FAQs about Birchbox

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by guenivere /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've seen people mention things like, "I got my thank you for being with BB for a year!" 

Last month was my 13th BB and I got nothing. No little card, no little key chain or... well, nothing.

Is there typically something? Is it random?
You should get a key chain and a 25% off code...are you sure it was your 13th month? I think I got a litttle confused and thought mine should've been the month before it was lol.

Yeah, I checked my history of birchboxs when they sent out that email about ordering from previous boxes. My first box was March 2012. So, March 2013 was my 13th box. I didn't get anything in February either.

I checked with BirchboxOps on Twitter and they said that I should expect a discount code soon. So it doesn't appear to be an automatic at-month-12 thing. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I wouldn't worry too much... I think I got mine at 14 months.  I'm wondering if maybe they send htem out once a quarter or once every other month to everyone who's reached their 13th month by the time they send them out.

I just put myself on the waitlist for BB and I'm wondering how long it takes to get an invite?

Originally Posted by LadyK /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just put myself on the waitlist for BB and I'm wondering how long it takes to get an invite?
If it helps, it took about one and a half weeks before I got my invite a couple of days ago. The last time I put myself on the list, it took about a week. 

Does anyone know what to do if you get a duplicate item from a previous month? I've gotten the same sample two months in a row. Will they send you another sample if you ask?

Does anyone know what to do if you get a duplicate item from a previous month? I've gotten the same sample two months in a row. Will they send you another sample if you ask?
No but they will credit you 100 points

Hi There!

I am curious about BB's membership and shipping model.  When someone signs up for a year long subscription-is that the first time they are billed and is that also the first day of their subscription?  Does each person who signs up have a different subscription start date?  I noticed that they only ship out boxes once a month-is there a cutoff date for when you can sign up to be included in that month's box?  If so when is it and is it clear that, that is the final date to sign up for that month's shipment?

Tillie 

Good morning all!I'm hoping someone can help me here without me having to contact BB.This is my situation..Upon reading some on here I learned that you can gift yourself a subscription even though on BB it says you can't, just by using two different email addresses/accounts.On November 24th I decided to join the BB family and used account A to gift an "Ultimate Men's Collection" subscription to account B.For those who don't know, the UMC is a yearly subscription and 5 full size items for $250.When I placed that order on the 24th I also took part in the free Mystery Pack for spending over $35.On the 25th I received an email for account A stating that the first box had been shipped out to account B and that account B would be notified tomorrow.On the 26th, account B received an email stating I was gifted a subscription, my first box had shipped and I needed to go on and fill out my profile. Done.My Mystery Pack came in the mail on Monday but I've yet to receive my box and it's been over a week.A friend of mine who has BB told me that it never takes that long for him to get a box.He also hold me that the shipping info always stays updated right until delivery at his door.My delivery status (on the BB site) has the box still in MD from the 27th of November, and I live in FL.
My delivery status (on USPS) has the box still in NJ from the 26th of November.
It does show a delivery date of yesterday or today (3rd or 4th), but it shows it in MD still..Has anyone experienced this?I just find it weird I haven't gotten my box OR the 5 full size items.

I also find it weird that on the BB site under my account it shows two different shipping numbers, as shown in the attached picture. 

