Facial Hair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate my facial hair. I am having my upper lip lasered. I pluck my eyebrows. AND I really want to do something about my sideburns which extend all the was to my jaw line. It is awful. The sideburns are too thin and light to laser, so I'm thinking about threading.

I have a fuzz on my upper lip that I bleach every now and then, but I don't feel it's that noticable. No one really comments about it to me, I don't get weird looks and pointed at. I wouldn't call it a moustache, just fuzz. I've never waxed it, and I defonitely will never shave it. Reason is because if I shave it then when it grows back it has the appearance of being coarser until the hair that has been cut sheds and new hair comes in its place. I know it's physically impossible for shaving to make hair coarser, but I hate how it looks coarser.

My older sister has very thick and dark hair on her upper lip and neck. I feel terrible for her, it's so humiliating. She will bleach it and shave it so that the little stubbles that get left behind aren't noticable. It's a constant struggle for her, and right now she can't afford any laser surgery. Laser surgery is #1 on her priority list, before she moves out of my parents home, gets a car etc. she wants this taken care of. She actually hates going into public areas because people will comment on the hair if it is noticable. The worst is when people are trying to be 'helpful'. They pull her aside and give her names and numbers for electrolosys and laser hair removel clinics etc. All they are doing is confirming in her head that she is a freak and needs to be 'fixed'.

I hate hair all over my body, but I don't mind seeing it on others. Kudos to them for having the self esteem to go to the beach with hairy legs and armpits! They don't want to go out of their way to remove their body hair, that's fine by me!

EDIT: Oops, that got much longer than I had been thinking it would be. I guess I turned it into a bit of a rant, sorry about that ;-)

that was an awesome read and i'd like to add that right now in my area, the thing to do is to grow out your leg hair if you are a girl. I know it's not much but its freeing not to have to drag a blade across our skin all the time, especially in winter. Another note- my boyfriend totally supports it.

I have a lot of dark baby hair along my sideburns, and a lot of fuzz on my face. I never thought it was noticeable until one of my friends told me that she waxes her face.

So now I wax it off every two weeks or so, and I do my upper lip separately, as needed since it grows in faster.

I really like how it looks, although I have to be careful not to exfoliate too much before I do it or it will pull off some skin. I wish I could afford to have someone else do it for me so I wouldn't miss any spots.

Speaking of unwanted facial hair, has anyone tried Surgi Cream Hair Remover? If so, would you consider it irritating? I really would like to de-fuzz my face but have fears of waxing (I always break out after having brows done) or using harsh chemicals, then there's the fear of it growing back and looking worse than before....ugh!

I use mini home wax strips on my upper lip because i got really paranoid after seeing a bunch of guys laughing at a girl.

Definitely kudos to girls in our societies who don't shave-it's natural and only image obsessed industries that make us believe hair is wrong.

Where i live and work it would be social suicide which isn't right

By all means, get rid of it ladies. I use nair on my upper lip; it's quick, effective and affordable. Sometimes I see a beautiful woman with hair on the upper lip and to me it is sooo unattractive.

i do full face threading to get rid of everything. honestly, i feel like a jungle if i don't do it atleast once every two weeks! but my skin tends to turn red and blotchy right after threading. i have no idea why. but it goes away after a few hours.

doesn't plucking, threading, waxing or using depilatory creams on facial hair make the new growth look coarser? i have never tried any of these except for my eyebrows which shape by shaving.

Plucking, waxing, and threading pull the hair out of the root, which makes it finer when it grows back because it basically destroys the root.

That's one of the reasons I ask about this, I wonder why people can't just worry about their own hair and leave others alone about it.

i'm kind of hairy and it seems to be getting worse the older i get. i do a daily hair hunt on my mustache and chin, but i never touch me sideburns. they really don't bother me enough to remove them.

:10: ?? How uncomfortable is this. I went to the website and it looks more painful than waxing? I usually have my cheeks,neck,upperlip,chin, and brows done. This would be a less expensive alternative. Thanks

I made the mistake of waxing my whole face on the suggestion of the estician (sp) that I was going to. Now I have to do it as the hair is much more noticable. (some of it is of course age!!)

HTLheinz...

In my experience I find the epicare to be less painful than waxing, for two reasons.

Firstly because the epicare just pulls the hair out, and doesnt tear and pull at your skin like waxing does.

Secondly, you dont need a mirror to do it, so you can occupy your mind with something else and not focus on the discomfort. I usually watch some TV while de-fuzzing my upper lip with my epicare.

I think you should try it. I posted about it on a UK beauty site a while back and the thread got to about 50 pages long, with people trying it and liking the results.

You know when us brits set a trend, ya'll have to try it too! :top:

SHAVE !!! I have lots of pale peach fuzz on the sides of my face and mustache - also many chin hairs and the older I get the more I get on my chin. checked into laser hair removal, but the hairs have turned gray or white, was told laser can only be done on dark hair.

I have a little bit of really plae peach fuzz on my face. It doesnt really bother me to much. The only thing that I do sometimes is get my eyebrows waxed and shaped.

I get rid of all of it. I do know women who don't. That's their choice and I really don't blame them. They're still beautiful.

Back