FABFITFUN Summer 2013 Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been really enjoying this box so far :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I don't wear sunglasses but I believe my boyfriend is exchanging them for a pair he wants. Also he seems to be obsessed with the Evian spray...why? I don't know its just water lol. But I sprayed the beach hair spray today after the shower & let it air dry, the results are actually nice. I haven't been to beach in years so I don't know if this is how beach hair looks like. 
You have gorgeous hair!

I got the Trudel and was quite happy, I feel fortunate to get a pair that fits well. Excuse the messy hair quick no makeup snapshot, but the box just arrived today and I've been rushing to get my photos done.

I got Choreographed Chaos, which is pretty although honestly I wanted Sparkling Garbage lol

Yes -I have offered the scooter's to 3 girls 12 and under no takers. Lol. I better lower my age range.

I got my replacement sunglasses - Morris - and I really like them. They fit well, worth the $9.95!

Interesting...I just went to the Ivory & Mason website to look at what style the Morris was, and noticed a lot of different styles posted that wasn't there last week.  Those that are just getting their boxes now, will have a lot to choose from.  

When I exchanged my glasses, they charged me but did not send me any shipping notice or anything.  I used fedex from work acct to send them in, but in my email exchange I gave my home address.  They shipped the glasses to work.  I was pleasantly surprised with a package yesterday.  I had just sent them an email asking about my glasses.  They said they were running behind due to the large response of exchanges from fabfitfun and that they would be shipping my sunnies soon.  They didn't even look to see that they had shipped them.  

Originally Posted by skylola123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have been really enjoying this box so far :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I don't wear sunglasses but I believe my boyfriend is exchanging them for a pair he wants. Also he seems to be obsessed with the Evian spray...why? I don't know its just water lol. But I sprayed the beach hair spray today after the shower & let it air dry, the results are actually nice. I haven't been to beach in years so I don't know if this is how beach hair looks like. 

I really like these effortless waves! Nice nice, lucky you!

Absolutely adore that surf spray. It smells really great and it seems to work, too. My hair is pretty darn straight but I tried it tonight and did get some decent wave (well, for me this is decent waves lol) that lasted, too.

Update, i exfoliated my face and tied my hair back and lightly sprayed my face. I love this stuff, worked well and matched my skin tone pretty good but gave me a little color. I am a reddish blonde fair skin girl. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Glossygirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You have gorgeous hair!
Originally Posted by BeautyLoverIT /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wish my hair looked like that!
Originally Posted by Eleda /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I really like these effortless waves! Nice nice, lucky you!

Thank you :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

It really did work, it worked best right after the shower I let my hair half way dry then put it in and tied my hair in a bun (I left in a bun for a couple of hours)

Then I took it out and let it air dry and it turned into those waves. 

Plus it smells so so so good but not overwhelming. 

Thank you thank you thank you tons for posting this photo! It made me actually try out the product as opposed to giving it away. I've tried other salt sprays in the past and my hair looked disgusting after using it so I thought those type of products just weren't for me, which I thought was strange because my hair was a natural wave to it (not a nice wave.... But rather a frizzy mess) So I tried out the salt spray and it works!!!! Granted my hair isn't as gorgeous as yours but it definitely looks more presentable than before :-D did you add anything else to your hair or just let it air dry? Also how much of the spray did you use on your hair?

Originally Posted by DorotaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thank you thank you thank you tons for posting this photo! It made me actually try out the product as opposed to giving it away. I've tried other salt sprays in the past and my hair looked disgusting after using it so I thought those type of products just weren't for me, which I thought was strange because my hair was a natural wave to it (not a nice wave.... But rather a frizzy mess)

So I tried out the salt spray and it works!!!! Granted my hair isn't as gorgeous as yours but it definitely looks more presentable than before :-D did you add anything else to your hair or just let it air dry? Also how much of the spray did you use on your hair?
I have also tried other salt sprays and have done nothing expect make my hair greasy or nasty. But this one was really nice. 

This is what I did and it worked that was the result:

1. Let my hair dry out maybe half way my scalp was dry but my ends were still wet and sprayed it in my hair. I did not put any on scalp just in my hair. I really don't know how much I put I have a lot of hair so I tend to use a lot more product.

2. Put my hair in a bun. I usually twist my hair and rolled it into a bun. Left it like that for a couple of hours. If you take it out and don't see the desirable waves you like then put it back in a bun. I want to say I left it like that for 3-4 hours. 

3. Took it out and it was still semi wet since it wasn't completely dry when I put it up. Then sprayed it with a bit more of the spray. 

4. Just let it be and it didn't take very long to dry. Then just sprayed it with some hairspray and that was it.  Very simple which I love. I didn't think I was going to like it because my hair just doesn't work well with hair products. 

I bet this would be quicker if you use a blow dryer but I rarely use heat on my hair and prefer my hair to air dry. 

