Facial Hair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks! i thought i was the only one with this problem. I went to visit a friend out of town the other day and we went to get our eyebrows done and the lady tried to pressure me to have it waxed but i opted not to. i wonder if i could get it threaded.

Does anyone experience this- a weird sensation of the hair being thicker than ever after it grows back?

My hair isn't that thick or coarse but maybe I was just so used to it being really smooth.

my hair is the same color of my skin but i hate having it so i use the sally hansen cream hair remover for it. i hate it. i wish it wouldn't grow back at all. ugh.

I have the most annoying problem with facial hair!! I hate it and I wax those little *****es right off.

I dont have sideburns, however if i did i would wax em'. i wax my upper lip and eyebrows though.

Hi all

Most women have facial hair that can't be seen but for some of us like me I have what you call sideburns . I usually have them removed by threading at the beauty salon monthly with my upper lip hair .I used to bleach my facial hair at colleage which made the hair darker and visible to the eye to see that's why I remove it now . I tried waxing for a while but felt it too hard on my skin especially I have senstive skin and I'm doing well with threading for years ...:vogel:

See ya

laser it off, it's by far the best method! feel sorry for us lot with dark hair and paler skin, we may not always have more hair than blonde haired people, maybe even less but it's way more noticable

I finally got one of these, and I'm so far pretty impressed. I have a lot of hair on my chin, so I wasn't able to get all of it the first try; but I did fully epilate my upper lip and front of my chin, just not all of the underside. This is the first hair removal method I've tried where I experienced more success than I did failure, so that's saying a lot. It does hurt, but it's a bearable pain (and trust me, I don't have a high tolerance for pain!) It hurts far less than tweezing and far less than the Epilady I had in college, which was electric and I couldn't control the amount of force used. With this manual device, I can, so on sensitive areas I can be more gentle. So I'm looking forward to getting more proficient with this thing!

thanks for the info! I'm going to try threading but if that fails, im going to try epicare.

Laser is a huge priority for me, too. I have PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) and one of the side effects is increased hair growth(Thanks, hormones - love you too!) on my upper lip and chin, which is gradually spreading. I just noticed the sideburns are a little darker the other day. ARGH!

Shaving and waxing irritate my skin to no end, so I use my Emjoi (kind of like an epilady but way nicer) and then tweeze the ones that get missed. Honestly, it's not working. The tweezing is irritating my skin - I end up with red spots - and the hairs are not coming out long enough to pull but are dark enough to be seen, which, of course, sends me on a tweezer trip, which results in more red spots... ARGH! Where's the laser?

you can do lazer adn electrolysis in conjunction with eachother. if u go to a lazer clinic go to someone who you have feedback on. if the person says that you can't do this and you cant do that example go in the sun after then its an older lazer.... do not go to a hospital to get lazer done because the lazer is not that effective or even an estheic shcool b/c they're not that effective. hair free lazer is great. they are located in canada and in california. i dont know where you're from. but waxing your face is a nono no it makes hair blacker and thicker that you will end up with shadowning because hair on the face is hormonal.. electrolysis is good do but lengthier in time and its hurs more but its cheaper.... so people do them together or just one or the other!!!!!

get lazered you'll be alot happier!!!!!

Maybe I'll check out a laser if I get super self conscious. Recently I did this girl's makeup and saw that her face was waaaay hairier than mine. hehe. Guess I'm okay for now.

I would do what makes you feel great. if you don't mind the little sideburns then I don't think you need to worry about it. I'm 19 and up until now, i wasnt able to shave my legs without breaking out and just..it was a horrible mess. It was the WORST in gym class, mind you. But my friends never seemed to care, they liked to pet my legs...weirdos. But then my bf got me this huge bag full of special lotion, shave creams, and razors. He said it was up to me to use it. Well I knew he had a thing for smooth legs so I felt i'd try. Works great ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Honestly like I said...if it doesnt bother you then don't worry about it..

Yeah, I made the mistake of shaving my face (haha!) and it grew back coarser!! I just pluck my brows and that's it! I need to get my upper lip waxed soon...

I don't have problem with unwanted facial hair...but it alos means that I don't have lashes and eye brows:scared:

Back