bummer to wait so long for it to arrive.  That's why I'm really on the fence about another box that will take that long or longer to arrive, but that's just my assumptions.  If they actually ship FedEx it might be faster than SmartPost.  That's kind of why I want to "wait and see" how this first box works out for everyone.

There isn't enough in the initial box to convince me to sign up right now.  If I used hair oil, I'd be all over it, I know those who use this brand LOVE it.  But the other items are not enough of an incentive for me to sign up right now, not that I wouldn't love to have them. It is taking great restraint for me not to order this box and just gift the hair oil to my friend for her b-day.  
Come on Ann, drink the Kool-aid- you know it's going to be amazing!!
headphonedance.gif

I guess that means there will be two of those products we won't get, but those are all the variations? I'm still ok with it. I REALLY love the idea of getting one guaranteed product that is announced in advance for approximately the retail price of that product, but also getting extras with it to try. Like they announce Moroccan Oil this time, and they could announce the main item next time so you decide whether to skip if you don't like the main item. 

I don't know, I'm disappointed. It seems like trick advertising to me, all of these unboxings and then we get less when we PAID for the box? Seems wrong.

Originally Posted by Shauna999 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Come on Ann, drink the Kool-aid- you know it's going to be amazing!!
headphonedance.gif
Dude I've drunk so much from joining this forum, if I have anymore I won't be able to afford my rock and roll life style.

Latest posts

Back