February 2014 -- SquareHue SPOILERS

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The green sort of reminds me of that horrifying chartreuse from the Serengeti collection only with shimmer/microglitter.  The shimmer makes all the difference to me.  Whereas I hated Grassland Safari, I might really like this one.  As of this moment, the blue is my favourite for sure.

And Shibuya in the bottle looks like a duchrome to me.  I might love it.  I'll find out later when I do my mani tonight.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ooh, my kinds of colors! Totally not what I was expecting for February! Sky blue shimmer? There is always room for another one in my life. Is the green base a cream or a shimmer?
The green, Roppongi, is not a cream base it is a shimmer base.  I am swatching them on my nails right now. 

I just put them on swatch sticks and holy hell, these are freakin' gorgeous!   Sibuya isn't a duochrome but it is phenomenal!  I love the blue too but this purple...I can't decide which I like better.  

Quote: Originally Posted by disconik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My guesses if traditional aspect is taken:

A delicate pink emulating cherry blossoms

Crimson red for the flag

Maybe a green tea type color - personally i would love one the color of green tea ice cream

Modern Aspect:

Hot pink since it's big in harajuku

A turquoise and purple duochrome

An orange leaning salmon color

Hey I got two right!!

Aw, sad face, I got the your-order-has-shipped email but not the stamps.com one with the tracking. I'm going to assume it's a disappearing email issue (and I already checked spam) and wait until the end of the week to see if it arrives before I poke CS.

My tracking updated and it's out for delivery today, hopefully yours will be there when you get home today! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Meh..  Sort of.  The green is a bit more chartreuse  on than green tea color.  But I really like all of them!

BROKEN LINKS FOR THE PICS oops cap lock.  Can you fix the pics?

.  Quote:

Originally Posted by luckyme502 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

With flash

Without flash

Both of these are two coats, no top coat.  I find them to be very sheer. 

My tracking updated and it's out for delivery today, hopefully yours will be there when you get home today! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Fingers crossed! I really want to paint my nails with that blue now because OMG YOU GUYS IT'S SNOWING! This is not an area that gets much snow. It won't last for another ten minutes, but it still puts me in the mood for that blue.

Quote: Originally Posted by DonnaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think I fixed them.  It was weird because it was working for me on my computer, but when I check with my phone, the pics weren't there.

Fingers crossed! I really want to paint my nails with that blue now because OMG YOU GUYS IT'S SNOWING! This is not an area that gets much snow. It won't last for another ten minutes, but it still puts me in the mood for that blue.

I'm not surprised. I saw the weather report for the week this morning and laughed, then intepreted it as "it might snow this week, but we really don't know yet."

Quote: Originally Posted by luckyme502 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I think I fixed them.  It was weird because it was working for me on my computer, but when I check with my phone, the pics weren't there
I find them to be on the sheer side too but I love the purple and blue so much, I'd be willing to do 3 or 4 coats.

Quote: Originally Posted by TheSilverNail /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Woot!  Those colors and finishes make me happy!!  And, hey, I got one of the names right, Ginza.  I think these colors and finishes go very well with Harajuku style as advertised.

Btw, Sara, you might want to make your picture hidden but clickable for those who don't want to see the colors yet... although this thread IS labeled spoilers.  ;-)

woops i'm sorry if i messed up the surprise for anyone! i'm still learning......love love love the colors though, and i usually stalk this thread starting on the 30 or 31st, so thanks ladies for all the past spoilers :)

Quote: Originally Posted by thehook21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

woops i'm sorry if i messed up the surprise for anyone! i'm still learning......love love love the colors though, and i usually stalk this thread starting on the 30 or 31st, so thanks ladies for all the past spoilers :)
I didn't mean to sound critical, and as I said, this thread **is** labeled "spoilers." 
icon_biggrin.gif

Toppongi is extremely sheer but interesting.  Ginza's almost a chrome.  And I do think Shibuya is a duochrome.  It looks purplish in the bottle but more pink on the nail, with a blue-purple flash.

Just got done swatching them and I thing this is my favorite month out of the short three months that I've had the sub. So pretty!

Shibuya definitely does get a hint of purple at different angles and I can't get a clear shot of it straight on here because the light keeps reflecting purple back at me.

Ginza is freaking awesome!  The shimmer is amazing and almost looks like a foil.  

This is only my second square hue box but one thing i've loved about them is that the polishes have SO much shine on their own and dry to such a slick finish that they already look top coated.  

Quote: Originally Posted by disconik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Shibuya definitely does get a hint of purple at different angles and I can't get a clear shot of it straight on here because the light keeps reflecting purple back at me.
lol, I could get a clear shot of Shibuya straight on, where it looks more pink, but couldn't get a good picture of the purple duochrome look!

Back