Favorite drugstore items for SS?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I tend to buy:

• Rimmel London: (love their liners and use Clover frequently)
  • NYX: (I'll never say no to NYX even if I already own the color) specifically their automatic eyeliners and lip liners, their jumbo lip liners, their lipsticks and glide on eyeliners.
  • Wet n Wild: especially any of the new LE items. I hate going all the way out to Fred Meyer to see if MAYBE they have the LE items which has resulted in me not buying WnW lately.
  • Maybelline: specifically the Tattoo shadows. I own most of the core ones and all of the older LE ones but like WnW I haven't been able to find any of the newer LE ones released within the last three to four months.
  • ULTA line of shower gels and body lotions. I'm in lust with their Buttercream Cupcake line. Actually anything that smells like a vanilla cupcake I'm good with.
  • Every Drop Spatulas: I never can have enough of those.
    http://www.containerstore.com/shop/giftWrapWonderland/stockingStuffers?productId=10032831&N=62523
    http://www.containerstore.com/shop/giftWrapWonderland/stockingStuffers?productId=10036527&N=62523&Nao=50
  • Lotion Saver Bottle Couplers: Oh I love these because I travel and like to take my own stuff with me rather than buy travel size products these help pouring from the big bottle into the smaller one so much easier!

Oh I don't take bathes, only showers.
I've never seen the Every Drop Spatulas...those are cool!!!

I've tried a couple NYX lippies but nothing else outside of that! You know what mass market item I am really into? Those High Gloss chubby stick like lip thingys made by Hard Candy. I really love that line! If you haven't checked them out yet, you should! Out of all my lippies - high end and drug store - I probably use those the most.

I love Wet n Wild polishes and eyeshadows, Bonnebell eyeliners, Nyx (although this isn't really drug store around here since I can only find it in Target at not cheap prices), Essence (I wish my tiny Shoppers carried LE items like the mainland stores), Hard Candy mascaras (Ginormous Lash is my HG), Sally Hansen polishes.

My surprise favourite is Kozmic Colours nail polish from Dollarama. I love these polishes and own almost all of them. I'd totally suggest all the Canadian nail polishers try them.

Quote: Originally Posted by KellyKaye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Also, another brand that I am sending my SS would be EcoTools brushes. They are great brushes as well as Real Techniques and Ulta usually has them for BOGO 50% off. I would highly suggest them to anyone.

My favorite brush is my Real Techniques eyeshadow crease brush.

When I read your post, I immediately thought - ARE YOU MY SECRET SANTA?!
w00t.gif
 Just kidding...or am I?!?! 

I only thought of it because I put drugstore makeup brushes on my wish list... 
smilehappyyes.gif

@ KellyKaye- it's not letting me quote you for some reason, but YES! That's the one!! Thank youuuuu! I have a confession to make. ahem. Before Secret Santa I had never shopped at Ulta...! I don't have one near me, and since I'm more of a Sephora kinda girl, anyway, I never even bothered to go on their website. That is, until I got my Secret Santa assignment! aaaand realized a couple of the things on her wishlist couldn't be bought anywhere BUT Ulta, so guess who just made her first order????! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@ KellyKaye- it's not letting me quote you for some reason, but YES! That's the one!! Thank youuuuu! I have a confession to make. ahem. Before Secret Santa I had never shopped at Ulta...! I don't have one near me, and since I'm more of a Sephora kinda girl, anyway, I never even bothered to go on their website. That is, until I got my Secret Santa assignment! aaaand realized a couple of the things on her wishlist couldn't be bought anywhere BUT Ulta, so guess who just made her first order????! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Awwwwwww! Yay! I love my ulta rewards that's why I always shop on the site. Plus, I really like that they sell high and low end products! P,us you can't beat the BOGO on the brushes! Also, they send some really great samples.

Love this thread! My faves/things I want to try: Maybelline Color Tattoos-have a few LE ones I won in Spring, but none of the current collection! Revlon Lip Butters The new Revlon Colorburst Mattes NYX Jumbo Pencils Physicians Formula blushes & bronzers

Love this thread! My faves/things I want to try: Maybelline Color Tattoos-have a few LE ones I won in Spring, but none of the current collection! Revlon Lip Butters The new Revlon Colorburst Mattes NYX Jumbo Pencils Physicians Formula blushes & bronzers
I just bought one of the new Physicians Formula Blushes for my friend in Germany! We're doing a Christmas beauty/makeup swap and she loves blushes, so I picked up the one with hearts! It's super cute! Plus there's a mirror AND a brush on the underside of the compact!

