Garnier's New BB cream

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by xoxelizabeth189 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you guys find it works fine alone?

I don't need alot of coverage, mostly just to make my skin even. I've been looking for some good tinted moisturizers but haven't found any I really like.

I have really oily skin so i use a mattifier underneath it. other than that I love this stuff! I've been wearing this instead of foundation.

definitely has enough coverage on its own, and isn't greasy when it dries. it looks a little cakey on my skin, but it's not noticeable unless you're staring at my face a foot away lol. I like that it has SPF, since I always forget to use sun protection; it almost feels like body sunscreen--like, moisturizing but dry at the same time.

it's around the same price as a skin79 bb cream on amazon, so idk if you'd be interested in those (I find the texture to be a lot smoother, but the coverage doesn't seem to be as good)

Originally Posted by xoxelizabeth189 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you guys find it works fine alone?

I don't need alot of coverage, mostly just to make my skin even. I've been looking for some good tinted moisturizers but haven't found any I really like.

This is tempting! But I'm super pale, and I've been hearing some comments about the smell. I actually tried the MISSHA M BB cream, and while it looked really good, the smell made me want to throw up, lol! But, I think I'll keep an eye out for this at CVS and return it if it doesn't work out. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

PS Isabel, it made your skin look so luminous and GORGEOUS!! 

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is tempting! But I'm super pale, and I've been hearing some comments about the smell. I actually tried the MISSHA M BB cream, and while it looked really good, the smell made me want to throw up, lol! But, I think I'll keep an eye out for this at CVS and return it if it doesn't work out. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

PS Isabel, it made your skin look so luminous and GORGEOUS!! 

Thank you so much Ladygrey! I'm scent sensitive and the smell doesnt bother me. It is sweet smelling but I find that it fades.

Oooh, good! I might have some luck with this one, then. Typically I'm not too sensitive to smells, even ones considered gross or awful, but for some reason old lady perfumey smells that are super strong just make me want to gag! I'm going to stalk my CVS until I find this stuff, hopefully I'll have luck with it.

We got these to try out at beauty bloggers meeting here in Finland. I think that this works like a normal tinted moisturizer, but I like it more. I have the lightest shade and it's maybe a tiny bit too dark for my skin in the winter (and many pale finnish girls thought it was too dark for them). This BB cream really makes my skin look better (luminous and healthy) and I like to use it instead of foundation when my skin is in good condition. I don't think this covers my acne scars really well and I think that's about the only downside in this product.

I saw this at Walmart and I tried the light one just on my hand and it was WAY too dark on me! I would look very tan if I used this and I hate looking tan lol... so not for me... oh well, it would be nice if they made an extra extra light version and then maybe I would try it and buy it if it worked.

I bought this at CVS and hate it. It's way too greasy and feels disgusting on my skin hours after application. Maybe people with really dry skin won't mind it, but I'd advise against it for anyone with combination or oily skin. Now I feel bad because I wasted money. Ugh.

Can anyone compare colors to MAC foundations? I'm getting one and I picked light/medium. Im usually tan but I haven't been out lately and lost my color. Im probably a NC 37-40 now in MAC. 

I'm a NW15 and the light/medium version of this is a couple shades too dark for me. if I tanned it would be the perfect shade, but I don't, so it looks a little orange. 

I mix mine with my Neutrogena moisturizer, and since that's white, it knocks down the color a couple of notches enough to make it work. I like it, but it definitely looks pretty shiny and dewy if you put it everywhere on your whole face. At least it was for me. 

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Found it today at the bigger Rite Aid. I bought Medium/Deep.

Would you believe I still haven't tried it? I bought a dark spot corrector from them around the same time, and it broke me out so bad I am skeered to use the BB cream lol.

I just bought it today since it wasn't full price, and I needed a cream for when I don't want to wear a lot of makeup. I don't find this to be like the other BB creams I've tried. I have one somewhere (sorry, can't help with the brand since the letters have worn off the tube. I think it's from Misha), which is a lot lighter, have spf 50 and is able to cover more. The one from Garnier looked a little oily at first, but it has dried now, and it's pretty comfortable. I don't mind the smell, I think it's nice. 

It covered the scar on my chin from a second degree burn and the sebaceous filaments on my nose, but it didn't cover the zit on my cheekbone. I'll have to use concealer for that. 

I'll buy it again when it's empty.

Missha is said to be the best bb cream among the rest of the Asian BB Creams. I have tried quite a few and my favorite is SKin79 and Skin Food. Skin Food is water based so you can definitely wear it alone. It gives you a slightly luminous skin and healthy skin. It has a light coverage and you can slowly build it up if you want more coverage and avoid caking. It covers the pores and the blemishes and it's all you need really. I don't wear liquid foundation anymore. If I want heavy coverage I use my mineral makeup on top of my bb cream and it works amazing!

im the same skintone and clinque has a new one is a shade for us its the darkest one i beleive they call it shade 3 or 4......it goes on a little lighter than i would like but with in 15 mintues its blended in the skin....its thick and it takes some blending to get it to go on but its worth trying......take care for now.  

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It brightened up your face. Looks like the deep does work on darker skintones. Here are the swatches I promised. Oh and a little goes a long, long way. I'm still not over the smell, it's sweet... fruity maybe? I expect that much scent in hair care products but not face products.

Flash used.​
 ​
Light/medium on left; Medium/Deep on right​
No flash used. Light source: natural light​
 ​
Light/Medium & Medium/Deep mixed together​
No flash used. Light source: natural light​
I've been using Garnier since I was 16! It's the only thing that doesn't bother my extreme sensitive skin :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The scent to the bb cream is actually their original scent they use in a lot of their face washes and face makeup (a very sweet citrus scent) I use the BB cream in light/medium and I have verrrry light skin! (115 Fit Me foundation, Classic Ivory in the dream nude airfoam) It blends very well and doesn't make me look like an orange..
wub.gif

Back