Favorite Foundation for the more matured skin?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I've got you beat as I am 61. I use Estee Lauder Futurist because it is such a good match. It is has an SPF of 15 and has full coverage without looking like an undertaker just did you up. LOL I have sun damage too. It costs around $30.00 and until I find something better I don't mind paying that much. Also, if you buy it initially and find your perfect color you can buy it cheaper on E-Bay.

Joy

My best friends mom has started to use a brand that is at Walmart called Vital Radiance. it is supposed to be geared toward mature skin. she seems to love it. I haven't tried any of the products except the concealer. Although, it is geared for mature skin , I wanted to try it cause I have such dry skin and it supposed to hydrate. and so far, I like the concealer.

Hi!:icon_smil Kaeisme! I have been seeing a lot about that brand (Vital Radiance) on TV and saw a display at the drugstore by my house. It is supposed to be made for mature skin But I think they would work well on anyone with dry skin. I tried some of the testers at the store and they were really nice! I am ALWAYS looking for concealer that isn't greasy, doesn't cake, and doesn't crease cause I have really dry areas under my eyes even though my face is combo and I have to use oil free EVERYTHING! The products were really pretty and looked like they diffused light away from any not so beautiful things (like a wrinkle!). I will have to try the concealer when I run out of the one I am using now. (I go through concealer like a madwoman and buy a few at a time!I use them for concealing different spots, freckles, highlighting areas like the center of my nose or making my jawline look firm and defined, even shadow or lip base if I don't have my bases handy.) I have tried SO many and the one that I keep going back to is Revlon Colorstay with the wand because it goes thin and smooth but it isn't really moisturizing. Thanks for posting about this one. I will try it and since it is for dry, mature skin it may be just what I need! Thanks again! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Chermarie

Hi Kim! Take it from someone who did twenty five TWICE! with a couple of years to spare. I thought I would really notice a big difference or lightening would strike but, hey, the sun came up, I fed the cats and the people I loved and loved me talked and people STILL couldn't figure out if I was my son's wife, sister or what and I figured ...this isn't so bad. The only thing I notice is I am wiser, stronger, love deeper with more of my heart, hold life and loved ones more dear and value simple everyday things EVEN MORE! (I always have, but now it means even more). REALLY, I still feel 18! hehehe!:icon_lol: BUT that could be because I still ACT 18 as often as I can! Like you said, the key is toNOT FEEL IT! So when April comes you have FUN and enjoy! LOVE, LAUGH, AND HAVE A BLAST! Have a great b-day sweetie! hugs,:icon_love Chermarie

OMG! Reading this I had to laugh because it reminded me of my 35th birthday! I am 52 now and it didn't even faze me, it was just another day. But when I turned 35 I remember I was a wreck! What is so funny is that NOW people think I am 35!!! What is really funny is when I was 35 I was getting carded! It is funny how we get about b-days. I guess there are certain milestones in everyone's life that make us a little crazy:-- I wonder if it is just us women or if it is everyone?? Too funny! Well, at least we survived to laugh about it! Thanks for the smile!:icon_lol: Chermarie

I am 51 and have used BE, Pur Minerals and Sheer Cover. All of these mineral foundations accentuated by fine lines. It's probably okay for oily skin, but it definitely isn't good for dry skin. I personally use SeneGence MakeSense foundation. However, it costs $40.00.

I like the mineral foundations except for the accentuation of fine lines. My skin is not that dry and I use a day cream for dry skin every morning and a night cream for dry skin every night. Even when I apply mineral foundation over a "just fully moisturized" face, it settles into the fine lines.

i just turned 42 yesterday, and still feel 16, but i do now start to notice those wrinkles around the eyes--and its upsetting me...i use bare minerals as well...everywhere but on my eyes--i hate that they sell it as something to cover fine lines and wrinkles cause it doesnt--i get tons of compliments on my skin, but i use just some dermatologica concealer under my eyes--does anyone have any other tricks to apply the foundation and not have it settle in? i use velvet skin by DHC and that works somewhat--i did try their wrinkle filler--but that pulls on my skin and actually makes it look baggier...

any tips would be greatly appreciated.. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I use Merle Norman sheer defense tinted moisturizer and its fantastic but its $30.I'm 48 with pale dry skin and I use the lightest color.

Joann Did you get your foundation yet? I'd be interested in what you tried.

Hello Mummy,

I bought the Maybeline Mouse Makeup and it feels good on my skin when I put it on. However, a couple hours later it doesn't even look like I ever put make up on? Don't know why it doesn't stay fresh?

I also bought the Physician's Formula Mineral Wear. I agree it shouldn't be advertised to cover fine lines, because it doesn't either! I feel like it is a lost cause for me.:eusa_wall: I just can't seem to find one that looks good and stays good for the day.

Has anyone found a foundation that actually stays on and doesn't change colors on you during the day? Or do you guys re-apply your foundation mid day? Just curious! :icon_scratch:

I have been trying so many different foundations lately. One that I like is the Revon Colorstay with SoftFlex. (The Age Defying one seemed to make me a little oily.) It stays on me all day and I think I got a pretty good color match. That is one problem with the drugstore ones. You could buy some and try it and return it if it doesn't work for you.

JoAnn, I wish I would have seen this post sooner before you bought those products. Stay away from ANYTHING that says MATTE in it. Maybelline's Mousse is a matte finish and it doesn't wear well at all. It separates and gets greasy mid-day, although it looks nice when you first apply it, it doesn't stay true.

Secondly, don't use powder. ESP. mineral powders. Powders do nothing to hide lines and pores, they only magnify them a million times over. It's okay to set your foundation with a very light translucent loose powder with a fluffy brush to set it, but using powder AS a foundation for mature skin isn't a good idea.

Try something moisturizing, something creamy. My mother uses Revlon's Age Defying liquid foundation and it looks great on her. It's got SPF and moisturizes her skin enough to where fine lines are less visible. She never touches powder at all because her skin is too dry, but like I was saying before, if your makeup doesn't stay on too well or if you get a little oily, def. do try a loose translucent powder.. I think Cover Girl has some Professional Loose powder which I hear is pretty good. Good luck!

wow ... very good recs .. maybe i'll mention this to my mom

i think EL is a good foundation for mature skin too ... i know my mom has it ... (although she never wears it ... ) but .. i can't remember which foundation it was

Hello Scarlette,

Thank you so much for taking your time to tell me that information. I will try the Revlon. Walmart sells it. You are so right the Maybeline Mouse, looks good when I put it on, then just couple hours later, it looks bad. :eusa_wall:

I think the secret is to use one of the age difying kind, and maybe put it on again mid day, if I need to look descent all day. :laughing:

I like for a makeup to cover well, but not be too thick. That is the problem as we get more matured skin in finding one that works well. I just can't afford the $30-$40 kind at the department stores. So, I have to find one that I can buy under $15.00 !!! I will just keep buying and taking it back with my receipts until I find one I like!!! Have to when there are NO SAMPLES out there anymore!!!! :icon_scratch:

Back