FAQs about Birchbox

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did we ever find out if this is correct? Mine says bb18. My email said it'd be a TV box though and the shipping is stuck (lame).

Its not. 

Does anyone know, if I have 250 points and I use points toward a purchase, will they only use the 200 points to take $20 off, or will they use all 250pts to take $20 off?

They will use 200 points and your point balance will be 50.

Originally Posted by jaimelesmots /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anyone know, if I have 250 points and I use points toward a purchase, will they only use the 200 points to take $20 off, or will they use all 250pts to take $20 off?

No problem! I was worried about that as well when I placed an order earlier this week.

Originally Posted by jaimelesmots /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Awesome. Thanks!

Quote: Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They will use 200 points and your point balance will be 50.

I never got my 3 month code. Is it because I upgraded to a full year subscription on my second month? Do yearly subscribers get the coupon codes as well? 

Originally Posted by mishtastic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I never got my 3 month code. Is it because I upgraded to a full year subscription on my second month? Do yearly subscribers get the coupon codes as well? 
That may be the case. I'm a month-to-month subscriber. I know yearly subscribers get a code at least once a year but the one that comes out every three months, I'm not sure.

Now it makes sense! lol Thanks!!

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Don't feel stupid because it's a common question.

There are several ways you can tell what box you're getting before actually getting your box. The first is with the tracking info. Birchbox didn't use Streamlite this month and the company they used UPS Mail Innovations which gives you a package ID including a tracking number. For example, my package ID listed on the UPS Mail Innovations site is listed as PackageID: MI12003bb1800097. Someone else figured out that the box # is right after the letters BB. So in my case according to the tracking info I'm getting BB18. I believe this is incorrect in my case because according to my Birchbox account info (which is the primary the way I look) my box is suppose to be box 12.

The second way, which is more accurate, is to look at your account AFTER the 10th of the month. At that point in time Birchbox will post what you're getting for that current month. Log into your account, click on BOX at the top of the screen then scroll down and it will your products for that month but it won't tell you which box it is. To find out exactly what box you're getting scroll down further to the box history and you'll see your current box (plus tracking # - mine is blackened out) as well as any past boxes. If you hover over the link (FEBRUARY 2012) and look down in the status window (I use FireFox 10 which shows the status on the bottom left hand of the screen) you'll see the link #. If you click on it the url will take you to that box #. In my case it's https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/february-2012/february12box12 .

The third way is AFTER you get your box and in case you got the box BEFORE the 10th of the month. In that case Birchbox typically lists the box # some where on the box as either AUGBB6 or BB15. This month from what I've been told it's listed in a different way but it's on the box just look for the letters BB and then a # right after.

I know that there are links to boxes on the forums but is there any way to see what is in each box without clicking the links?

I usually post the actual box contents as sneak peeks but due to how... disorganized... it is this month I'm holding off until the 10th.

How do you find each box on the site though? Is it possible to look and find it on birchbox.com

Originally Posted by iugirl13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How do you find each box on the site though? Is it possible to look and find it on birchbox.com
The links are pretty much the same each month and so you become use to how they label their links. Just check out the monthly threads since that will basically show you what each month's links look like.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The links are pretty much the same each month and so you become use to how they label their links. Just check out the monthly threads since that will basically show you what each month's links look like.

Thank you
rolleyes.gif

To get multiple Birchbox accounts, what info (if any) do you need to change? Can the shipping address be the same?

So I have an annual subscription.  What happens if someone gives me a three- or six-month subscription?  Would it be consecutive or concurrent?  Or would I get to choose?

I think that the only info that changes is email address. You have to have separate emails for each subscription.

Originally Posted by amygab1126 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

To get multiple Birchbox accounts, what info (if any) do you need to change? Can the shipping address be the same?

I am canceling BirchBox this month. I have a few questions:

Do I need to redeem the points I have accumulated before I cancel my sub? Will my points stay in my account after I cancel?

Will free shipping still be available on new items after I cancel?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Originally Posted by page5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am canceling BirchBox this month. I have a few questions:

Do I need to redeem the points I have accumulated before I cancel my sub? Will my points stay in my account after I cancel?

Will free shipping still be available on new items after I cancel?

Thanks in advance for any help.
You do not need to redeem your points right away. You have 365 days from the oldest points to use. Say your old points awarded were from December 2011 then you have until December 2012 to use those points. The points will stay on your account for 365 days. Free shipping on new items will be available on items that state free shipping - you don't need to be a BB subscriber. If the item does not have free shipping on it then obviously you have to pay $5 flat shipping.

Question - If I buy gift subscriptions for friend will I get BB points? I have a few girlfriends who have recently helped me out and I thought they might enjoy getting the boxes.

Also, is there a place to see the month's boxes by number?

Thanks!

Back