Fortune Cookie Soap Box: Fall Soap Box 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I didn't really see anything that stood out to me either. I might just pass on the whole collection. I think a lot of people in the FCS fan group are more enthusiastic about certain scents than I am. The only ones I really liked from the Fall stuff was The Shiz and There's No Place Like Home. I hated all the pumpkin stuff. Everyone else just seemed to go gaga over that.
Absolutely the same here. I did not like the one pumpkin scent I got (Green Is the New Black). I think a good chunk of people in the fan group loooove "foodie" scents, and I totally do not. To me, the only scent that has been worth the fan group hype was Polyjuice Potion. My tastes go more toward the floral, citrus, and green scents, and we don't get a lot of those. I always want to like the foodie scents, because the descriptions sound so good, but almost every time I get one I wind up hating it.

@@Ruffinette, that stinks that you didn't like it. Are you sure they are the same scent? I read on the fan group page that there was a mix up with BFF and some other scent (and the mistake was made in a lot of products), so you could have possibly received one of the mix up batches?

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw the spoiler video on the FCS fan group facebook page, and I'm kind of "ehhh" about the whole collection. The bar soap is cute for sure. Other than that, the only two things I'm interested in are the "back from the graveyard" products. Plus none of the items, besides the soaps, really scream "Beetlejuice!" to me.

Some of the products I just don't understand, like (I'm not sure if I should spoiler this or not!)

there are products that smell like popcorn. Bleh! Why? I get that popcorn balls are a Halloween thing, but popcorn is kind of a weird scent for your body/home. It makes me think of that episode of Dirty Jobs where Mike Rowe meets a binturong and the little guy smells just like popcorn.
I was on the bus so I had to watch the video on mute. I only saw some stuff in the comments and I'm not sure ill like much but those ghosts are adorable!!

Absolutely the same here. I did not like the one pumpkin scent I got (Green Is the New Black). I think a good chunk of people in the fan group loooove "foodie" scents, and I totally do not. To me, the only scent that has been worth the fan group hype was Polyjuice Potion. My tastes go more toward the floral, citrus, and green scents, and we don't get a lot of those. I always want to like the foodie scents, because the descriptions sound so good, but almost every time I get one I wind up hating it.

@@Ruffinette, that stinks that you didn't like it. Are you sure they are the same scent? I read on the fan group page that there was a mix up with BFF and some other scent (and the mistake was made in a lot of products), so you could have possibly received one of the mix up batches?
Yup, it's definitely the blueberry pumpkin scent - it's just waaaaaay too much for me to handle. I'll stick to my faves - Butterbeer and Polyjuice Potion.

It's too bad so many of you didn't like the pumpkin scents!  I actually loved almost every scent in the whole collection.  But I think The Shiz was my favorite.  Every time I wear the perfume oil I can't stop smelling myself!

Capture.JPG

I got two OCDs and Prince Valium perfume oil from the Halloween line and since they restocked Witch Please, I got the Shiz perfume oil and Flying Monkey Hydrate me!  First time getting hydrate me so I'm excited! ;]

eta: Zombie repellent was sold out of my cart when I checked out =(

I grabbed the Here Lies bath bomb, Prince Valium perfume, Zombie Repellent, and The Shiz perfume and foaming hand soap. I also won the Strange and Unusual FCS from a giveaway, so I have that coming as well!

I was going to buy anything from the Halloween collection, but apparently after I had a few margarita's last night..I placed an order. I got the Halloween bar soap, personal space, & whipped cream. And the Belle whipped cream because everyone in the fan group raves about it and I need to smell it. And then some foaming soaps in There's No Place Like Home and The Shiz (accidentally ordered two of those). 

I'm not really feeling the Fall collection. Bring on Winter (just the new scents, not the actual season..I'm not ready for the cold).

I was actually in the facebook fan group not too long ago and I had to leave because you are all enablers in there ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
LoL! It's true. Almost everyone there is a hardcore enabler, and just seeing people's pictures of their stashes and purchases makes me want things. I'm constantly seeing trades/sales and going, "Yessssss... Wait, no! I don't need that!" to myself.

Sometimes I just don't understand Fortune Cookie Soap...they are constantly adding new events and collections to buy, and adding even more CYO events, positioned right near big releases. Why not just focus on making regular orders and getting them out in a timely manner? Why do they feel the need to keep adding things? I would rather there be fewer things going on, and get my order in a week or two max.

I received my Halloween order today.  Recently Deceased smells delicious - pretty much exactly like you would imaging candy corn + marshmallow smells like.  I really want to lick it!  Inferno Room has me confused.  I don't smell any cinnamon at all.  It smells like minty play-doh to me, lol.  I actually think it smells kind of gross.  Oh well, can't win 'em all!

eta:  Oh! I know, Inferno Room smells exactly like the fake flower section at JoAnn Fabrics!  Super weird.  I wonder if it will change when it melts?

Sometimes I just don't understand Fortune Cookie Soap...they are constantly adding new events and collections to buy, and adding even more CYO events, positioned right near big releases. Why not just focus on making regular orders and getting them out in a timely manner? Why do they feel the need to keep adding things? I would rather there be fewer things going on, and get my order in a week or two max.
Agreed. My order from 9/26 is still unfulfilled.  

Agreed. My order from 9/26 is still unfulfilled.  
Well as the email with my order confirmation says turnaround time is 7 business days, which is today. So if I don't get tracking today, I might email them with my thoughts about all these other events that are preventing our regular orders from going out.

ETA: From what I can tell, they are still about 100 orders away from mine. And there's the CYO perfume this weekend. Sigh.

Latest posts

Back