Fortune Cookie Soap Box: Summer Soap Box 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah!!

the oval tube is a face scrub...and the smaller jar is a lip scrub!!  And a sugar scrub

I am so happy!!
I'm SO happy with everything, omg. So glad I signed up yesterday. :3 I'm only sad that there's no

steam me up scotty
in this box. BUT EVERYTHING ELSE  :wub:

If anyone didn't want to watch the unboxing video/can't access it... here's a list of the items + scents!

captain's berried booty whipped cream (powdery vanilla, raspberry and tonka bean notes)

blow me lip scrub (bubblegum)

lemon drop it like it's hot microderm abrasion facial scrub (lightly fragranced with lemon peel essence and orange zest)

the sweet spot sparkle me (fresh picked melon, strawberries, and peaches twisted with sour mandarin oranges and pineapples sprinkled with a touch of sugar)

lollipop your cherry ocd hand sanitizer (cherries swirled with vanilla, oranges, and a hint of pineapple)

sweet dreamsicle wax tart (ripe pineapple livened with a splash of bright orange citrus and luscious vanilla cream)

rock your socks off solid sugar scrub (grape candy)

lick your lips fortune cookie soap (cool peppermint ice cream with flecks of dark chocolate)

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone didn't want to watch the unboxing video/can't access it... here's a list of the items + scents!

captain's berried booty whipped cream (powdery vanilla, raspberry and tonka bean notes)

blow me lip scrub (bubblegum)

lemon drop it like it's hot microderm abrasion facial scrub (lightly fragranced with lemon peel essence and orange zest)

the sweet spot sparkle me (fresh picked melon, strawberries, and peaches twisted with sour mandarin oranges and pineapples sprinkled with a touch of sugar)

lollipop your cherry ocd hand sanitizer (cherries swirled with vanilla, oranges, and a hint of pineapple)

sweet dreamsicle wax tart (ripe pineapple livened with a splash of bright orange citrus and luscious vanilla cream)

rock your socks off solid sugar scrub (grape candy)

lick your lips fortune cookie soap (cool peppermint ice cream with flecks of dark chocolate)

omg!! this sounds so amazing! can't wait!

The summer box looks great. Cutting it close to the order deadline, but I just subscribed. I got a few of the very first boxes and had enjoyed them. Excited to be joining this sub again. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ahhhhh!!!! So excited for this box! So many fun new products :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Here's the link to the unboxing video that Rachel Whitehurst did:
I feel like we need to do a drinking game with each time she curses... and I even consider myself to have a potty mouth.  Goodness!  Regardless, I'm going to love everything except the soap because I don't really like peppermint, but I'm signing up now!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man I was going to hold off on watching the video so I could be more surprised, but honestly I am even MORE excited for this box now!! SO good. Everything sounds amazing!

@@LethalLesal - Yes!  After the first couple of items I started waiting more to see how many extraneous curse words she was going to throw in.  Don't get me wrong - I totally have a potty mouth.  I think she's still young enough that she thinks the excessive vulgarities make her seem edgy and such. 

Regardless, it was that cringe inducing, you obviously are still learning how to properly use cuss words, awkward, annoying phase that everyone with a well developed sailor's vocabulary wants to deny they ever went through.  lol

Back on topic - I'm super excited about the scent on the OCD.  I *love* cherries.  The boyfriend, not a fan of cherry scents, but I can keep this OCD at my desk to use.  The watermelon from last month is at home because the kids love the scent.

For those of us without one of those warming plates, does anyone have a suggestion for using the wax tart?

Is anyone else kind of disappointed with FCS? It just seems like they frequently take other company's ideas. For example, why did they have to make the lip scrub in a bubblegum scent? It just seems like they copied one of Lush's most popular products - their bubble gum lip scrub. I mean I love their products, but I would like to see them come up with their own unique ideas. 

Is anyone else kind of disappointed with FCS? It just seems like they frequently take other company's ideas. For example, why did they have to make the lip scrub in a bubblegum scent? It just seems like they copied one of Lush's most popular products - their bubble gum lip scrub. I mean I love their products, but I would like to see them come up with their own unique ideas. 
I feel like this is pretty much inevitable in the beauty world.  Like saying why does [insert company here] have to come out with another vanilla [whatever] haha.  So many products have dupes and I appreciate having lots of options when it comes to ingredients/packaging/promotional differences :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

I feel like this is pretty much inevitable in the beauty world.  Like saying why does [insert company here] have to come out with another vanilla [whatever] haha.  So many products have dupes and I appreciate having lots of options when it comes to ingredients/packaging/promotional differences :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.
And, too, Lush has pretty much already done EVERYTHING that there is to be done at at least one point or another, so really... what more can be done?  People want the usual smelly good smells with a little twist on them, and looking through their product line, they seem to have done that.  

@@LethalLesal - Yes!  After the first couple of items I started waiting more to see how many extraneous curse words she was going to throw in.  Don't get me wrong - I totally have a potty mouth.  I think she's still young enough that she thinks the excessive vulgarities make her seem edgy and such. 

Regardless, it was that cringe inducing, you obviously are still learning how to properly use cuss words, awkward, annoying phase that everyone with a well developed sailor's vocabulary wants to deny they ever went through.  lol

Back on topic - I'm super excited about the scent on the OCD.  I *love* cherries.  The boyfriend, not a fan of cherry scents, but I can keep this OCD at my desk to use.  The watermelon from last month is at home because the kids love the scent.

For those of us without one of those warming plates, does anyone have a suggestion for using the wax tart?
Cringe induced was exactly how I felt =) 

You should be able to put the wax tart in a nonstick pot on your stove's warm setting with no problems.  Or even turn the stove on and put the pan in the middle if that seems too hot still.  But, they have the warmers for like $5 at Wal-Mart and Target, and they're totally worth it! 

Does FCS smell as "natural" as Lush? I couldn't find one thing in Lush that I thought smelled good. I was hoping FCS would be a better version of Lush.

I'd never heard of Rachel Whitehurts before, but I feel like the way she talks reminds me vaguely of Jenna Marbles. Also, kind of funny, her youtube username (icallitambrosia) and blog title (87daysbefore) are references to the book I happen to be reading right now!

Anyway, I peaked at the product list in here yesterday and now I just watched her unboxing video, and I'm WAY more excited about this box then I was a couple days ago. I thought it would be cute and I love bath products in general, but I wasn't that excited based on the type of products I got in my Tree of Life set. These are all awesome things I actually need... lip scrub, microdermabrasion facial scrub, sugar scrub! Yay! The only thing I'm not sure about is this fortune cookie soap because I've never been able to stand mint and chocolate together. But if I sniff it and it's not gonna work for me, I can just give it to my mom.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@@biancardi  You called it!! (On the new product.  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> )  I agree it sounds amazing.

@@mandithomas89  What's the book?  Please share.

I enjoy Rachel Whitehurst's videos & find her cussing very candid & refreshing (but, that's just me.)   :lol:

Back