FESS UP..... Most expensive purchase?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Kiss_My_Tiara /img/forum/go_quote.gif

SassyAuburn you know what's going to happen to your Manolo's if you don't wear them, they're going to go out of style sitting in your closet.  I did that with a pair of Emilio Pucci's, now they're in the back of my closet.  I used to save things for a special occasion then I realized that every day is special and I should enjoy it.  Not only will you enjoy showing off your Manolo's, your friends will love seeing them and you'll get tons of compliments.  Your family may want to buy you another pair once they see you wearing them and getting their money's worth out of them!
heart.gif

PS.......Scotch Guard your shoes, I do that with microfibers and silks.
DAMN RIGHT girlfriend!  I will wear them as much as possible next week. It's not like I don't own  enough black and white clothes to go with them.  The purse gets its use, that's for sure.... but now the Manolos are going to be in front of me so I can't avoid them anymore!!!

Originally Posted by SassyAuburn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

DAMN RIGHT girlfriend!  I will wear them as much as possible next week. It's not like I don't own  enough black and white clothes to go with them.  The purse gets its use, that's for sure.... but now the Manolos are going to be in front of me so I can't avoid them anymore!!!

Now you're talking and soon everyone is going to be talking about your fab shoes, what greater way to affirm you love them~!

my most expensive thing would probably be $250-300 range.  Would be willing to spend up to $300-$400 on something I really couldn't live without.  But so far haven't found that yet. 

musingmuse Yes, well, the same could be said for a lot of your posts, as you at the same time ignorantly & shallowly mock me for giving a sh*t about something other than designer handbags and shoes. It truly disgusts me that so many people simply cannot understand or even empathize with the suffering of other living beings and put material things in their lives ahead of helping others, especially when their own families came from nothing, using lame excuses for doing so, and slagging anybody who actually DOES care about issues like this. My family actually happen to be Russian immigrants as well, thanks, so your situation is not so different from mine. I had to laugh when I read that reasoning. They were dirt poor and worked their arses off to save for future generations, so we didn't have to suffer and work as hard as they did. But they also taught us that the world we live in and the condition of those around us *are* OUR responsibility, that there is always somebody worse off in life than we might feel ourselves, to always think of others who have nothing next to our something, and to do what we are able to help them. I thank my grandparents for teaching me that. So, hey, go ahead and condemn me for being a terrible human being, on a SOAP BOX. Better a soap box than a Prada shoe box, looking down your nose at others who 'bother' you on the streets of Vancouver. We are all just one personal disaster away from being on the streets ourselves, whether you wake up and realize it or not. Karma is a lot more real than any designer bag. As was once said:

• The life of a single human being is worth a million times more than all the property of the richest [hu]man on earth.
  • Far more important than a good remuneration is the pride of serving one's neighbor.

@ musingmuse  : I am no longer in a wheel chair. Vancouver General Hospital gave me an unnecessary medication which paralyzed me. I was like that for a year and a half but started walking about 3 months ago after my husband did a type of Javanese (Indonesian) energy healing on me. Couldn't care less who believes in that stuff or not. With my family's background, I grew up around a lot of stuff like that, and I am living proof that it does work. Would never have walked without it according to my neurologist. Still have months of physiotherapy ahead of me to be able to walk 100% normally again.

Incidentally, I should have directed the above post at GirlyEnthusiast  as well, as she was the one who initially made the comment regarding me being on a 'soap box'. The comments I made should not have been directed only at you. My mistake, but I stand by what I said 100%.

this is gonna be my last post... about this...this is a democratic country.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
and i am entitled to my opinion.

So many people are on the streets by CHOICE. I would KNOW. My relatives went through poverty, alcoholism, and homelessness and are still back in Russia. Not much ever changed when we send them money...they need mental help from government, but Russian government is not as generous as western countries. OK... Now, in Canada... There is help available - medication, temporary housing, mental health services, temporary employment, welfare, etc. And the homeless take it for granted....instead they continue with that lifestyle. You will give them social housing.. and they will mess it up.

I could be on the streets too, but I choose not to! When I have a problem, I get professional help! I am responsible for my own future.

Oh and, in my opinion, judging from your shopaholism posts.. you seem to spend a lot more money... on random things...rather than put your energy into helping the homeless.

oh and "A City of Vancouver study estimates it costs $40,000 per person per year, including emergency shelter costs and medical attention."

while the rest of us have to  pay ridiculous amount of taxes.

