Favorite Foundation for the more matured skin?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update on this post: today is April 3, 2008

I am now 62 and have tried several different kinds of foundations, and yet still not "in love" with any. I did try the EsterLauder foundation that comes in a compact. It has a pretty good coverage and does have a glow look that I like. However, it is nearly $35.00 !!!!

I tried the BE and it itched the fire out of my face!!! So, can't use that. :-(

The Revlon Anti Aging, doesn't stay for more than an hour or two. I need something in a compact form, in order to stay. But, I don't like the foundations that turn to powder!! Too drying and settles in my lines. HELP!!!

Has anyone found a compact foundation that goes on with a sponge which has a "glow" to it rather than the DRY look that can be bought in the drug stores for less money? I am curious if anything new is out there now?

I hope to hear from you gals with updates! :)

JoAnn in TEXAS

Thanks for the suggestions! I will check them out! Anyone else with suggestions for foundation for matured skin that you have tried and like?

I have used the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind. It looks cakey on me.

I also tried Sally Hansen's spray on airbrush foundation...not the right shade and the coverage is too light for me. But its close to what I am looking for.

Mineral makeup makes my fine lines stand out. (I will be 40 in June, btw)

I am having more of a problem with finding the right color than anything. I just ordered 5 bottles of Cover Girl clean makeup (the fragrance free kind) to see if I can match my shade. Once I find out what shade I use, I will try some of the other foundations mentioned.

I have a ton of freckles that get worse in the summertime. I need a good coverage foundation. I've tried Stilla tinted moisturizer and while its a good moisturizer, the coverage doesnt do it for me.

I'm so glad to see this thread!!! Good luck finding a good foundation...please let us know when you find it! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Cinemasecrets is a creamy compact foundation. I think it would do for mature skin. It's cheap too, and photographs well.

First off I'm 57, so I can relate to your question. I saw it mentioned that BE has bismouth....I didn't think it did so now I'm going to have to go look. I have the Revlon Age Defying makeup for liquid and I've tried lots of the drugstore brands and that would be my fave. Prescriptives was $32 and I hated it. I felt it was drying. I want to try Clinique that is $19. They told me at Sephora that it was the one with the most dewy look.

For the mineral samples I used signature minerals.com. You get 6 samples and the foundations, bronzers, blushes & veils are a huge amount in a cup. Shadows are in baggies (don't like). When you order the samples you can reorder immediately only they ask you don't get the same colors twice. I think they are every bit as good as BE and half the price when purchasing. They look great on me at night, really good....but in the daylight I feel like I look dry, maybe pasty like. Maybe I have too heavy a hand .... I don't know. I'm also wondering about primers, if they would help maintain some type of more dewy feel. Anyway....I hope this helps :)

Joann, Do you think you could skip the foundation, put concealer where you need it and do a bronzing that has a glow? I have marks now and it seems like any pimple I've ever had in my life....there is a scar for that wasn't there before. I'm doing this a lot especially with summer coming. moisturize well, sometimes I'll use a foundation stick....they seem to stay dewy on my (I have kinda dry skin), or skip it entirely and get a stick blush....I have them in browns, bronzes, peaches ... and it works. I also take my bronzer whether loose or in the stick (loose always with a glow though) and brush it across the bridge of my nose, dragging it down on each side toward the cheek and more lightly bring it across the cheek. I don't bother with the '3' but I do use it on my forehead kind of going around the whole hairline about 1.5 inch deep. It looks like I just got out of the sun. I don't know if I've explained this so it makes sense......ooooh yes, most Phys Formula products I love. I'll have to try the foundation.

oops p.s. I'm 57 so I can relate

I like that suggestion, I am not a all over foundation wearer anymore, I usually use concealer where needed and some foundation to even the the color out and add my favorite pressed powder.

Originally Posted by XOffendr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would try B.E. or a mineral foundation, too...My mother used L'Oreal Visible Lift, though, for years, and really liked it until I convinced her to start using department store foundation...I also gave her a jar of B.E. that didn't match my tone, and she really liked it a lot as well...I guess it depends on whether you want a heavier creamy foundation to help moisturize your mature skin type.
L'Oreal Visible lift is certainly in your price range...you can definitely get it for less than $15 
biggrin.gif

Back