Favorite Wine

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, then, you'll just have to start planning your next trip!!:rockwoot:

We could do a European Wine-Meet Up Party!! Yeah. Heck with Vegas. No, I didn't really mean that....I still want to go to Vegas..:eusa_whistle:

No wine. No time. Too busy in August.

Wait, ok, now it's September. Maybe I'll feel more like getting back on the experiment wagon in the autumn. I think I'm going to hold off on any wine-drinking until I get back to the States.

I like the Pink Champagne idea. I've never had any. Is it good? Which labels/brands are some of the good ones?

OK. Happy Sept. 11th. Not. I don't usually drink wine to become drunk...but I'm sorry, I've just got to get sloshed.

Without going into details....I think I'll choose maybe a white wine. I don't want to taint my perception of Red Wine, by simply using it to get inebriated.

I'm going with an Aigle from the Vallis region of Switzerland. I'm such a lightweight, I probably won't even be able to finish one entire bottle..I'm just going to drink until I start giggling at stupid things....:brsh:

i love the sweet cheap stuff....theres nothing better than a 4 dollar bottle of mogan david black berry. so good..so cheap. its great..since im on a budget :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

We enjoyed a Villa Maria Merlot from New Zealand last night...first decent bottle for awhile! Seems to be getting harder and harder to find a drinkable bottle for under £10, these days...we've sampled some really dodgy bottles of late! More recomendations, please!

On Friday night, I finally ended my wine drought!!:party:

We took out to dinner a freind whose 50th birthday it was. Well, he's half French, half Swiss and boy, it became clear very quickly he knew what the hell he was doing. He wqs very polite, almost shy, and just said..."I like to eat and drink well....".

Well, that was all I needed to hear, and when the wine list came, I said, let's let Daniel choose the wine. We would not be sorry. I even copied down the label, so I would not forget. I know this is a tasteless rookie move, I'm sure, but like I said, and as you all know, I don't put the effort in to learn about wine, I just enjoy it, so I didn't care.. :unsure: . It was:

1999 Vigna del Nocio

Vino Nobile di Montepulciano

BOSCARELLI

It was Italian and it kicked

my rear end. I only had a glass and a half.

It wasn't smooth like a French wine,

I could smell it long before it got near me, and it was strong, spicy and really good. It was a red wine, and I would recommend it to anyone.

It cost: 78.00 Swiss Francs.

about 52.00 Dollars.

But it was worth it..and we hadn't bought a bottle of wine with dinner in awhile so, it was ok. to spend the money. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Miss Golightly, under 10£? I know in California we have some awesome reds (well, I like them) and good whites that you can get for way under that..but here in Europe? I don't know. I'll keep looking, though. Where I live, a bottle of water costs that much. LOL.

So do I, Chardonnay is my favorite long soak in the bathtub wine. I like different kinds of wine. A while ago my daughter bought a bottle of Red that was excellent. She also bought a bottle of almond champagne that was so tasty my sister and I are still talking about it.

I love Cabernet Sauvignon mostly from Chile or South Africa. And a little Merlot too.

I love cab sav. I like Australian wines, especially from the hunter valley area.. they've got some awesome vineyards up there!

But yeah.. I love wine - especially really deep, berry flavoured merlots and fresh, fruity chardonays. I tried Slanje (slange?) on a wine tasting tour reccently and they said it will become the next big thing. It was awesome stuff!

I don't like the regular wines. They are not sweet enough for me. I do love fruit wines though. I just picked bottles of Peach, Cranberry, and Cherry from a local winery. They are so good and are quite potent.

Back