FrenchBox [Spoilers]

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, I'm torn. I signed up for October's box, hoping to see some Caron, but I'm thinking I won't stay. I'd like to have had some of the Caudalie and Sothy's cosmetics, but I wouldn't think they'd be in next month's box, and I have come to the conclusion that I am really just interested in makeup and perfume as far as sub boxes go. And even in make-up, I only want eye and lip stuff. 

I need to cancel this box - just not my taste. I think the presentation was very nice but I received the fruit in banana, probably the only flavor I wouldn't want, the lipstick in brick red (dull), lip pencil (don't use them), and the bracelet in hot pink which I think I will gift to my 12 yr old daughter. Hot pink does not interest me. I know many of you like this wine holder but it comes off cheap to me (please don't take offense, I'm just sharing my impression).

I'm glad many of you love this box but the only item I will use is the $5.00 cleansing water which I've tried before and thought it was okay. If I had received the bracelet in white or black I would have been thrilled. If I had received the eye liner vs the lip pencil I would have been very happy. Any flavor of fruit but banana :)

I'm a huge francophile (speak french fluently, lived in France for awhile, etc) but this box was a miss for me.  
i share your sentiments about this box. i cancelled too. the only things i liked were the nail polish and the caudalie. 

I thought this box had excellent value for the $14 price. I received:

the orange fruit snack 

white bracelet

Caudalie makeup remover - makeup remover is something I wish subs would send more 

Sothy's Lipgloss in Parme (which I love, the consistency of the gloss is fab!)

Sothy's polish in Rouge Profond 

I'm a Francophile too. I too speak fluent French. To have a little monthly French influx in my mailbox is pretty great. I'll continue to subscribe to this box. 

I missed the cut off to try this month's box.  After seeing all the boxes so far, I don't think I'm going to go for it.  The packaging is nice, but to me it feels like they spent more on that than on the products offered.  

It seems slightly immature, meaning things like fruit snacks and the bracelet I wouldn't expect to pay for in a sub box unless I knew it was geared towards tweens/teens.  

The makeup looks nice, but I don't like most of the colors chosen for the box (if they got to choose in the first place?).  I regularly use Caudalie cleansing water, so that'd be the best item if I'd gotten a box.  :-\

It is an "okay" value at 14$, but I'd never pay 24$ for a box like this.  They'd have to seriously step up for that kind of money from my wallet.  I'll keep my eyes on future boxes though.  It might get better as they get more established. 

do they have any referral codes and or deals for first boxes? you enablers make me want this box!! i must have it!

The code 'firstbox' should still work to get the first box for $14, according to the website. 

There's a spoiler on facebook: 

Christian Lacroix, one of the most talented fashion designer in France, has made a drawing just for you. You can discover this surprise in the October FrenchBox.
Maybe it will be like the postcard in the last box?

I just joined this thing yesterday so I'm hoping I made whatever cut there is to get a box.

Honestly the only reason I subscribed was JUST for the box itself since I'm such a huge France nerd. The stuff in it is just a plus for me, but I think I'll be cancelling right after the first box since, like I said, I'm mostly interested in just the box and I don't think the stuff from last month are worth $24 together /cheapo

And there is a note on FB that they will ship each month around the 15th and are planning to get this month's box out on the 12th!

I was going by the list of new sponsors posted above..... I thought I saw one that made fortune cookies?

hopefully its the traditional calissons marzipan treat and NOT fortune cookies!  If they put the fortune cookies in I would cancel immediately!  

I'm guessing they'll have the more traditional treat, though.

I'm definitely interested in those other new brands.  Cant wait to see what we get!

I am just not much of a sweets eater. (Aside from chocolate!)

I'll take all the perfume they care to send me, but I am not interested in food items. 

I take that back; if croissants would keep, they could send me every single one in France! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  It i s impossible to find a good one where I live. 

I am just not much of a sweets eater. (Aside from chocolate!)

I'll take all the perfume they care to send me, but I am not interested in food items. 

I take that back; if croissants would keep, they could send me every single one in France! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  It i s impossible to find a good one where I live. 
Try finding them frozen, and then bake them at home. They are generally soooooo good fresh out of the oven.

Latest posts

Back