Fortune Cookie Soap Box: Summer Soap Box 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks!! I'm so excited for this delivery right now!!!

Also, FCS may be the reason I never go into Bath & Body Works again.
Same here! The only reason I shop at Bath & Body Works is for candle sales. If FCS made candles, I'd be all over that. I'm already all over the wax tarts!

Same here! The only reason I shop at Bath & Body Works is for candle sales. If FCS made candles, I'd be all over that. I'm already all over the wax tarts!
I worked there for like 4 years so I have a love/hate relationship with that store. I didn't have to buy hand soaps for a couple years after I quit. It was kind of exciting during the last semi-annual sale, I was like OMG I actually NEED soaps again and I bought all the Hawaii themed ones. I have a stock pile of shower gels in a couple of the scents that I liked that they cleared out. I'll probably still go back for the candles and hand soaps though. I do love their candles.

ETA I have 2 wax tarts and I have yet to use them. I feel like I don't know how to use them even haha. And FCS should sooo make candles. I would love a 14.5 oz Captain's Berried Booty candle!!  :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
ETA I have 2 wax tarts and I have yet to use them. I feel like I don't know how to use them even haha. And FCS should sooo make candles. I would love a 14.5 oz Captain's Berried Booty candle!!  :wub:
I bought a Glade Wax Melt Warmer from Target for like $10 & I just use that. You literally just set the wax melt on top, turn it on, and let it melt. Fills your house with amazing smells! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I bought a Glade Wax Melt Warmer from Target for like $10 & I just use that. You literally just set the wax melt on top, turn it on, and let it melt. Fills your house with amazing smells! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 
Thank you @!! I have some stuff I needed to go to Target for and I was thinking I didn't want to do it tonight but now I kind of want to just so I can get that and try one of my wax tarts tonight!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thank you @!! I have some stuff I needed to go to Target for and I was thinking I didn't want to do it tonight but now I kind of want to just so I can get that and try one of my wax tarts tonight!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
You definitely should! I have Native Nectar in my right now and the whole house smells like coconut goodness! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

It's nice because it's basically like the scent from a candle, but without the slight burning scent. Just straight up wax. 

The code I was sent on the card, can I use that anytime? Or does it have to be before midnight tonight?

I worked there for like 4 years so I have a love/hate relationship with that store. I didn't have to buy hand soaps for a couple years after I quit. It was kind of exciting during the last semi-annual sale, I was like OMG I actually NEED soaps again and I bought all the Hawaii themed ones. I have a stock pile of shower gels in a couple of the scents that I liked that they cleared out. I'll probably still go back for the candles and hand soaps though. I do love their candles.

<snip>
I posted about this a few days ago in the no-buy thread:  Last summer, I rounded up all of my UNOPENED B&BW bottles and donated them to a shelter.  It was something like twenty bottles.  I've been using my partials that I had at the time and whatever arrives in subs ever since.  I *might* run out by the end of the summer.  Maybe.  If i do, I'll be buying FCS stuff, but I will *not* be stocking up when I order.  One shower gel and two or three sugar scrubs a season, and that will probably be it.

The code I was sent on the card, can I use that anytime? Or does it have to be before midnight tonight?
The one in your subscription box?  No rush on that one.  You can use it in a year and a half if you want.

I posted about this a few days ago in the no-buy thread:  Last summer, I rounded up all of my UNOPENED B&BW bottles and donated them to a shelter.  It was something like twenty bottles.  I've been using my partials that I had at the time and whatever arrives in subs ever since.  I *might* run out by the end of the summer.  Maybe.  If i do, I'll be buying FCS stuff, but I will *not* be stocking up when I order.  One shower gel and two or three sugar scrubs a season, and that will probably be it.
That's so awesome! I need to do that!

This FCS probably won't last me that long. A lot of it is bath bombs/melts and I go through those like nobody's business. This is actually the first time I've bought any since Christmas since my mom made me some homemade ones when I told her about all the ones I bought at Lush during a lunch break shopping trip.

I am so tempted to buy a bunch of stuff. Maybe if I can get through what I have stocked up by fall I will subscribe to the box. Then I would have the launch coupon *and* ten dollars off to justify a decent sized order.

You definitely should! I have Native Nectar in my right now and the whole house smells like coconut goodness! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

It's nice because it's basically like the scent from a candle, but without the slight burning scent. Just straight up wax. 
I got one!! Yay!! Now I wish I bought some earlier!

Also, sidenote, I just had this kind of horrifying experience walking up to my apartment after I got back from Target. There was this worm on the sidewalk and it moved SO FREAKING FAST... I've never seen a worm move like that. I tried to use my phone to light it up and see it better but I didn't want to stand too close to it because it was so fast and it ran/crawled/shimmied under my car before I could get a good look at it. I may have nightmares about this thing tonight.

Thank you all! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> You gals that live In USA are lucky! 6.97$ flat rate shipping! I have to pay on weight, If I order 5 things its like 17$ to ship to Canada :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I might have to use reship.com.

Or just use Scentsy  :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Scentsy's Pineapple Sorbet smells JUST LIKE the one from the soap box! Sooooo good.

I am so tempted to buy a bunch of stuff. Maybe if I can get through what I have stocked up by fall I will subscribe to the box. Then I would have the launch coupon *and* ten dollars off to justify a decent sized order.
Alas, unless they have changed it from the last time I tried, you can't stack codes.  You would have to make two orders if you want to use both the launch coupon and the $10 code.  

Alas, unless they have changed it from the last time I tried, you can't stack codes.  You would have to make two orders if you want to use both the launch coupon and the $10 code.  
Oh no! That's unfortunate. Thanks for telling me though!

I think I'm going to need to subscribe for the fall box! The past few months, I've swapped for a lot of FCS items, and I've loved them all!! I'm not sure why I've never subscribed to this sub before. XD That candy hand sanitizer is amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back