Hope this helps :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Interesting...I just went to the Ivory & Mason website to look at what style the Morris was, and noticed a lot of different styles posted that wasn't there last week.  Those that are just getting their boxes now, will have a lot to choose from.   When I exchanged my glasses, they charged me but did not send me any shipping notice or anything.  I used fedex from work acct to send them in, but in my email exchange I gave my home address.  They shipped the glasses to work.  I was pleasantly surprised with a package yesterday.  I had just sent them an email asking about my glasses.  They said they were running behind due to the large response of exchanges from fabfitfun and that they would be shipping my sunnies soon.  They didn't even look to see that they had shipped them.  
I received one of the later boxes. Unfortunately, I was told only a few glasses were set aside of each style for FabFitFun customers on a first come first serve basis so even though they appear online, they are not available to us. Since I received a later box, there are very few options left and I dislike them all. I'm not that picky. I just want a pair that will fit my face. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

T

I have also tried other salt sprays and have done nothing expect make my hair greasy or nasty. But this one was really nice.  This is what I did and it worked that was the result: 1. Let my hair dry out maybe half way my scalp was dry but my ends were still wet and sprayed it in my hair. I did not put any on scalp just in my hair. I really don't know how much I put I have a lot of hair so I tend to use a lot more product. 2. Put my hair in a bun. I usually twist my hair and rolled it into a bun. Left it like that for a couple of hours. If you take it out and don't see the desirable waves you like then put it back in a bun. I want to say I left it like that for 3-4 hours.  3. Took it out and it was still semi wet since it wasn't completely dry when I put it up. Then sprayed it with a bit more of the spray.  4. Just let it be and it didn't take very long to dry. Then just sprayed it with some hairspray and that was it.  Very simple which I love. I didn't think I was going to like it because my hair just doesn't work well with hair products.  I bet this would be quicker if you use a blow dryer but I rarely use heat on my hair and prefer my hair to air dry.  Hope this helps :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 
Thank you!!

Originally Posted by Dayo Steph /img/forum/go_quote.gif

something tells me the reason they are in our box is because they were QA rejects, and rather than chucking them they "repurposed" them for the subscription box. 
I have a feeling this is why we got them. Say they have a batch of rejects, they can discard of them as a cost of doing business or possibly liquidate them to a reseller for next to nothing. Or they can include them in this box and charge everyone 10$ that wants to swap for a pair that fits/looks normal/whatever and they get the defective stock returned to them, possibly be liquidated in the future. Much cheaper than sending out sunglasses that actually retail for 135$ and they make a bit of money off items that were destined for the dump or pennies on the dollar. With a certain amount of breakage in the return and replacing process it helps burn off the rejects. If they do this a few times with different boxes they've cleaned out a lot of inventory that wasn't moving otherwise. I don't know if FFF pays anything for the higher end items that appear in these boxes but they could be making a few dollars a pair on that end too.

It's also possible that these rejects were purposefully designed to look cheap/have misspellings/whatever to entice people to trade up. Any sunglasses you get in place of these will seem of a higher quality and you've only paid 10$ for them. Or maybe I deal with too many shifty companies IRL that my mind first went to these possibilities...

Originally Posted by ChicagoBlonde /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have a feeling this is why we got them. Say they have a batch of rejects, they can discard of them as a cost of doing business or possibly liquidate them to a reseller for next to nothing. Or they can include them in this box and charge everyone 10$ that wants to swap for a pair that fits/looks normal/whatever and they get the defective stock returned to them, possibly be liquidated in the future. Much cheaper than sending out sunglasses that actually retail for 135$ and they make a bit of money off items that were destined for the dump or pennies on the dollar. With a certain amount of breakage in the return and replacing process it helps burn off the rejects. If they do this a few times with different boxes they've cleaned out a lot of inventory that wasn't moving otherwise. I don't know if FFF pays anything for the higher end items that appear in these boxes but they could be making a few dollars a pair on that end too.

It's also possible that these rejects were purposefully designed to look cheap/have misspellings/whatever to entice people to trade up. Any sunglasses you get in place of these will seem of a higher quality and you've only paid 10$ for them. Or maybe I deal with too many shifty companies IRL that my mind first went to these possibilities...
I totally thought of this too. It's one of the reasons I decided to unsubscribe. I know I received this box free because my first box had 3 jewelmint things, but for $50 I can get 8 full size or deluxe size products of my choice plus a makeup bag from beautyfix. Even though I love the sea salt spray, and I am looking forward to using the face wash, it just wasn't that joyful for me. I just haven't enjoyed the experience with FFF. Now, in contrast, I love Popsugar. Even if stuff doesn't fit, or isn't exactly my taste, they've always tried to provide a reasonable fix really soon. I was really offended that FFF sent out those tiny sunglasses. These subscription companies are very interesting. Observing their customer service solutions has been eye-opening. I feel like you could use their different responses as case studies in a business school class. At least it's never boring. 

I canceled, you have to do it over the phone, but CS was very nice, they just asked if I minded providing feedback, and I advised it was overpriced for what was provided and I have too many other boxes.  I did like a lot of the products this month, but compared to my other boxes, it just wasn't what I was looking for.

Back