Fortune Cookie Soap Box: Fall Soap Box 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw the first post on this thread and pretty much yelled OH MY GOD!!! , at work.  I LOVE this theme!!!!!!   :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I liked some parts of the summer box but wasn't sure if I should stay subscribed but now I'm sooooo glad I did.  I was totally obsessed with this movie as a kid.  The first spoiler already makes the box for me.  I'm going to go sit in a quiet place until I can calm down now.  I'm afraid if I don't I will start dancing down halls and hugging strangers.  
AHAHA I felt the same way! While I'm a HUGEEEE fan of fall scents (give me all the baked goods scented candles in the world!) I am also a ridiculously huge fan of Judy Garland and The Wizard of Oz. SO. EXCITE. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I subbed.. Hopefully, the scents will be fall fragrances. Last year's fall box looks awesome on their website.. Now, if those red soaps had been in the shape of ruby slippers, that would have been SUPER AMAZING- but also contrary to their " fortune cookie' shape, of course. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Now I can't get the image of sparkling ruby slipper soaps out of my head, ha ha.

I can't wait! This will be my first FCS box, and I have to admit, I'm not sad I missed out on the Summer box. The whole Candyland line sounded too sweet smelling for my tastes. To me, it sounds like maybe some of the box will be fall scent themed, and some won't. Which I don't mind, and I actually like 

banana scents
so this should be a good box for me!

SO EXCITED FOR THIS BOX. Love the theme! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Also getting pumped for Christmas in July! I've been holding off on ordering some things & I'm hoping I can shop quick enough to get them on sale. Anyone know if you can get your cart ready ahead of time, or do they clear them? Might have to just write everything down so I can remember all the things I want to get!

Excited for Christmas in July too!! Do we know any details about when the sale goes live or what will be on sale? I'm literally making a payment on my Bill Me Later account today so I have enough credit available for a $100 no payments for 6 months purchase. 

From Shannon, via the FCS Fan Group:

"Here's a quick run down- most products buy 2 get 1 free, all cookies 50% off (including new xmasones), free shipping for the first 50 orders, free shipping for the first 10 Int. orders, plus the return of some old xmas faves :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

ETA: She also said they're working on making it so you can add the product to your cart & then use drop down boxes to pick the 3 scents you want. For the B2G1. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure it's at 6 PM CST! Someone correct me if I'm wrong. 

ETA: Yes, just found that confirmed in the group :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 6 PM CST!

Codes for free shipping will be:

XMASFREESHIP (only good for the first 50 uses)

INTFREESHIP(only good for the first 10 uses)

I don't think I'm even going to bother trying to grab the Christmas stuff. Sounds like it sells out really quickly & that's just going to slow me down if I have to edit my cart to get rid of out of stock stuff. 

Sticking to my original list: :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Sugar Scrubs: Captain's Berried Booty, Polyjuice Potion, Butterbeer

Whipped Creme: Captain's Berried Booty, Polyjuice Potion, Butterbeer, Make It Rain

Body Wash: Polyjuice Potion, Butterbeer, Make It Rain

Mist Me: Polyjuice Potion, Butterbeer, Make It Rain

Wax Tarts: Captain's Berried Booty, Polyjuice Potion, Butterbeer

& the Lick Your Lips Exfoliating Solid Body Butter Bar

Working on my list right now! Anyone used their conditioner bars? I have this weirdly massive surplus of shampoo compared to all my conditioner so the bars could come in handy, not sure if I'd really like them since I have really dry hair and typically use a ton of conditioner.

Working on my list right now! Anyone used their conditioner bars? I have this weirdly massive surplus of shampoo compared to all my conditioner so the bars could come in handy, not sure if I'd really like them since I have really dry hair and typically use a ton of conditioner.
Yes, I've used them, they're nice. I'm planning on picking up some shampoo and conditioner bars since I'm surprisingly running out of those. I'd say they're harder to use than the shampoo bars, but condition nicely.

Ah shoot, maybe I should grab a shampoo & conditioner bar to try out. Just can't decide on a scent... :blink:

So basically it needs to be at least $100 in order to not have to worry about paying it off for a few months on Bill Me Later. Challenge accepted.

Here's my list as of right now:

Fortune cookie soaps: Hazelnut Cappuccino, Polyjuice Potion, Lollipop Your Cherry, Lemon Drop It Like It's Hot, Rock Your Socks Off, The Sweet Spot (~$11)

Whipped creams: Tiny Tribute, Captain's Berried Booty, Lollipop Your Cherry (~$22)

Bar soaps: Butterbeer, Captain's Berried Booty, Creamy Dreamy Oatmeal Cookie ($14)

Wax tarts: Butterbeer, Lemon Drop it Like it's Hot, Once a Beach Always a Beach, Captain's Berried Booty, Sally, The Sweet Spot ($8)

Bath bombs: Butterbeer gelato x2, Cake Batter gelato, Polyjuice Potion, Tree of Life, Sunshine Superman (~$24)

Shampoo bars: Tiny Tribute x2, Silver Parachute ($18)

Conditioner bars: Tiny Tribute, Polyjuice Potion, Lemon Drop It Like It's Hot (~$18)

May adjust for some of the Christmas stuff. Not sure yet.

I figure if I get free shipping, awesome. If I don't, I'll redeem one of the $5 off codes and it's almost like free shipping.

eta Thanks @@Kelly Silva!! Definitely going to edit my list to add both shampoo and conditioner bars. You and my Hunger Games obsession have enabled me! haha

edited one last time because what was I thinking not getting Butterbeer as one of my bar soaps. And now I'm actually going to bed.

Anyone think we'll be able to use a sub coupon code? I'm sitting on 2 I've never used. Got the email with the sale info but it didn't say anywhere.

Got to really rush this purchase thing due to only 10 international free shipping orders!!! ughhhhh

I think as long as that's the only code you use, you should be good! So if you're not doing free shipping, you can! 
Yay! Although, dang it I forgot about this and left the cards at home. I wonder if a FCS sale is good enough reason to leave work early so I can get my code? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back