FESS UP..... Most expensive purchase?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is sooo cheap!  I was thinking you got 1 or 2 ties for $300.

Originally Posted by musingmuse /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got DKNY ties for $10-$15 dollars, Valentino and Dolce and Gabanna for $50, and Gucci for $70, I believe most were DKNY because they were so cheap.... I believe i got 7 or 8 ties.

Originally Posted by musingmuse /img/forum/go_quote.gif

iagree.gif
but anyway...I think the most expensive 'clothing' purchase was when I went to NEW YORK for the first time. It was after New Years and I splurged on ties for my bf..totalled $300.

I love the city, the shopping is fabulous, you can spend a fortune or you can go treasure hunting and get great bargains.  I hope your bf appreciated your splurge!

Oh my god! I am so sorry about your friend getting slashed! :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> that sounds awful. Granville Street can be very dangerous.

There are good homeless that I don't mind giving some change...and then there are some who are very violent. I usually stay calm and say ' sorry, i dont carry change'

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

A friend of ours was walking to a bar on Granville St with some of his friends.  A panhandler was harrassing them, he refused to give the beggar some $ and the guy took an blade and slashed our friend in the back!  He needed stitches and tetanus shots.  

I've not had a day when I go downtown that I am not asked for asked for $.  I have had some really creative panhandlers, 1 was selling compliments - 1 compliment for $0.25 or 4 for $1.  I thought it was sooo cute that I couldn't resist.  I wasn't expecting compliments but he did follow me down the street giving me compliments.  It made my day :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I went to Century 21 department store in Manhattan, and they had some amazing deals on designer stuff...I couldn't resist!

I got stuff for everyone in my family!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

That is sooo cheap!  I was thinking you got 1 or 2 ties for $300.

I bought mine a couple months ago on HSN! I love it for my face, not so much for legs. But it was worth every penny just to get that god awful peachfuzz off my face lol

Right now, its my No-No.  It cost me $270 but it works and worth every penny.  

I think there has been quite enough bickering on this topic and this is certainly NOT the thread for it.  The Politics Forum would be the appropriate place to voice your socio-economic views and you are more than welcome to start threads there for those type of topics.  They do not belong in the General Beauty & Fashion Forum.  Please keep your posts on topic for the thread you are posting in.  If they persist I will move them to the appropriate forum.

Thank you,

Jeannine

Originally Posted by satojoko /img/forum/go_quote.gif

musingmuse Yes, well, the same could be said for a lot of your posts, as you at the same time ignorantly & shallowly mock me for giving a sh*t about something other than designer handbags and shoes. It truly disgusts me that so many people simply cannot understand or even empathize with the suffering of other living beings and put material things in their lives ahead of helping others, especially when their own families came from nothing, using lame excuses for doing so, and slagging anybody who actually DOES care about issues like this. My family actually happen to be Russian immigrants as well, thanks, so your situation is not so different from mine. I had to laugh when I read that reasoning. They were dirt poor and worked their arses off to save for future generations, so we didn't have to suffer and work as hard as they did. But they also taught us that the world we live in and the condition of those around us *are* OUR responsibility, that there is always somebody worse off in life than we might feel ourselves, to always think of others who have nothing next to our something, and to do what we are able to help them. I thank my grandparents for teaching me that. So, hey, go ahead and condemn me for being a terrible human being, on a SOAP BOX. Better a soap box than a Prada shoe box, looking down your nose at others who 'bother' you on the streets of Vancouver. We are all just one personal disaster away from being on the streets ourselves, whether you wake up and realize it or not. Karma is a lot more real than any designer bag. As was once said:

• The life of a single human being is worth a million times more than all the property of the richest [hu]man on earth.
  • Far more important than a good remuneration is the pride of serving one's neighbor.

A pair of Giorgio Armani sun glasses, only to have them stolen 3 weeks later.

With clothes it varies. I like to mix and match pieces, from vintage (consignment stores) to high end boutique. The last splurge was a beautiful fuschia Calvin Klein party dress.

I also bought a beautiful pair of black riding boots and a pair of black biker rainboots last winter. 

I have no guilt when I buy some high priced items because I don't buy things on a whim. I like to do a little research on it and then decide in my heart of hearts if I MUST have it. 

Very rarely will I buy expensive items spontaneously, why? See the first sentence. 

The only thing I really splurge on now is computers.  I'm a pretty big gamer so I have to have a good computer.  I build a new one every few years for about 800-900.  They are top of the line so if I were to buy a similar one from the store it would probably be like 3-4 times more.  I used to splurge on clothes before I joined MUT, now my obsession is makeup.  I own about 15 pairs of True Religion, a handful of Citizens of Humanity and 7 for All Mankind and a TON of Juicy things.  I also have some Burberry, Chanel and Louis Vuitton items too.  My interest in clothing completely dropped when I joined this site.  I did have a short lived shoe obsession too.  I still love shoes but it was scary for a while haha.  I tripled or quadrupled my shoe collection in a few months.   Now all I do is buy makeup but for whatever reason I usually don't splurge that often.

I bought two Micheal Kors handbags at $250 and $350, one Louis Vuitton handbag at $800, one Prada handbag at $900, a clutch from Diane Von Furstenberg at $400 and a clutch from Kotur at $450. But I'm slowly building my collection!

Back