Fortune Cookie Soap Box: Fall Soap Box 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed. My order from 9/26 is still unfulfilled.  
Mine too. I was actually debating picking up another one of the Halloween soaps whenever they do the restock but I just noticed they're doing another CYO even this Friday. So...even if they do a restock, I seriously doubt I'd get it by Halloween. Irritating. 

They're trying to do waaaaay too much at once, in my opinion. 

I don't get why CYO is even a thing?  Why don't they just make it available for purchase all the time?  It's obvious they keep the ingredients on hand.  I don't see what's in it for them (besides stress) by making them special events.

I don't get why CYO is even a thing?  Why don't they just make it available for purchase all the time?  It's obvious they keep the ingredients on hand.  I don't see what's in it for them (besides stress) by making them special events.
I think if they're going to do them at all, which I don't understand why they do it either, but it makes it easier if it's contained to a single time frame. Make them all at once, send them all at once, and be done. But they should not be centered around or even close to collection launches, restocks, or soap boxes.

maybe the CYO special events have a greater appeal because of it's limited availability? I'm only speculating and can see how limited editions have more impulse purchases  

I'm pretty new to FCS and I am still learning of their products.  [SIZE=14.4444446563721px]CYO seems to cool to me because museum scents are available so I can try out older concoctions.  I don't think I'd be good at creating my own scents, honestly.  But I haven't participated in any CYO events, as of now.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.4444446563721px]Is anyone going to participate in the perfume oil CYO?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.4444446563721px]side note: FINALLY got my halloween shipping notice.  I swear, I always think they forget about little ol' me.[/SIZE]

I thought the CYO was really cool the first time around when they did one for whipped creams in summer or whenever that was, but it hasn't really appealed to me since then. I definitely wish they'd do less of those and focus on the seasonal collections.

I actually loved pretty much all the scents in this fall collection. I'm interested to see what the winter theme is though.

Hmm yeah I ordered on 9/26 and was told 7 business days TAT. That would make today my 9th business day and my order status is still "unfulfilled." Technically I ordered late on 9/26, but still. Frustrating! 

My order shipped, I'm probably still going to send them an email with some customer feedback though. I want to let them know how I feel about my experience. I might wait until after my order arrives though to see if something leaked for the third time. My last 2 shipments have had something leak, and it's starting to get on my nerves.

Still no shipping on my order. Also just saw someone in the FB group got a shipping notice & her order number is almost 100 after mine. Annoying. 

Wow, I can't believe how behind they are right now!  I haven't placed an order in months and was planning to buy some WC's and perfumes for Christmas gifts.  Guess I should place my order soon so I'll actually have it on time.....

Not that it makes a difference, but if it's any consolation, I decided I hate what I ordered.  The more I smell the WC the more I really, really hate it.  Both the WC and wax tart smell like plastic to me.  Hopefully you guys like your orders and they were worth the long wait.

Which WC did you get?  I haven't liked any of the wax tarts I've gotten in the past.  They all smelled ok but I swear only lasted an hour or so with very little scent throw.

Which WC did you get? I haven't liked any of the wax tarts I've gotten in the past. They all smelled ok but I swear only lasted an hour or so with very little scent throw.
I got the Halloween one, Recently Deceased. I like all the other WCs I have, just not feeling this Halloween stuff after all.

I got the Halloween one, Recently Deceased. I like all the other WCs I have, just not feeling this Halloween stuff after all.
I took one look at the WC and knew I wouldn't like it. I only got the Here Lies bath bomb, Prince Valium perfume, Zombie Repellent (based on rave reviews), and a couple The Shiz items. Sucks that things are not so good right now, I want to like FCS, but it's just not cutting it with all the other indie companies coming out with great Halloween bath and body stuff.

Sucks that things are not so good right now, I want to like FCS, but it's just not cutting it with all the other indie companies coming out with great Halloween bath and body stuff.
Exactly. A few months ago, FCS was my favorite company I was buying from. I'm starting to get a little disenchanted and feel like some of the indie bath and body companies are really beating them out in terms of product, TAT, quality control and price. I might be starting to get over FCS, but I'm sure I'll keep doing the Soap Box because the themed boxes are really fun and I like that it's quarterly.

I just sent them an e-mail. Today is day nine & they state they're at a seven day lead time. I understand things happen & maybe they're behind or something, but how hard is it to communicate? Send out an email or post on Facebook or something and just say 'Hey we're running three days behind' or whatever. 

I just want my stuff before Halloween. 

I just ordered the 8 oz No Place Like Home Whipped Cream with my $10 off code from the Fall box ... still cost $13.24. Wow. It was a toss-up between the body butter or 2 Oogie Boogie OCD's (are these permanent now?), 1 No Place Like Home OCD, and trying to find something else cheap that I like if it wasn't over $10 yet. I wonder if I'll get it before the Winter Soap Box ships?

And now they're doing a Halloween restock tomorrow when everyone's orders from 2 weeks ago still haven't shipped. They did move CYO to next weekend. Following indie brand practices and faults makes me realize they have too much on their plate.

And now they're doing a Halloween restock tomorrow when everyone's orders from 2 weeks ago still haven't shipped. They did move CYO to next weekend. Following indie brand practices and faults makes me realize they have too much on their plate.
WTF. That's not cool. My order still hasn't shipped & they haven't responded to my e-mail. I figured it was delayed due to the Halloween stuff because my Fall items are showing in stock on the website, but clearly that's not the case if they're doing a restock. 

On a related note, I just saw that they shut down the chat feature and the phones today while they prepared for the restock. And they're already taking 3 days to respond to e-mails. 

Just terrible, terrible business decisions, in my opinion. 

I got my order today. I had another thing leak, luckily it was the perfume and it was contained in a bag. No free sample. Zombie Repellant smells exactly like There's No Place Like Home. Prince Valium is nice out of the bottle, a little too sweet on the skin for about 10 minutes, and then it just smells like vanilla I think? I can't really tell which note is causing the scent. But it's nice, and it has good silage, I can smell it on my wrist just walking around. It smells good, I'm always like "what's that delicious smell?" and then I remember I still have it on. The only thing I'm not keen on is the Here Lies... bath bomb. It might be better in the bath, but I'll probably cut it in half or thirds.

Back