Fortune Cookie Soap Box: Fall Soap Box 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got my shipping notice yesterday...same day that I got notification on the restock (with a discount code). Too bad I won't have any idea what I like yet!

I just found a box from FCS at my door. I haven't ordered anything since the initial fall release, and I got that order awhile ago with no issues. Inside was a note on a scrap of paper ripped out from a spiral notebook that said, "Sorry for the delay. Hope you enjoy the product." There were also full size perfume oils in Polyjuice Potion and Venus Fly Trap. Umm... okay?

I received my order 2 days before expected!  I would be super annoyed if the relaunch happened before receiving my order.  

On the other hand, I am really happy with my order!

I got two Day O OCDs, Prince Valium perfume oil (smells SO good!), the Shiz perfume oil (halfway done with my sample from the box) and a hydrate me in Flying Monkeys.

I did place another order for the relaunch but if I didn't receive my order before then, I wouldn't have.

I do sometimes feel that there is a bit of "in crowd" when it comes to the facebook fan group and the company.  I sat through a tedious and ridiculously long bullsh*t of a launch video and lots of people knew each other and it seemed to me that they were winning most of those giveaways and I felt that they got their orders much quicker than others that have just recently been introduced to the site.  But that may be me taking things too personally bc in the real life, who cares? lol

My order finally 'shipped.' And by that I mean a label was created. 

CS responded to my e-mail after I got my shipping notice and just said that it was shipped now. Didn't bother to explain why it took so long. No apology. Nothing. Pretty annoyed, but at least my stuff will be on the way soon!

I finally received my order! I forgot how much I love The Shiz perfume oil. (Mine broke a while back.) I think I'm going to have to order other products with this scent. 

I finally received my order! I forgot how much I love The Shiz perfume oil. (Mine broke a while back.) I think I'm going to have to order other products with this scent. 
I love it too, it's so unique and perfect for fall. I got it in the foaming soap, a wax tart, I also ordered more perfume, and I'm so tempted to get it in the hair oil.

The Shiz is my favorite, too!  It doesn't seem to last long on me though :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I think I'm going to end up buying the WC and try layering them to see if I can get any kind of lasting power out of it.

YOU GUYS! MY HALLOWEEN ORDER IS FINALLY OUT FOR DELIVERY! (And so is another order that I placed two weeks later)

I really thought it was never going to come!

ETA: Nevermind..the tracking just updated like this. What the heck. 

October 16, 2014 , 10:09 am

Departed USPS Facility

OSHKOSH, WI 54901 

October 16, 2014 , 7:30 am

Out for Delivery

GREEN BAY, WI 54303 

Last edited by a moderator:
@ Sometimes that happens to me, usually I still get it that day, it shouldn't be anything to worry about.

Has anyone has issues with their CS team? I sent an email Saturday and they have not responded.  There was what I consider one serious and one minor issue with my order.  I am honestly floored they have not responded to me based on other reports about their customer service, though it's clear they did read my email because part of it was about how they have misrepresented something on their website and that is changed now.

I don't want to have to report them to the BBB or the OK attorney general, but I feel I was promised something I did not get. 

I'm a newb at this....but I will say I signed up on Monday for the winter box. I think I somehow (probably my error) got signed up for the Canadian version of the box, as my receipt said I would be charged $28 vs $19.99. I immediately sent an email asking about correcting it....I have not recieved a response.

Has anyone has issues with their CS team? I sent an email Saturday and they have not responded.  There was what I consider one serious and one minor issue with my order.  I am honestly floored they have not responded to me based on other reports about their customer service, though it's clear they did read my email because part of it was about how they have misrepresented something on their website and that is changed now.

I don't want to have to report them to the BBB or the OK attorney general, but I feel I was promised something I did not get. 
Yeah, it took me a while to get a response. I think the last time update I saw on the FB group was that it was taking about 3 days for responses. I've heard it's better to call or use the chat feature, if that helps at all!

I'm a newb at this....but I will say I signed up on Monday for the winter box. I think I somehow (probably my error) got signed up for the Canadian version of the box, as my receipt said I would be charged $28 vs $19.99. I immediately sent an email asking about correcting it....I have not recieved a response.
Which e-mail did you send it to? There is a separate email for box stuff. I wonder if that would be faster? 

[email protected]

Yeah, it took me a while to get a response. I think the last time update I saw on the FB group was that it was taking about 3 days for responses. I've heard it's better to call or use the chat feature, if that helps at all!
Thanks.  I'll hold off then before taking any further action right now.I do think they should update their auto message to reflect actual turn around time but that's not the end of the world. I am also just surprised because I really am pretty darn sure they did read my email due to the changes on their website so you'd think they could have at least given me a shout out about that, but oh well.

Okay back already.  They have responded to me now to my satisfaction, and the CS rep who responded is just as nice as everyone has always said their CS reps are.  Thanks as always ladies for the feedback, sorry for jumping the gun here.

AH, everything smells so good! I really like all three of the whipped creams I ordered: Belle, Recently Deceased, & It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere. Zombie Repellent is just ok..can't decide if I'm a huge fan. Ordered There's No Place Like Home & The Shiz foaming hand soaps & I already knew I'd like those! 

The Showtime soap isn't my favorite scent ever, but I like it & it will look cute in my shower :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

AH, everything smells so good! I really like all three of the whipped creams I ordered: Belle, Recently Deceased, & It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere. Zombie Repellent is just ok..can't decide if I'm a huge fan. Ordered There's No Place Like Home & The Shiz foaming hand soaps & I already knew I'd like those! 

The Showtime soap isn't my favorite scent ever, but I like it & it will look cute in my shower :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Does your Zombie Repellent smell almost exactly like TNPLH? Mine does, and after reading the scent notes it makes sense, but I opened mine and really thought they used the wrong scent for it.

Does your Zombie Repellent smell almost exactly like TNPLH? Mine does, and after reading the scent notes it makes sense, but I opened mine and really thought they used the wrong scent for it.
Yep, now that you say that, it does! 

I wish the 'Personal Spaces' lasted longer. I mean, it's supposed to be a room spray, right? I spray it and I can smell it for a minute or so and then it completely disappears! Maybe I'll use it in my car or something. 

Back