When I put those numbers in separately to track them on the USPS site, they both come back the same (see attached also)Thanks in advance for any help. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Good morning all! I'm hoping someone can help me here without me having to contact BB. This is my situation.. Upon reading some on here I learned that you can gift yourself a subscription even though on BB it says you can't, just by using two different email addresses/accounts. On November 24th I decided to join the BB family and used account A to gift an "Ultimate Men's Collection" subscription to account B. For those who don't know, the UMC is a yearly subscription and 5 full size items for $250. When I placed that order on the 24th I also took part in the free Mystery Pack for spending over $35. On the 25th I received an email for account A stating that the first box had been shipped out to account B and that account B would be notified tomorrow. On the 26th, account B received an email stating I was gifted a subscription, my first box had shipped and I needed to go on and fill out my profile. Done. My Mystery Pack came in the mail on Monday but I've yet to receive my box and it's been over a week. A friend of mine who has BB told me that it never takes that long for him to get a box. He also hold me that the shipping info always stays updated right until delivery at his door. My delivery status (on the BB site) has the box still in MD from the 27th of November, and I live in FL. My delivery status (on USPS) has the box still in NJ from the 26th of November. It does show a delivery date of yesterday or today (3rd or 4th), but it shows it in MD still.. Has anyone experienced this? I just find it weird I haven't gotten my box OR the 5 full size items. I also find it weird that on the BB site under my account it shows two different shipping numbers, as shown in the attached picture.  When I put those numbers in separately to track them on the USPS site, they both come back the same (see attached also) Thanks in advance for any help. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
USPS tracking has been hosed lately. I had something shipped from Miami to Portland that only showed the it was accepted into the USPS system in FL Friday, and that was it. I received it yesterday. And there's one key word in your tracking: Newgistics. That shit takes *forever* in the best of times. The estimated delivery date is useless. I wouldn't bother wasting my time calling because they probably won't be able to do anything for a week.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

USPS tracking has been hosed lately. I had something shipped from Miami to Portland that only showed the it was accepted into the USPS system in FL Friday, and that was it. I received it yesterday.

And there's one key word in your tracking: Newgistics. That shit takes *forever* in the best of times. The estimated delivery date is useless. I wouldn't bother wasting my time calling because they probably won't be able to do anything for a week.

Thank you so much!

For gift subscriptions should they be able to review the boxes for points? I had emailed cs and she said it was fixed. But when I log on it now shows December box on its way. I know we have until the 10th so I don't want to miss out in points

Quote: Originally Posted by bubbalou33 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For gift subscriptions should they be able to review the boxes for points? I had emailed cs and she said it was fixed. But when I log on it now shows December box on its way. I know we have until the 10th so I don't want to miss out in points
This is exactly what I was coming to ask. I got my 2nd sub welcome box like 9 days ago but I am still not able to review it and now I'm paranoid it'll be switched to the December box before I'm able to review the welcome box.

I know I read someone say on here that you are able to review welcome boxes but it takes forever to become available. What I wonder is what happens if they still haven't let me by the time it's time for December reviews?

I called cs about reviewing my welcome box. She was able to fix it and assured that she would work to make sure it didn't happen again for the remaining months of my gift sub. I replied with an email with reviews of the products and she manually added my points.

I'm so jealous of all of you who have been able to review the welcome box for your subs. 

I emailed several days ago (I got my welcome box SUPER late since it was sent newgistics (aka the snail not-express) and was told that you were not allowed to review the welcome box for points. I knew from reading here that many people HAD been able to so I wrote back and asked why others had. 

No response, so I emailed again and am waiting to hear back. Even though it's the 10th now. I should've called yesterday but it got away from me and the offices were closed before I remembered. Hopefully they'll still let me or something, but I'm bummed I seemed to have gotten the one CS rep who didn't know welcome boxes could be reviewed. 

Quote: Originally Posted by cari12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm so jealous of all of you who have been able to review the welcome box for your subs. 

I emailed several days ago (I got my welcome box SUPER late since it was sent newgistics (aka the snail not-express) and was told that you were not allowed to review the welcome box for points. I knew from reading here that many people HAD been able to so I wrote back and asked why others had. 

No response, so I emailed again and am waiting to hear back. Even though it's the 10th now. I should've called yesterday but it got away from me and the offices were closed before I remembered. Hopefully they'll still let me or something, but I'm bummed I seemed to have gotten the one CS rep who didn't know welcome boxes could be reviewed. 

I would ask if you could email them your reviews and have them manually input your points!  Their policy on welcome boxes is so inconsistent, and I don't see anywhere in the FAQs where it suggests you can't receive points on your welcome box samples.  It does mention being able to receive points for reviewing full size items you receive with your welcome box, so it only makes sense that the samples themselves would be eligible as well (at least to me!).  If you can't review welcome boxes, they should put that in their FAQ and apply it consistently!

Does anyone know how to tell which of your friends signed up for Birchbox? I just got an email from Birchbox saying one of my friends clicked my referral link and I will get 50 points once they get off the wait list... I have NO idea who clicked my referral link because I posted it on Facebook haha

Back