Fortune Cookie Soap Box: Fall Soap Box 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been trying to purchase The Shiz perfume oil for weeks, but it's consistently sold out (along with a LOT of other products). Is this typical for FCS? I know it's a small company, so I'm mostly curious as to whether I'm waiting in vain, or if it's going to actually be restocked one day. 

I've been trying to purchase The Shiz perfume oil for weeks, but it's consistently sold out (along with a LOT of other products). Is this typical for FCS? I know it's a small company, so I'm mostly curious as to whether I'm waiting in vain, or if it's going to actually be restocked one day.
Yes. They launch a new line every season and things sell out pretty much immediately. It usually takes a few weeks to get caught up on the massive amount of orders they receive during a launch, but stuff will be restocked. You can follow their Facebook page for updates.

Yes. They launch a new line every season and things sell out pretty much immediately. It usually takes a few weeks to get caught up on the massive amount of orders they receive during a launch, but stuff will be restocked. You can follow their Facebook page for updates.
Thank you for the info!

Also, did y'all see the video of their new warehouse on the Facebook page?  We got a sneak peek of (I think it was the OCD) the winter box.  It was an ice blue color.  Any ideas for a theme?  We know it's not Frozen because they keep saying NO to that one.  But it definitely was an icy blue.  But ice is anything with snow, winter, etc.  What theme would you like to see?

So I haven't been checking this thread so I'm completely sorry if this was already mentioned!

I got my small order today. I always get 2 wax tart samplers with my $10 coupon because I go through them like crazy and the FCS ones are good for at least 4 uses...so they're always a great deal.

I noticed I got a free Fortune Cookie Soap in my box that is called "Bundle Up!" and it has a really nice fruity/pine scent to it. Is this old news to everyone? I haven't seen this scent or the soap yet, and I also have never received a free soap with my order before, so that was kind of fun!

So I haven't been checking this thread so I'm completely sorry if this was already mentioned!

I got my small order today. I always get 2 wax tart samplers with my $10 coupon because I go through them like crazy and the FCS ones are good for at least 4 uses...so they're always a great deal.

I noticed I got a free Fortune Cookie Soap in my box that is called "Bundle Up!" and it has a really nice fruity/pine scent to it. Is this old news to everyone? I haven't seen this scent or the soap yet, and I also have never received a free soap with my order before, so that was kind of fun!
This was one of the soaps from the Christmas in July sale. I saved all the scent descriptions in a Google doc. Here is the one for bundle up: A unique blend of juicy apple, cassis, jasmine and Siberian fir

This was one of the soaps from the Christmas in July sale. I saved all the scent descriptions in a Google doc. Here is the one for bundle up: A unique blend of juicy apple, cassis, jasmine and Siberian fir
ooh fun! Thanks for all the details on the scent! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

You are super lucky then, those were only available during the crazy Christmas in July sale, they sold out, and were presumed gone. I got that one and I think it smells really good!

I am not big a fan of the Halloween spoiler they just posted on Facebook. The actual product is mega cute, but the scent... bleh! Then again, everyone can't like everything (and it'll save me some money not buying it, lol).

Scent notes:

A fortune cookie soap: "it's called "Strange & Unusual" and in accordance with the name, the scents used are sticky black licorice and black cherry!"

I am not big a fan of the Halloween spoiler they just posted on Facebook. The actual product is mega cute, but the scent... bleh! Then again, everyone can't like everything (and it'll save me some money not buying it, lol).

Scent notes:

A fortune cookie soap: "it's called "Strange & Unusual" and in accordance with the name, the scents used are sticky black licorice and black cherry!"
That sounds really yummy to me!  I think I may really like the Halloween stuff.

Ugh this punctuation is killing me (or lack of), if this is incorrectly printed on all of the Halloween products, I really don't think I can buy anything.

10376276_10152673320091702_852252926317987674_n.jpg

And now I feel like a nerd

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh this punctuation is killing me (or lack of), if this is incorrectly printed on all of the Halloween products, I really don't think I can buy anything.

10376276_10152673320091702_852252926317987674_n.jpg

And now I feel like a nerd
Oh god that makes me cringe!!! I'm trying to think of another way to read it, but I can't really unless it was "THREE times the charm" not third. Sigh, that's a bummer. 

Feel you guys on the punctuation error. Misplaced apostrophes or lack thereof is a huge pet peeve of mine.

So I'm kind of confused on this Halloween collection. Is it individual stuff we can purchase? I could have sworn FCS said it was a package deal and you either got them all or you didn't but maybe I'm going crazy, who knows anymore.

So I'm kind of confused on this Halloween collection. Is it individual stuff we can purchase? I could have sworn FCS said it was a package deal and you either got them all or you didn't but maybe I'm going crazy, who knows anymore.
I think it's going to be like the Summer collection, where it's sold individually or in a set and will be available for a month or so.

I saw the spoiler video on the FCS fan group facebook page, and I'm kind of "ehhh" about the whole collection. The bar soap is cute for sure. Other than that, the only two things I'm interested in are the "back from the graveyard" products. Plus none of the items, besides the soaps, really scream "Beetlejuice!" to me.

Some of the products I just don't understand, like (I'm not sure if I should spoiler this or not!)

there are  products that smell like popcorn. Bleh! Why? I get that popcorn balls are a Halloween thing, but popcorn is kind of a weird scent for your body/home. It makes me think of that episode of Dirty Jobs where Mike Rowe meets a binturong and the little guy smells just like popcorn.

I saw the spoiler video on the FCS fan group facebook page, and I'm kind of "ehhh" about the whole collection. The bar soap is cute for sure. Other than that, the only two things I'm interested in are the "back from the graveyard" products. Plus none of the items, besides the soaps, really scream "Beetlejuice!" to me.

Some of the products I just don't understand, like (I'm not sure if I should spoiler this or not!)

there are  products that smell like popcorn. Bleh! Why? I get that popcorn balls are a Halloween thing, but popcorn is kind of a weird scent for your body/home. It makes me think of that episode of Dirty Jobs where Mike Rowe meets a binturong and the little guy smells just like popcorn.
Yeah I didn't really see anything that stood out to me either. I might just pass on the whole collection. I think a lot of people in the FCS fan group are more enthusiastic about certain scents than I am. The only ones I really liked from the Fall stuff was The Shiz and There's No Place Like Home. I hated all the pumpkin stuff. Everyone else just seemed to go gaga over that.

Latest posts

Back