Face Primers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah i've seen them and they have the travel size for 17 which i wouldn't mind trying.

what about Make Up Forever HD microperfecting primer?

I have normal-to-dry skin. Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch. Makeup Forever HD (I like the Blue 'brightening' one.) Hard Candy Sheer Envy. GOSH Velvet Touch Apricot. Smashbox Photo Finish with Dermaxyl, SPF15. (I just use this on my nose and cheeks - way too mattifying anywhere else, but only the Clarins is better for pores.) Dr. Brandt's Pores No More pore refiner.

I use MUFE HD Microperfecting Primer in 0(Neutral), 4(Caramel) or 7(Pink)

- Try 0 Neutral first to see if you like the consistency. Or ask for a sample of the other "colored" primers that help correct skin issues. Definitely try 7(it works on all skin tones, seriously)

Nars Primer w/SPF 20. Make sure you use the SPF 20 primer. It hydrate really well and it's very light and absorbs quickly. I wear this during the summer with sheer/light foundation or tinted moisterizer. Last all day at least 8 to 9 hours.

I looked for the Aveeno yesterday and none of them had a high dimethicone content.  The green one above was 2.1% 
icon_neutral.gif

The primers I've used and liked are:

Laura Geller Spackle

Hard Candy Sheer Envy

ELF Face Primer

Rimmel Fix and Perfect Foundation Primer

Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Correcting Primer

oh man, thanks so much! i definitely will look into these. i also saw Sephora has a new one called Perfecting Ultra-Smoothing Primer; has anyone used it? i like Sephora's stuff so i might give it a try as well.

The Rimmel is good.  I'm used to primers that are either a milky consistency or clear.  This one is not.  It comes out orange but quickly dissipates on the face.  It gives long lasting wear but is slightly on the dry side.  Most primers I find are a little slick where this one is not at all.  Its perfect for those who have oily skin and still want the protection.  

I'll use this during the summer but not in the winter time when my skin is drier.  Overall, good product and even better if you're on the oily side 
wink.gif

I can barely ever find face primers at the DS, but I'd recommend just using Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel. It works just as well as a bunch of other high-end makeup primers, and it does the same things they do and sometimes even better due to the silicone in it :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've never used a face primer cause of my oily prone skin. . . And not sure if using liquid foundation with it would be a smart thing to do. 

I use Body Shop, it's the first one I've tried though and I don't have the moneys to try out another. It's definitely better than no primer though

I have body shop's too.  I've actually had it for like 10 or more years but it still works great and reminds me of Smashbox or Palladio

To be honest I never really used a face primer, but when I started using them MAC's was pretty good, I recently ran out of Smashbox photo finish primer and i love that one, as for now im using a primer by Mark and i think it works well, I helps reduce the oil on my t-zone and really helps my skin mattify i love it, oh and p.s. it really helps my makeup stay on longer :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have acne and I use the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Light. It really works well for me. My skin is also really oily though. There's the regular Smashbox Photo Finish Primer if your skin isn't oily.

Originally Posted by Claudia5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

To be honest I never really used a face primer, but when I started using them MAC's was pretty good, I recently ran out of Smashbox photo finish primer and i love that one, as for now im using a primer by Mark and i think it works well, I helps reduce the oil on my t-zone and really helps my skin mattify i love it, oh and p.s. it really helps my makeup stay on longer :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Which Mark primer do you use?

I have yet to use a face primer. But ELF's eye primer is FANTASTIC. Other than that I just use concealer and foundation and set it with a powder or spray.

Latest posts

Back