Quote: Originally Posted by Tiffany27la /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's awesome! It's good to have a "balancing" beauty partner..my mom has no clue there is any other makeup brand in existence besides Merle Norman. blagh
ugh! all of the old people at my job love merle norman. (people 70+)

I love most Revlon lip products. I'm especially interested in trying the new matte balm stains. The L'Oreal le matte/le laque lip pencils look pretty great as well. The L'Oreal ones might make a good gift for any lipstick lovers, especially since they are limited edition and some people are having a hard time finding them. This doesn't exclusively apply to drugstore stuff, but to me, any mini or trial size items of pretty much anything are really fun. I enjoy getting to try out new things, and if they are minis, even if I don't end up liking it, at least no one spent a bunch of money on it and I don't feel like I'm wasting a lot of product if I don't use it much.

Quote: Originally Posted by Bethesda1234 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love most Revlon lip products. I'm especially interested in trying the new matte balm stains. The L'Oreal le matte/le laque lip pencils look pretty great as well. The L'Oreal ones might make a good gift for any lipstick lovers, especially since they are limited edition and some people are having a hard time finding them. This doesn't exclusively apply to drugstore stuff, but to me, any mini or trial size items of pretty much anything are really fun. I enjoy getting to try out new things, and if they are minis, even if I don't end up liking it, at least no one spent a bunch of money on it and I don't feel like I'm wasting a lot of product if I don't use it much.
Just ran across this great blog article on how to get new revlon colorburst balm for 79 CENTS today at Walgreens: http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.com/2013/11/how-to-get-revlon-matte-or-lacquer-balm.html  
yess.gif

I love the Wet n Wild polishes from their Fast Dry line--the ones in the round bottle. My favorite nail polish ever is Wet n Wild 9.0.2.1.0range. Sage in the City is one of my favorite bright greens. They last as well as any polish I've used. I second the recommendations on the Revlon Lip Butters. I own almost every color because I love the formula. The Maybelline Color Whispers are very shear on me. The only ones that show up well are Pin Up Peach, A Plum Prospect, and Orange Attitude. I would say if you want something that kind of feels like the Revlon Lip Butters, but is way less pigmented, the Color Whispers are the way to go. I just started buying Milani lip sticks and they are amazing, especially the one called Orange-Gina, except it tastes like watermelon. I love the NYX lip pencil in Pumpkin. I'm not sure those are considered drugstore around here because the only place that sells them is Ulta, but NYX is cheap and their products work great.

@usofjessamerica They had one brow box, but it was $14 and it had been pretty dug into :/ so I didn't grab it!  It makes me soo angry that people would do that to makeup and then leave it there!! I mean, for real!?

@usofjessamerica  They had one brow box, but it was $14 and it had been pretty dug into :/ so I didn't grab it!  It makes me soo angry that people would do that to makeup and then leave it there!! I mean, for real!?
The Ulta nearest where I live ... If it's not sealed, it has been swatched, even if there's 10 of the same item and a freaking tester. Gross.

Quote: Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  ugh! all of the old people at my job love merle norman. (people 70+)
Yeah, it's an epidemic lol

Quote: Originally Posted by peridotcricket /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The Ulta nearest where I live ... If it's not sealed, it has been swatched, even if there's 10 of the same item and a freaking tester. Gross.

I almost exclusively buy Nyx items online for this exact reason..

In other news, I got the Vaseline Rosy Lips tub.. and it is awesome my lips feel soooo good.

[@]elizabethrose[/@] Ick! That's so much for checking!!!! I didn't spot any vasalines when I was at target but I'll keep an eye out for you still. UGH. My target just got NYX. I was showing them to my boyfriend and explaining "Milk" to him THEN HE OPENED IT AND SWATCHED IT. I was so mad! He was so confused and didn't get why we couldn't do that in target but it's all good in Sephora. Also, none of the NYX items were wrapped. Is that normal?

Back