Favorite drugstore items for SS?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by usofjessamerica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@elizabethrose Ick! That's so much for checking!!!! I didn't spot any vasalines when I was at target but I'll keep an eye out for you still.

UGH. My target just got NYX. I was showing them to my boyfriend and explaining "Milk" to him THEN HE OPENED IT AND SWATCHED IT. I was so mad! He was so confused and didn't get why we couldn't do that in target but it's all good in Sephora. Also, none of the NYX items were wrapped. Is that normal?

I found one (the Vaseline)!  And they were at sale at my Target so if you're in the mood to stock up.. do it.

Hahahaha at least he's learning and you're teaching him... that makes me less mad than looking at the Nyx items and being like "did a small child come through and color the walls?  I'm confused.."  But they're never wrapped at Ulta.. my Target only sells specific Nyx items, it's very bizarre.

Brands that I've tried and love:

• Revlon
  • Maybelline
  • Neutrogena mascaras
  • Physician's Formula lash booster eyeliner
  • Yes to Carrots
  • Flower (Drew Barrymore x Wal-Mart)
  • Sinful Colors
  • EOS lip balms
  • Nivea Kiss of Shine lip gloss
  • Simple makeup remover wipes
  • EcoTools and Real Techniques (FYI - last year EcoTools had a 50% off everything Cyber Monday sale + free shipping)

Brands that I have yet to try:

• I currently do not own anything from L'Oreal and I have never tried anything from Wet n Wild.

I'm not crazy about NYX. I tried their eye shadow and blush from Ipsy and wasn't impressed. I own the jumbo pencil in Milk and a red lip liner. I wouldn't mind trying some of their lip products.

Want to chime in even though my favorites are a lot of the same already posted!!

-I love Wet n' Wild eye shadows, my favorite palette is the Color Icon palette in Comfort Zone. I'd love to have Petal Pusher! I also love their blushes!!

-I really love NYX eye liners and would love to try some of their matte shadows!

-I'm a big fan of the Revlon ColorStay Whipped foundation. I never ever used drugstore foundation before I tried this - and it totally converted me. Before I got it I used only Smashbox, Benefit, and Stila.

-My favorite mascara is Maybelline The Falsies Flared. For me, it works better than Benefit's They're Real and Tarte's Lights Camera Lashes. I've actually really liked most of the Maybelline mascaras I've tried!

I would love to try any drugstore balm stains/balms in a berry color! I have a hard time finding one that I love. I'd also love to try anything from Jordana or Milani!

Totally OT but I'm watching Pitch Perfect...one of my favorites, it never gets old!!

My absolute favorite brand for impulse binge purchases is essence.  I'm lucky enough to live in a major city with a particular chain of stores that for some strange reason gets pretty much *everything* that they sell in the US.  There was a trend edition (their term for limited edition) collection that was sold only there in the US last winter, and there were (maybe still are) some nail polish shades that are only sold there in the US.  And those stores have some things as regular year-round things that I'm fairly certain were listed as trend edition in other countries.

Heads up on Wet'n'Wild:  I was at a few Fred Meyers today (a long day of "Oh, crap, I forgot to get *this*"), and one of the stores had a section where WnW basically seemed to throw up all of its holiday stuff all over the place.  There were quite a few things I hadn't seen before, like the Color Icon Eyeshadow Medleys with three "shimmer overcoats" for the brow bone, three shadows for the lid, and two "matte definers" for lining and the Megaslicks Balm Stains.  And pretty much all of the makeup (essence, Maybelline, Rimmel, you name it) was buy-one-get-one-50%-off, *and* the Balm Stains (which I also hadn't seen before) and the new five-shade ColorIcon shadow palette (no clue whether they're LE or not, but they're the ones with names like I'm His Breezy and The Naked Truth) had $1 off coupons, so the five-shade palettes worked out to $2 each, and the balms were something like $1.25.  I may have overshopped.  And bought a bright blue shadow palette for myself.  MY POINT:  Keep an eye out for those new items with coupons!  

I absolutely adore: 

• revlon lippies: lip butters, lustrous lip glosses, creme finishes.  also revlon pressed powders 
  • wet and wild color icon blushes and some eyeshadows, also LOVE the wide brushed nail polishes
  • elf blushes and some of their brushes 
  • milani baked blushes
  • maybelline fit me concealer
  • nyx butter glosses

Would love to try more of: 

• Loreal nail polishes, also the telescopic mascara or any other good ones from that brand 
  • nyx butter lip balms 
  • maybelline color tattoo limited edition shades, esp. the recent nude ones 
  • maybelline mascaras
  • jordana--anything, I have yet to try this line!
  • I love physician's formula, but haven't tried much beyond their mascaras so if you have a favorite from here I'd love to try it!

Quote: Originally Posted by latinafeminista /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I absolutely adore: 

• revlon lippies: lip butters, lustrous lip glosses, creme finishes.  also revlon pressed powders 
  • wet and wild color icon blushes and some eyeshadows, also LOVE the wide brushed nail polishes
  • milani baked blushes
  • nyx butter glosses

• Loreal nail polishes, also the telescopic mascara or any other good ones from that brand 
  • nyx butter lip balms 
  • maybelline mascaras
  • I love physician's formula, but haven't tried much beyond their mascaras so if you have a favorite from here I'd love to try it!

I grabbed one of the Revlon Lip Butters the other day and it is SO AWESOME.  Where has this been my whole life?  I would use the whole line.

Quote: Originally Posted by elizabethrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I grabbed one of the Revlon Lip Butters the other day and it is SO AWESOME.  Where has this been my whole life?  I would use the whole line.
Yeah I totally agree.  I own about 5 colors (Lollipop, Berry Smoothie, Wild Watermelon, Candy Apple, Tutti Frutti) and I seriously went through a period of like a month where I exclusively wore lip butters they are just SO easy to wear and to re-apply.  Still would like to get Raspberry Pie.  What color did you get?

Yeah I totally agree.  I own about 5 colors (Lollipop, Berry Smoothie, Wild Watermelon, Candy Apple, Tutti Frutti) and I seriously went through a period of like a month where I exclusively wore lip butters they are just SO easy to wear and to re-apply.  Still would like to get Raspberry Pie.  What color did you get?

I got Candy Apple!  I love it.  Love love love.  Still probably won't resist the UD lippies Black Friday though.

Who's a lipstick addict?!

I got Candy Apple!  I love it.  Love love love.  Still probably won't resist the UD lippies Black Friday though.

Me!!! 
helpp.gif

I absolutely adore:

• milani baked blushes
  • nyx butter glosses

• nyx butter lip balms
  • maybelline mascaras

You're making me curious about trying them!

Me!

Quote: Originally Posted by KellyKaye /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Speaking of revlon Lip butters, everyone should own sweet tart.

Raspberry Pie & Sweet Tart are the two that I have. Obsessed with both of them. 
smile.gif

I love the Revlon Lip Butters, especially Wild Watermelon and Fig Jam, which incidentally is just about the best budget-friendly dupe for Clinique Black Honey I have ever seen. Also the Revlon Lip Stain Balm in Crush, Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers in Raisin and Fig, Burt's Bees Pomegranate lip balm, Neutrogena Mineral Sheers pressed powder foundation in Natural Ivory, NYC lipstick in Brandy Sparkle, NYX products. I also blush to admit this but I love to get the occasional ultra-cheap thrill with some L.A. Colors products from the Family Dollar--there is a lipstick I love which is a weird mauve-mocha hybrid, as well as a nice little blush/bronzer duo.

Back