Originally Posted by satojoko /img/forum/go_quote.gif

musingmuse Yes, well, the same could be said for a lot of your posts, as you at the same time ignorantly & shallowly mock me for giving a sh*t about something other than designer handbags and shoes. It truly disgusts me that so many people simply cannot understand or even empathize with the suffering of other living beings and put material things in their lives ahead of helping others, especially when their own families came from nothing, using lame excuses for doing so, and slagging anybody who actually DOES care about issues like this. My family actually happen to be Russian immigrants as well, thanks, so your situation is not so different from mine. I had to laugh when I read that reasoning. They were dirt poor and worked their arses off to save for future generations, so we didn't have to suffer and work as hard as they did. But they also taught us that the world we live in and the condition of those around us *are* OUR responsibility, that there is always somebody worse off in life than we might feel ourselves, to always think of others who have nothing next to our something, and to do what we are able to help them. I thank my grandparents for teaching me that. So, hey, go ahead and condemn me for being a terrible human being, on a SOAP BOX. Better a soap box than a Prada shoe box, looking down your nose at others who 'bother' you on the streets of Vancouver. We are all just one personal disaster away from being on the streets ourselves, whether you wake up and realize it or not. Karma is a lot more real than any designer bag. As was once said:

• The life of a single human being is worth a million times more than all the property of the richest [hu]man on earth.
  • Far more important than a good remuneration is the pride of serving one's neighbor.

I am glad you're walking again...

@ musingmuse  : I am no longer in a wheel chair. Vancouver General Hospital gave me an unnecessary medication which paralyzed me. I was like that for a year and a half but started walking about 3 months ago after my husband did a type of Javanese (Indonesian) energy healing on me. Couldn't care less who believes in that stuff or not. With my family's background, I grew up around a lot of stuff like that, and I am living proof that it does work. Would never have walked without it according to my neurologist. Still have months of physiotherapy ahead of me to be able to walk 100% normally again.

Incidentally, I should have directed the above post at GirlyEnthusiast  as well, as she was the one who initially made the comment regarding me being on a 'soap box'. The comments I made should not have been directed only at you. My mistake, but I stand by what I said 100%.

Originally Posted by musingmuse /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sat, why do you seem so angry at society?

I'd be curious to know the answer to that too. Also, why can't people buy prada shoes and makeup and still help people? I don't understand what's so wrong about that.

This is supposed to be a playful thread about what were our most expensive purchases.  This isn't really the thread where we are looking for unnecessary preaching about why we shouldn't.  I too am feeling that same vibe that you trying to start arguments.  That's called Trolling.  

Quote:  Originally Posted by satojoko /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wrote in here earlier about my most expensive makeup purchase, but my most expensive beauty product that I've purchased is my Clarisonic.  I got the two speed one that came with mini face washes from their line and a body brush came with it, too.  It was over $200, but worth EVERY penny!  I haven't had any imperfections on my face/neck since I started using it.  I use it at least 2-3 tmes per week.  Really keeps your skin flawless and your pores unclogged!  Get one, it's worth it!

Originally Posted by MakeupofDesire /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wrote in here earlier about my most expensive makeup purchase, but my most expensive beauty product that I've purchased is my Clarisonic.  I got the two speed one that came with mini face washes from their line and a body brush came with it, too.  It was over $200, but worth EVERY penny!  I haven't had any imperfections on my face/neck since I started using it.  I use it at least 2-3 tmes per week.  Really keeps your skin flawless and your pores unclogged!  Get one, it's worth it!
Have you tried the Opium which is also made by Clarisonic?  I'm a fan of vitamin-c serums under my moisturizer and am considering purchasing one for that purpose. I love beauty gadgets but am tired of buying things that wind up under the sink and I never use.

Exactly. there is nothing wrong with spoiling yourself.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by janetgriselle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'd be curious to know the answer to that too. Also, why can't people buy prada shoes and makeup and still help people? I don't understand what's so wrong about that.

iagree.gif
but anyway...I think the most expensive 'clothing' purchase was when I went to NEW YORK for the first time. It was after New Years and I splurged on ties for my bf..totalled $300.

Originally Posted by Kiss_My_Tiara /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I thought this was going to be a fun topic but the life has been sucked right out of it.

I got DKNY ties for $10-$15 dollars, Valentino and Dolce and Gabanna for $50, and Gucci for $70, I believe most were DKNY because they were so cheap.... I believe i got 7 or 8 ties.

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So how many ties did you get for $300?

A friend of ours was walking to a bar on Granville St with some of his friends.  A panhandler was harrassing them, he refused to give the beggar some $ and the guy took an blade and slashed our friend in the back!  He needed stitches and tetanus shots.  

I've not had a day when I go downtown that I am not asked for asked for $.  I have had some really creative panhandlers, 1 was selling compliments - 1 compliment for $0.25 or 4 for $1.  I thought it was sooo cute that I couldn't resist.  I wasn't expecting compliments but he did follow me down the street giving me compliments.  It made my day :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by musingmuse /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You do realize that young women when walking alone are an easy target for homeless, pan-handlers, junkies, and sex offenders that easily roam around the streets of Vancouver. May I also add that many of the homeless have homes! :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I saw a homeless man doing a trick, putting his cup of change in the middle of the street waiting for someone to knock it by accident, then make the person feel bad about it and asking for money. Then my friends followed him...for a few hours...and he lived in a house.

Btw, I have read your profile, and it said you are in a wheelchair? Is this true? How did it happen.

Back